• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

So I just watched mason Rudolph’s highlights/lowlights vs Seattle and man... what the HELL are these Steelers fans in the comments seeing lmao. He was throwing more checkdowns than joe Flacco, seemed like at least 75% of his completions were for less than 3 yards and nowhere near a first down, one TD was a 0 yard completion on a short drop where McDonald ran across and literally sat uncovered about 4 yards in front of him and then he turned and ran 9 yards for a TD, and then he followed up with a horrible pick on the 2 pt try. the other TD was a solid goal line pass above the defenders head to McDonald. He threw a sideline comeback that was about 3 whole yards in from the sideline, he slammed a couple of screens in the dirt.

Man, he looked BAD, but he didn’t make terrible mistakes so I guess there’s that... these dudes are literally saying that Rudolph is the next Brady and Ben is drew bledsoe. This is madness
Those Chris Carson fumbles kept the Steelers in the game otherwise it would’ve been at least a 11 point loss

66B48E0F-0586-49D6-884E-80D00F0D210E.png

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Get it done Eric

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t care about homeboy’s character. He was apart of an awful organization with a shitty locker room. We have vets here that won’t put up with drama. He’s played like a Raven since he’s entered the league, and he has the swagger of a Raven. Him across Marlon would be absolutely terrifying. Our secondary sans Young and Jimmy is suspect. We have a QB on a rookie contract and we need to take advantage of it. This would be a dream come true for myself personally.

I would feel a lot better playing teams like the Chiefs, Pats, Browns and Rams if we landed Ramsey.

It makes sense to make this kinda move with Jimmy hurt and him being on his last year of his contract with us.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jimmy's constant injuries have really taken away an otherwise extremely bright career away from him.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The scary thing with Ramsey is paying him 17m per year AND Humphrey that soon AND Stanley 17m AND close to it Judon AND Pierce around 14.

Then go find a FA C and draft a new line. That is lot of money to spend

We need to have a real discussion about what Stanley is worth because its not 17M, hes closer to league average at the position than elite

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We need to have a real discussion about what Stanley is worth because its not 17M, hes closer to league average at the position than elite
As we’ve learned, it doesn’t matter. It’s when, not who you’re signing.

And of all the players we have coming up on deals, Judon, pierce, peanut, Stanley, I’d pay Stanley before any of them. You keep a cornerstone LT and that’s what he is. Stanley has played through injuries and still been a very quality LT. You have Trent Williams, Tyron Smith, terron armstead, Taylor lewan, and off the top of my head I can not think of any LT outside of those names I’d take over Stanley, MAYBE Villanueva but I think he’s pretty overrated and the Steelers loaded offense has made his job easier. Stanley is one of the most refined LTs in the league and is a supreme athlete, he gets out into space and blocks the second level and well downfield as well as anyone, his positional and zone blocking is some of the best you’ll find, he’s great on pulls, elite athleticism with a great pass set, low hips to anchor, and tree branch arms forcing a hell of an arc for rushers to get around.

Frankly, if Stanley played at 100% his whole career, you’d be hard pressed to sign a better LT, and even with him playing at 80% he’s been pretty damn excellent. Letting him walk, and idc WHAT the price tag is, would be a gigantic mistake for a team where he’s one of 2 quality OL and a third who may or may not be passable on a given week. This team is doing something special and may see big things over the next 4 or 5 years, you need a LT for that to play out. TL;DR if we let Stanley walk we’ve fucked over the most exciting core this franchise has ever assembled before it gets a chance to reach its potential

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am pretty jealous of New England being in the AFC East. With them playing in that division, the could actually rest starters against the Jets and Dolphins. They should be a playoff lock and probably rest all starters for the playoffs in week 16. It is not the Patriots fault they are in this division, but I do envy them.