• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Anybody else ever go back and just watch the last 4 plays of week 17 against the Browns?

So glad we got Nance and Romo for that game. A few gems to jog the memory:

“Baker better get this ball out quick because I’m tellin’ ya they’re coming after ya.”

“It’s just so hard to go late in games against this defense without something incredible happening.”

“This number one defense, in the league, put the team on its back.”

“HEARTS ARE BROKEN IN PITTSBURGH!”

God what a great high note to an improbable run.

Even though I know we win but watching it again, I lose complete track of the fact it happened already but I watch it as if it's live. When we almost get the interception on third down, I start panicking. Then Mosley intercepts the ball and I am filled with excitement.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anybody else ever go back and just watch the last 4 plays of week 17 against the Browns?

So glad we got Nance and Romo for that game. A few gems to jog the memory:

“Baker better get this ball out quick because I’m tellin’ ya they’re coming after ya.”

“It’s just so hard to go late in games against this defense without something incredible happening.”

“This number one defense, in the league, put the team on its back.”

“HEARTS ARE BROKEN IN PITTSBURGH!”

God what a great high note to an improbable run.
Romo is straight up the greatest commentator I’ve ever heard

purp

Practice Squad
Even though I know we win but watching it again, I lose complete track of the fact it happened already but I watch it as if it's live. When we almost get the interception on third down, I start panicking. Then Mosley intercepts the ball and I am filled with excitement.

I know what you mean. Jimmy got bailed out by a bad throw to Juice on second down. You can say the pressure got to Baker and he choked (which he did) but Drew Brees, Mahomes, and Tom Brady all make that throw.

That series also leaves you in awe of Anthony Levine. Dude locked in and erased Njoku on first and third down. Huge plays.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Romo and Nantz are the only commentators that make me want to watch a game even if it's a game that I don't care about. The game could be a blowout and they would still be having a great time and making things interesting.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Romo and Nantz are the only commentators that make me want to watch a game even if it's a game that I don't care about. The game could be a blowout and they would still be having a great time and making things interesting.

Just like our blowout of Miami on TNF and Romo started analyzing the kitten that ran on the field lol. Classic. By the way, how is that kitten now a days?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's stupid, trying to be funny by presenting false stereotype.
How many times has Ozzie picked second-string ILB from Alabama? Exactly zero times.

Think it's more to make fun of Ozzie selecting Alabama players (which he also didn't do as much as some people think). Think my favorite part of that article is the Harbaugh picture though.

kfgwcn7hbxxly62uqyrq.jpg

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The miserable prick the Browns have as QB was at it again saying it blew his mind that the Giants took Daniel Jones in a GQ interview. He is clearly the most arrogant tool in the NFL and then I saw this clip on youtube which tells me he is full of hot air and is just a friggin' coward who runs away when confronted with problems! Just watch how he screams like a fucking girl and tries to run away from the cops...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The miserable [profanity deleted] the Browns have as QB was at it again saying it blew his mind that the Giants took Daniel Jones in a GQ interview. He is clearly the most arrogant tool in the NFL and then I saw this clip on youtube which tells me he is full of hot air and is just a friggin' coward who runs away when confronted with problems! Just watch how he screams like a fucking girl and tries to run away from the cops...

Speaking of Daniel Jones..... Giants need to start him in week one. The Giants actually have an offense when he's on the field.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The miserable [profanity deleted] the Browns have as QB was at it again saying it blew his mind that the Giants took Daniel Jones in a GQ interview. He is clearly the most arrogant tool in the NFL and then I saw this clip on youtube which tells me he is full of hot air and is just a friggin' coward who runs away when confronted with problems! Just watch how he screams like a fucking girl and tries to run away from the cops...

I actually don't blame Baker for that........because my mind was blown too when the Giants drafted him lol. So far he's looking solid, but it's just preseason. The funny part is, other from the fact that he's on the Browns (so I have to hate him naturally), I got nothing against him. He'd be one of my favorite players in the league if he wasn't in our division.

purp

Practice Squad
Never talk about another man’s job. The farthest you can go is what Suggs did last year when asked to comment on Nathan Peterman:

“What do you think of Bills starter Nathan Peterman?”
“I think they think he’s good enough to be their starting QB.”

Mayfield is going to get his head taken off. Yes he’s fun to watch but it’s also fun to watch some light a bottle rocket a try to fire it from their teeth. Doesn’t make it a good idea.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I think people are overreacting to the Mayfield thing. EVERYONE said it was a dumb move, first off. Second, it seems it was just a live reaction to the draft at the time and he has said it was taken out of context.

For the most part, everyone on this board is criticizing another mans job/pay. Let's not open this up.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I thought the giants taking jones there was absurd, mostly because they definitely could’ve gotten him at 17 and I definitely think Haskins is better, but...

I really thought the hate for Daniel Jones was massively overblown. I liked his arm and his pocket presence and his mechanics. he’s got that occasional duck throwing arm, but he’s able to make all the nfl throws at a reasonable rate, and his touch can be pretty exceptional looking at times. I wanna say he’s a bit like a more athletic chad Pennington

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Apparently Darren waller was a junkie when he was with us. Too bad cause I wanted him to pan out at TE. Wish him the best in Oakland.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still miss the teaming of Nantz and Simms.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Weddle got away with an absolute hold on a receiver out of the backfield on third down. It was a desperation grab, knowing there was nothing behind him and the refs missed it....thankfully.