• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Double standards all around - we all like Pierce but fuck him. If it was Williams, there'd be a riot on the carpark in Owings Mills right now, pitchforks and all...
Yeah if it was B. Williams I would be out driving to Ownings Mills to be a part of the riot albeit in the very back. Man, he's a grossly overrated and overpaid Raven.

Nurps

MVP
There's been a lot of piling on Pierce which I am a big part of. Upon reflection though, there is nothing to be gained from it. If Pierce is serious about his football and job security, he'll go do whatever to shed those pounds and get in playing shape. Otherwise he'll find himself in Harbs' doghouse or worse yet get released. He is too talented and too important for this defense but what else can one do? You can't implant motivation and desire in another man if he doesn't have it intrinsically.

Well Stated.

There's been a lot of piling on Pierce which I am a big part of. Upon reflection though, there is nothing to be gained from it. If Pierce is serious about his football and job security, he'll go do whatever to shed those pounds and get in playing shape. Otherwise he'll find himself in Harbs' doghouse or worse yet get released. He is too talented and too important for this defense but what else can one do? You can't implant motivation and desire in another man if he doesn't have it intrinsically.

The man had a few too many pies in the off season, not like he murdered someone. Then again maybe he did and ate them.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pierce may be a fat fuck, but as long as he gets in shape for training camp and then balls out for the season then who cares. He gets a pass, for now (although I'm still gonna make fat jokes at his expense for the foreseeable future).

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pierce may be a fat fuck, but as long as he gets in shape for training camp and then balls out for the season then who cares. He gets a pass, for now (although I'm still gonna make fat jokes at his expense for the foreseeable future).
Oh believe me, if he works hard he'll be fucking the fat off his body. A lot of fucking but can be done.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Send me the reddit page. Honestly 425 sounds fake. I’d believe 390. Schefter’s fake twitter accounts are notorious for getting people on twitter
That was a photoshopped version of Pierce with boobs hanging down his belly like the Mike Myers fat guy character! I don't think he's 90 lbs overweight. He must be out of shape by 25-30 lbs but 90 lbs? I don't think so.

Tank

Hall of Famer
“.....lift more than run”? Looks like he lifted a lot of cheeseburgers and chicken legs and the only running he did was to go get more.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
“.....lift more than run”? Looks like he lifted a lot of cheeseburgers and chicken legs and the only running he did was to go get more.
It doesn't really matter whether you lift weights or do cardio, you have to be constantly in a caloric surplus otherwise you're not gaining muscle or fat.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Guys, Michael pierce was never a fit looking guy, he’s always been bulbous as fuck with massive arms and tree trunk legs. He doesn’t exactly look like some disgusting pig now, he looks like he’s just... gotten bigger, not sloppy. If he lifted a shit ton and didn’t do much running I wouldn’t be surprised.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
82 days until the season. The last TD in the old Cowboys stadium was an 82 yard run by Leron McClain as the Ravens won the last game in that stadium.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Catching the end of Ray Lewis' football life episode. That loss to The Patriots has to rank among the greatest Ravens games ever. What a game!

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Yo... You are going HARD at this man. I'm mostly coming back to this thread just for your commentary. Keep it coming. lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I really hope we dont go back to run, run pass.. which leads to run, run, pass, punt
It depends on what run, run, pass Roman calls. I don't mind seeing two runs if one was, say, a jet sweep and the other was, say, a stretch to the outside right or some shit. As long as the run and pass plays are different, then I'm good.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and we had a lot of 2nd and shorts last season in the final 7 games of the season.
Yes and we didn’t take shots with those, I’m guessing that’s largely because we had no playmakers to take shots with other than TEs(which we did target almost every time we passed on those 2nd and shorts) and because the playbook just didn’t allow for it.

Having Hollywood and Boykin seems like a recipe for lots of shots on 2nd and short, they’re both perfect for it, you got Andrews and Boykin in the slot, Hollywood isolated wide, hurst inline, and whatever RB, that’s a really good looking play action lineup tbh, Boykin and Andrews are the types who can absolutely eat up LBs who are keyed in on the run