• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I read somewhere online NO IDEA IF THERE WAS TRUTH TO IT that someone worked at KFC. Said they would see someone there either every day or every other day. They come to find out it was Suggs. This was back around the 09 season, but thought it was hilarious. Person went as far to apologize for getting him fat, too.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I read somewhere online NO IDEA IF THERE WAS TRUTH TO IT that someone worked at KFC. Said they would see someone there either every day or every other day. They come to find out it was Suggs. This was back around the 09 season, but thought it was hilarious. Person went as far to apologize for getting him fat, too.
Oh it’s embarrassing without a doubt. But with an NFL camp and just a minor calorie deficit he can likely put the pounds off by the time the regular season comes.

I’m not apologizing, I just think he’ll be ready for the regular season. It’s not like he needs to learn a new defense, new playbook, etc.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Oh it’s embarrassing without a doubt. But with an NFL camp and just a minor calorie deficit he can likely put the pounds off by the time the regular season comes.

I’m not apologizing, I just think he’ll be ready for the regular season. It’s not like he needs to learn a new defense, new playbook, etc.
Double standards all around - we all like Pierce but fuck him. If it was Williams, there'd be a riot on the carpark in Owings Mills right now, pitchforks and all...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Double standards all around - we all like Pierce but fuck him. If it was Williams, there'd be a riot on the carpark in Owings Mills right now, pitchforks and all...

Wouldn't care. Suggs did piss me off, though. Interior DL and OL don't bother me that much if they're carrying a little extra weight early.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It’d be just as embarrassing if it was Bwill. I said the same thing for fucking Terrance Cody and Courtney Upshaw, that’d they lose the weight, two players I hated for crying out loud. Nice of you to put words in my mouth

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I give Williams a lot of crap but at least he’s a good player, it’s just that the contract is awful and now he’s getting older. I hope we option him. Pierce is a lot less one dimensional and is a better run defender anyways. And three years younger. Of course I’d want to keep him over Williams

Reactions: cdp

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
So because Suggs was a first round pick and because hes a hall of fame player he’s excused for being a fatass in camp damn near every year before the last one. Yeah that’s a crap argument.

Pierce has been a really good player even as a UDFA since he’s gotten here. It’s embarrassing for sure but to say that he won’t be in shape come the regular season is a stupid ass concern if we work him like a dog in camp

Im not saying its a excuse but Suggs defintely had more leeway. He was clearly The Ravens best pass rusher during his younger days and The Ravens really didnt have any other pass rushers to threaten his job. Training Camp also was much longer during parts of Suggs career than it is now. Micheal Pierce is a good player and had his best year in 2018 but that doesnt change the fact that he is a udfa and part of a postion in which The Ravens seem to draft just about every year.

Im not making it out to be a major big deal but for him to show up in minicamp over weight knowing this is a contract year , knowing this year draft had a bunch of talent at the defensive line postion, and that it was a good chance The Ravens would be drafting one of these talented defensive linemen due to prior history doesnt make his decision a smart one.

He may be apart of The Ravens list of sucessful undrafted players but why work harded when you could work smarter.Brandon Williams making way more money than he is but yet he participated in ota's this year. Im not doubting him to still have a good year but this defintely wasnt a good move by him.

Last edited:
According to Schefter, Pierce weighed in at 425 lbs! He'll be fine for the season but it's disrespectful to your fellow pros to show up to work that out of shape imo. Hope he learns from it.

Edit: that weight comes from a reddit post with a quote attributed to Schefter but I can't find a source.

Edit again: Not real. My bad.

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
According to Schefter, Pierce weighed in at 425 lbs! He'll be fine for the season but it's disrespectful to your fellow pros to show up to work that out of shape imo. Hope he learns from it.

Edit: that weight comes from a reddit post with a quote attributed to Schefter but I can't find a source.
LOL. What? 425? He’s a sold 90 pounds overweight then. Jesus Christ.
Yeah, I don’t know how the fuck he’s going to lose all that. I recant my statement if true

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Send me the reddit page. Honestly 425 sounds fake. I’d believe 390. Schefter’s fake twitter accounts are notorious for getting people on twitter

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, if nothing else with Pierce out of the OTAs then Mack Truck and Willis get a chance to impress Wink and get more rotation time. As for Pierce he does have the benefit of being able to just focus on his body until the season. He already has decent technique and it's the same defense as last year. Just hit the gym a lot over the next couple months until the season starts. Though unless he balls out, this could have cost him a few million a year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So because Suggs was a first round pick and because hes a hall of fame player he’s excused for being a fatass in camp damn near every year before the last one. Yeah that’s a crap argument.

Pierce has been a really good player even as a UDFA since he’s gotten here. It’s embarrassing for sure but to say that he won’t be in shape come the regular season is a stupid ass concern if we work him like a dog in camp
not only should he not get a pass, but it's more important for him if he wants that contract. Lets also not forget he is more like a 2nd round pick this year with the 2nd round tender he received in the offseason.

A1A

Veteran
Wake up call for alot players watching this play out...either he gets it together or his "possible" contract will have a few stipulations.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
not only should he not get a pass, but it's more important for him if he wants that contract. Lets also not forget he is more like a 2nd round pick this year with the 2nd round tender he received in the offseason.
WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY HE SHOULD GET A PASS. I'm not even defending him. It's embarrassing, but it's a NONSTORY. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO. The coaches are going to work him like a dog in an effort to get the weight off. I'd be saying this shit for fucking Hurst too, and I don't think I hate anyone more on this team.

Jesus we need a shorter offseason.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY HE SHOULD GET A PASS. I'm not even defending him. It's embarrassing, but it's a NONSTORY. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO. The coaches are going to work him like a dog in an effort to get the weight off. I'd be saying this shit for fucking Hurst too, and I don't think I hate anyone more on this team.

Jesus we need a shorter offseason.
seriously, I never said that you said he should get a pass. I was agreeing with you.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well, if nothing else with Pierce out of the OTAs then Mack Truck and Willis get a chance to impress Wink and get more rotation time. As for Pierce he does have the benefit of being able to just focus on his body until the season. He already has decent technique and it's the same defense as last year. Just hit the gym a lot over the next couple months until the season starts. Though unless he balls out, this could have cost him a few million a year.

mack and willis may get chances to impress but i imagine this is willie henry's chance to stake a claim to 3 down work and more snaps in general next to B Will and Wormley

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's been a lot of piling on Pierce which I am a big part of. Upon reflection though, there is nothing to be gained from it. If Pierce is serious about his football and job security, he'll go do whatever to shed those pounds and get in playing shape. Otherwise he'll find himself in Harbs' doghouse or worse yet get released. He is too talented and too important for this defense but what else can one do? You can't implant motivation and desire in another man if he doesn't have it intrinsically.