• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes and we didn’t take shots with those, I’m guessing that’s largely because we had no playmakers to take shots with other than TEs(which we did target almost every time we passed on those 2nd and shorts) and because the playbook just didn’t allow for it.

Having Hollywood and Boykin seems like a recipe for lots of shots on 2nd and short, they’re both perfect for it, you got Andrews and Boykin in the slot, Hollywood isolated wide, hurst inline, and whatever RB, that’s a really good looking play action lineup tbh, Boykin and Andrews are the types who can absolutely eat up LBs who are keyed in on the run
in most of our 3x1 from last season, Crabtree was the 1. He was singled up with, for the most part no help over top. That won't happen with marquise. Oklahoma also ran him as the #3 on the 3 side with tons of success

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That is one of those games that you remember who was with you and where you were. That game was incredible; probably the greatest Ravens game to me.
I was hammered, at my boy diesels house, with a drunk animal named zack and a troll ass rams fan named Chris. After the Holliday TD, every time he fielded a punt or kick Chris was like “oh that’s 6”. When jacoby dropped that late 4th down pass that would’ve converted, zacks drunk ass ripped his authentic $300 ray rice jersey from the collar to between the numbers. When jacoby caught that pass I was standing behind the couch watching intensely and zacks drunk ass tackled me over the couch in celebration.

I struggled to put my drunk ass to sleep that night, I was way too wired from that.

Went back to the same house to watch the super bowl

Tank

Hall of Famer
That is one of those games that you remember who was with you and where you were. That game was incredible; probably the greatest Ravens game to me.

It was a great game. It was unfortunate though that the the league's #1 kick coverage unit allowed 2 TDs. Thinking it could have been a much different story line without those mistakes.

I was hammered, at my boy diesels house, with a drunk animal named zack and a troll ass rams fan named Chris. After the Holliday TD, every time he fielded a punt or kick Chris was like “oh that’s 6”. When jacoby dropped that late 4th down pass that would’ve converted, zacks drunk ass ripped his authentic $300 ray rice jersey from the collar to between the numbers. When jacoby caught that pass I was standing behind the couch watching intensely and zacks drunk ass tackled me over the couch in celebration.

I struggled to put my drunk ass to sleep that night, I was way too wired from that.

Went back to the same house to watch the super bowl

lol

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
good luck to chad alexander who's seemingly on his way to join Joe Douglas's new york jets staff
If I was DeCosta I'd block the Jets like Belichick blocked the Texans. Didn't we promote him after we moved Horitz to player personnel.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
2012 Ravens Broncos on NFLN tonight.
That's insane, I didn't know it was on the network but watched the highlights on my phone yesterday morning. I actually did shed a single tear of joy on the replay. It's crazy how something so distant can have such a connection to you personally.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
That's insane, I didn't know it was on the network but watched the highlights on my phone yesterday morning. I actually did shed a single tear of joy on the replay. It's crazy how something so distant can have such a connection to you personally.
The full game is on youtube, if you or anyone else missed the replay and wants to relive the memory.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If I was DeCosta I'd block the Jets like Belichick blocked the Texans. Didn't we promote him after we moved Horitz to player personnel.

we could but the organisational philosophy we have here is that its bad form to block a promotion elsewhere and in fact as an organisation we are supportive of guys progressing around the league - that's how guys like joe douglas etc. left in the first place

it would also be pretty poor form to block a move for a non-front facing scout when there's no chance of him moving upwards within our organisation given the logjam we have at the top

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Watching the replay. When that kick cleared I knew the trophy was ours.

And pretty sure all of the 12 playoff games are on youtube.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, the game was so much more than just that final bomb. Great 60 minute effort, especially considering they were playing at Mile High in the freezing temps. Well earned, and extremely emotional victory.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I went to my best friend's house who happens to be a Broncos fan. Once the Mile High Miracle, I knew right then that we were going to win.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching the replay. When that kick cleared I knew the trophy was ours.

And pretty sure all of the 12 playoff games are on youtube.
Yeah, it felt like there was absolutely nothing stopping us after that. That play was our hump. Peyton and Big Ben had been the 2 that really stomped the life out of us over the years, we got over the Ben hump the past 2 seasons, and we needed to get over the Peyton hump, once we got over that we knew it was all over, we knew Flacco was gonna outplay Brady again, and we knew there wasn’t a qb left that would outduel Flacco as hot as he was.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Really great to see the huge investment from the Baltimore Ravens in analytics today, apparently hiring three different analysts who had been posting work on Twitter, one of which is Sean Clement.

I remember that day for 2 reasons, my son jumped on me and accidentally elbowed him in the nose, it was also the day he switched from being a Packers to Ravens fan. As a Ravens fan I let him take the day off school to watch the Super Bowl.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really great to see the huge investment from the Baltimore Ravens in analytics today, apparently hiring three different analysts who had been posting work on Twitter, one of which is Sean Clement.
It's great to see people who I talked to on twitter about analytics getting ultimately hired by my favorite team.
If you want to check out their work here are their twitter handels: @sarah_malle, @yamiam9 and @SeanFromSeabeck