• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It's a festivus miracle!!!! The crazy thing is, I actually thought they were going to win today anyway. Wasn't too shocked.

Saw a commercial when during walking dead. And KD is coming to NY. Bringing Kyrie with him. East going to run through us.
If Kawhi ends up with the Clippers, the only two threats you have are the Sixers and Pacers.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Is tyrell Williams one of them

Someone mentioned this to me. He's not a bad wr. Not exceptionally great. He's a solid addition, but would it really hurt to actually try to address the problem with real talent? Not just mediocre or run of the mill guys, but actually going out and trying to get someone still in their prime or close to it.

Just looked at upcoming FA and who's available next year.... yuck.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Someone mentioned this to me. He's not a bad wr. Not exceptionally great. He's a solid addition, but would it really hurt to actually try to address the problem with real talent? Not just mediocre or run of the mill guys, but actually going out and trying to get someone still in their prime or close to it.

There will be plenty of legit WR1 talent in next year's draft. Shapes up to be close to insane WR class.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Williams had over 1000 when he was the defacto number 1 received when Allen went down in 2016

A1A

Veteran
Um that's Rivers doing...if all he had was Perriman to throw to he too would have 1000 yards. We could wait till next year but odds are we'll be 8-8 at best and all the cream of the crop will be gone as per usual. This year it's pretty balanced and one of the top 3 WR's could be there when we pick. Idk why I keep reading it's a weak WR class cause it's really not. Harry, DK, Hoolywood, Brown, Harmon, Deebo etc all could be 1st rd. Picks. With Murray choosing football that may push another one down to us. IMO we should definitely go WR 1st round. Harry, Harmon, Brown, DK in that order. With Harmon being my choice.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s true that since he was the only option that the yards he got was partially due to that. That being said, he also should be easier to cover if it’s just Williams as the number one option and no one else. Williams is a good route runner with amazing abilities as a wr who could be a true number one receiver and is still developing.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Solid choice, and I wouldn’t be shocked if it was a prime time game

That would be a low probability methinks...

Opening week might look a little different this year - nfl is seriously considering bears-packers to open the season and then putting pats opener on Sunday night

Which would leave only 1 prime time game for all the other 14 games

Honestly I think the nfl wants to turn browns ravens into a week 17 thing like the way we always used to end against the bengals:

Steelers-bengals
Ravens-browns

Is probably a much more favourable configuration of afc north closers than any other combination and I’m not sure the nfl will want to bookend us with the browns

Maybe they will

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Aren't there 2 MNF games week 1?
Yes, one on the east coast and one on the west coast. However they will want a game that gives them the most viewers. Ravens Cleveland doesn’t do that. It will probably be Giant or Eagles vs the Cowboys

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
they didnt seem to worry about viewers for last year's monday night double-header tbh:

lions-jets and raiders-rams...

pretty low-octane
Well the Jets are from New York and the Raiders have a huge fan base in their own right, but you’re partially right.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
that first monday is probably an excuse to get some low-octane teams on prime time when it wont murder ratings because everyone's just excited to have football back and everyone's supposedly starting 0-0
Tbh it would be a good way to start up a rivalry between Lamar and Baker. Its gonna be a close game regardless

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tbh it would be a good way to start up a rivalry between Lamar and Baker. Its gonna be a close game regardless

it would be i feel like the nfl will want to allow that to build and not put pressure on it week 1 - if i were the nfl id have it happen a few weeks into the season and then week 17

id do the same with the jets and bills too with darnold and allen