• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Despite all the crap I don’t think Tomlin’s had a losing season

The worst record they've posted since Tomlin became coach was 8-8 for back-to-back years in 2012 and 2013. They've also had 8 seasons of 10+ wins during this time. For all the shit that Tomlin gets sometimes, their team has been very successful for the past 12 years.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The worst record they've posted since Tomlin became coach was 8-8 for back-to-back years in 2012 and 2013. They've also had 8 seasons of 10+ wins during this time. For all the shit that Tomlin gets sometimes, their team has been very successful for the past 12 years.
Doesn’t hurt having Roethlesberger

Tank

Hall of Famer
TBF they've kept a consistent steady supply of talent rolling through there forever. I guess Tomlin has helped but Kevin Colbert deserves at least equal praise.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
TBF they've kept a consistent steady supply of talent rolling through there forever. I guess Tomlin has helped but Kevin Colbert deserves at least equal praise.

Yeah, they've definitely had a lot of talent throughout these years. I often wonder how much better they would be if they had a coach with better control of their locker room (not letting all this drama get out of control), but Tomlin still has to get some of the credit because talent can only carry you so far.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Shidddd not me. I said before the draft that I hope like hell they take darnold over Baker because baker would be the biggest possible thorn in our side for the next decade.

I genuinely think the ravens/browns of the early 2020s could end up just a notch below the ravens/Steelers rivalry of the late 2000s/early teens
I actually remember you being on my side for this one lol

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I'll miss Flacco and I'm thankful for everything he did out here. I'm interested to see what he does out in Denver, but that offense doesn't really have a lot of talent.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Why is jimmy smith a cap casualty? Im so confused. I mean i would cut carr, crabtree ans weddle as a trio before even considering jimmy..

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Why is jimmy smith a cap casualty? Im so confused. I mean i would cut carr, crabtree ans weddle as a trio before even considering jimmy..

Love Jimmy. That said wouldn't be surprised to see him gone because he's second highest cap on team, I think 1 year left and often injured. We are actually deep at the position too.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The team has been absolutely flooded with talent the whole time, and their Achilles heel for like 80% of Tomlins tenure has been the secondary and he, a secondary coach, has never come close to fixing it. Meanwhile the absurd talent that has carried him for the past decade has started to run the show. Just like harbaugh was tested with the mass exodus of talent after the SB, Tomlin will be tested as well, 2/3rds of the killer Bs are gone, the remaining B could retire any year and is a diva himself. His game management has been horrendous, people talk about harbaughs game management but goddamn tomlin has been a disaster in that regard.

Tomlin is not a good coach

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Love Jimmy. That said wouldn't be surprised to see him gone because he's second highest cap on team, I think 1 year left and often injured. We are actually deep at the position too.
I’d love to keep them all together again this season, but agree Jimmy will be cut unless he agrees to a salary cap reduction, not a restructure.