• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So I decided to go back and watch highlights of our super bowl run with joe.
You know what hasn’t happened the past couple of years that I noticed happened A LOT back then... WE DIDN’T THROW DEEP. Not that often. We did the first time vs. Pittsburgh. If you need further proof that Marty and Trestman were incompetent overall that’s it.. You take a QB who was really good at throwing it deep, Kubiak, Caldwell, and Cam fucking Cameron knew that. The deep ball set up the damn passing game and we never went for it from 2015-2018. Even the flacco haters had to admit that we had a QB with a cannon for an arm. That’s what set up the rest of the passing attack.

Roman, who does average a lot of air yards should’ve been OC last year. Not that it wouldn’t of mattered, we wouldn’t have been able to run the ball with Skura and Hurst, but jesus. That’s an integral part of the game. It’s like if you took away Peyton Manning’s ability to audible the play. He’d be worse too. I would’ve loved to see Flacco with this current cast of weapons. But nope.

I’m glad we got the fourth round pick, but if Roman is a bomb I want Harbaugh gone too.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
@cobrajet and @Nurps

I too, think it was the greatest Ravens game I've seen. Outside of the fact that it was a double overtime game, the game felt exceptionally long and epic in feel. I love the point in the video where the girl says, " That's how we do it Baltimore, we never give up" ....

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was hammered, at my boy diesels house, with a drunk animal named zack and a troll ass rams fan named Chris. After the Holliday TD, every time he fielded a punt or kick Chris was like “oh that’s 6”. When jacoby dropped that late 4th down pass that would’ve converted, zacks drunk ass ripped his authentic $300 ray rice jersey from the collar to between the numbers. When jacoby caught that pass I was standing behind the couch watching intensely and zacks drunk ass tackled me over the couch in celebration.

I struggled to put my drunk ass to sleep that night, I was way too wired from that.

Went back to the same house to watch the super bowl
That's exactly the stuff! I was with the same two guys at my house to watch The Super Bowl. After the Denver win, we went outside for about an hour and threw the football in my barn. Just the overall sense of euphoria and being wired with joy.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
“.....lift more than run”? Looks like he lifted a lot of cheeseburgers and chicken legs and the only running he did was to go get more.
LMFAO tank you’re killing me with these. I just laughed out loud at work

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's exactly the stuff! I was with the same two guys at my house to watch The Super Bowl. After the Denver win, we went outside for about an hour and threw the football in my barn. Just the overall sense of euphoria and being wired with joy.
you have a barn!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Orioles may have to play the Rays in Tampa Bay and Montreal. MLB has given them permission to become a two city team. Though the Mayor of Tampa is having none of it.

Under the plan, the Rays would play in new stadiums in both the Tampa Bay area and Montreal, according to sources. The ability to play games early in the season in Florida would preclude the need for a domed stadium, cutting the cost of a new building.

Ryan Bass
✔@Ry_Bass

St. Pete mayor Rick @Kriseman: "They (the Rays) do not have the right to explore a shared season prior to 2028. If that's the direction they start to go, we'll have to have those discussions between our legal teams."

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2019/6/20/18693102/tampa-bay-rays-montreal-stadium-mlb

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think a 2 city team is stupid

Their lease isn't up in Tampa until 2027 so I'm not sure why they are in a hurry to play anywhere else. I know the city proposed a new stadium but the Rays didn't contribute enough so it was scrapped. I can see them relocating somewhere at some point, Portland is building a MLB stadium and wants a team. Maybe Charlotte?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Their lease isn't up in Tampa until 2027 so I'm not sure why they are in a hurry to play anywhere else. I know the city proposed a new stadium but the Rays didn't contribute enough so it was scrapped. I can see them relocating somewhere at some point, Portland is building a MLB stadium and wants a team. Maybe Charlotte?
It does seem like they're trying to get out if they want to try being a 2 city team.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I live in St. Pete. Please take the Rays. I'm not a big baseball fan anyway but it seems no one wants them here to begin with. Also, having grown up with Camden Yards, our dome here is pathetic...….

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching Lamar college highlights, and it makes me wish we would update our uniforms. I really like what Louisville did with some of their uniforms, specifically the red chrome finished helmet with the white cardinal, doing that with purple and black and a jumbo ravens logo would make for the best looking helmet in the league, and the black unis with red numbering and a thin white outline... again that would look incredible with black and purple.

I like our unis but I’ve wanted new ones for a long time, and I think Louisville’s alternates would be a great start to inspire some modern ravens unis, they really have some nice looking ones

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching Lamar college highlights, and it makes me wish we would update our uniforms. I really like what Louisville did with some of their uniforms, specifically the red chrome finished helmet with the white cardinal, doing that with purple and black and a jumbo ravens logo would make for the best looking helmet in the league, and the black unis with red numbering and a thin white outline... again that would look incredible with black and purple.

I like our unis but I’ve wanted new ones for a long time, and I think Louisville’s alternates would be a great start to inspire some modern ravens unis, they really have some nice looking ones

Yeah, we definitely need something new; love our unis, but they could use an update. I actually wouldn't even mind if we made the color rush jersey our primary home jersey because I'm a big fan of the gold numbering.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah, we definitely need something new; love our unis, but they could use an update. I actually wouldn't even mind if we made the color rush jersey our primary home jersey because I'm a big fan of the gold numbering.
I like color rush for once a year, just like I like the blackout for once a year, both are a little too unitardy for my taste but they do well for an occasion. One thing I’ll say though is I absolutely despise using those alternates at regular ass 1:00 games, should be saved for prime time or 4:25 late season games.

I would like a complete overhaul rather than a re-arranging. Something darker, sleeker, more modern but not obnoxious, and definitely new numerals. Someone could be my favorite player but if they’re wearing a certain number I won’t buy it because I don’t like the look of the numbers. Anything with a 3 in it I don’t want, any combination of the rounded numerals(so like pittas 88 or Torrey’s 82 or Andrews 89), I had a Flacco jersey but never wore it because I thought the single 5 was ugly as fuck, but 5 paired looks fine(so, 57 for example) Some of the ravens numerals look great, but many don’t and I literally won’t buy a ravens jersey if I don’t like the look of the numerals, probably couldn’t say that about any other teams uniform lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like color rush for once a year, just like I like the blackout for once a year, both are a little too unitardy for my taste but they do well for an occasion. One thing I’ll say though is I absolutely despise using those alternates at regular ass 1:00 games, should be saved for prime time or 4:25 late season games.

I would like a complete overhaul rather than a re-arranging. Something darker, sleeker, more modern but not obnoxious, and definitely new numerals. Someone could be my favorite player but if they’re wearing a certain number I won’t buy it because I don’t like the look of the numbers. Anything with a 3 in it I don’t want, any combination of the rounded numerals(so like pittas 88 or Torrey’s 82 or Andrews 89), I had a Flacco jersey but never wore it because I thought the single 5 was ugly as fuck, but 5 paired looks fine(so, 57 for example) Some of the ravens numerals look great, but many don’t and I literally won’t buy a ravens jersey if I don’t like the look of the numerals, probably couldn’t say that about any other teams uniform lol
lmfao. I don't care the number, just want to like the player...

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Some of the numbers look better than others, but I've never once looked at one of the jerseys and been like, "Nah, I won't get the jersey because the numbers look trash." lol

I actually haven't even bought a legit jersey in a long time though (I have a bunch of knock-off jerseys made in China that I'll probably throw out at some point lol). I came really close to buying a Mosley color rush jersey last year, but thankfully I changed my mind. Think I might finally get a Tucker jersey this year and maybe Humph.