• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Weddle got away with an absolute hold on a receiver out of the backfield on third down. It was a desperation grab, knowing there was nothing behind him and the refs missed it....thankfully.
Yeah I spotted that at the time.

I wonder if the refs were just letting them play and trying not to alter the game for an inconsequential thing, because baker never even looked that way and threw the ball within one second to the same guy he had been eyeing down since the snap

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This Darren Waller hype train is incredible. Feel like I’m in bizarro world.

I've heard hes having a good camp. Wanted to see more him when he was here. A couple of the Raiders player, when asked, said hes one of the under the radar guys they think will have a good season.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually don't blame Baker for that........because my mind was blown too when the Giants drafted him lol. So far he's looking solid, but it's just preseason. The funny part is, other from the fact that he's on the Browns (so I have to hate him naturally), I got nothing against him. He'd be one of my favorite players in the league if he wasn't in our division.
Do you realize that Pat Mahomes went 13-18 or something like that in college? This guy is a prick period.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still miss the teaming of Nantz and Simms.

That used to be a good team before Simms started going off the deep end lol

I've always like Nantz though; he's always been a solid commentator in whatever he does. Plus, let us not forget that Nantz gave Hollywood his nickname!

EDIT: Gus Johnson actually gave Hollywood his nickname. Nantz is still cool though lol

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I actually don't blame Baker for that........because my mind was blown too when the Giants drafted him lol. So far he's looking solid, but it's just preseason. The funny part is, other from the fact that he's on the Browns (so I have to hate him naturally), I got nothing against him. He'd be one of my favorite players in the league if he wasn't in our division.
Baker is the man. I remember at a point everyone had darnold and rosen as the #1 qb. Shit blew my mind.i like baker though dude a baller and i love how he called out collin.. tbh i think more athletes should do the same when these fake experts slander their name

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Baker is the man. I remember at a point everyone had darnold and rosen as the #1 qb. Shit blew my mind.i like baker though dude a baller and i love how he called out collin.. tbh i think more athletes should do the same when these fake experts slander their name
I don't know man. I guess I'm just old fashioned and still consider humility, kindness and decency goodt human traits.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That used to be a good team before Simms started going off the deep end lol

I've always like Nantz though; he's always been a solid commentator in whatever he does. Plus, let us not forget that Nantz gave Hollywood his nickname!
Pretty sure that was Gus Johnson but I could be wrong

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Said he was abusing opioids when he was playing for us and has been clean for 2 years I think. Was on Hard Knocks.
That makes me really goddamn mad tbh. All those years we wasted on him and he goes and stops popping pills when he goes to elsewhere. Fuck him

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know man. I guess I'm just old fashioned and still consider humility, kindness and decency goodt human traits.
We might be old fashioned but it depends solely on things such as the weird elevation of words like,"swag"( I hate this expression and promise never to use it anywhere ever again). Being haughty is seen as a virtue . Andd looking down your chin while seeing yourself as superior is rewarded by our culture.
Not many take note of someone that accepts the gift they've been given with gratitude. ....A bit twisted to me

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I agree but colin and those guys be disrepcting players character. I hate that shit. You can call a person trash or whatever and talk about his game but dont attack a man character, especially when you have no idea what youre talking about. Then they make up lies from all these fake sources just to make headlines. That type of stuff causes problems.