• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
"Baltimore dominated the tight end market in the AFC North last year.

2018's highest-graded TEs from the division https://t.co/Vw7KbrLlVq"

I wonder who we're going to keep between Maxx and Boyle. I honestly wouldn't be mad if we kept both, depending on price obviously, but I'd choose Maxx if we could keep only one just because he offers more in the passing game and is still a great blocker. Love our TE group though and can't wait to see Hurst ball out next year at full health.

Icy

Practice Squad
i’m
classic spotrac - over the cap is more reliable and has the more correct numbers in almost all cases - but especially in this case
im starting to think they may have accounted for future releases. I just read that if we release Weddle, Jimmy, and Crabtree that’ll create another 20m in cap space

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i’m

im starting to think they may have accounted for future releases. I just read that if we release Weddle, Jimmy, and Crabtree that’ll create another 20m in cap space
I just compared the two sites. Overthecap has Flacco still in the books(10.5M gain), spotrac hasn't accounted for Weddle's 1m bonus, Snead's cap hit is 2.2m lower on spotrac and some other contracts are a bit off. But the rest looks fine to me. That leaves us with ~40m cap space including rookie contracts.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just compared the two sites. Overthecap has Flacco still in the books(10.5M gain), spotrac hasn't accounted for Weddle's 1m bonus, Snead's cap hit is 2.2m lower on spotrac and some other contracts are a bit off. But the rest looks fine to me. That leaves us with ~40m cap space including rookie contracts.
With 40m you can keep Mosley and go sign an elite S and pass rusher... frontload the deals

Icy

Practice Squad
thanks for clearing that up for me/us

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
With 40m you can keep Mosley and go sign an elite S and pass rusher... frontload the deals

I assume some of that is going to Tavon so with 8m going to draft and 8m Tavon (if frontloaded) and then probably 12-14m for Mosley, I think that leaves picking a S and then hunting for whatever is left

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Much safer to just use overthecap - Brian McFarland swears by the difference between the two and trusts overthecap way more