• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

A1A

Veteran

I remember venting on here about us firing our coach etc...and how it will be more difficult if we waited to do it this season with all the other firings..a lot of yall said none if any coaches will be fired. Well there goes the first...Tomlin will be next followed by the jags... and possibly the panthers. Broncos too..and IF the cowboys finish with a losing season they will follow suit.

A1A

Veteran
Eric Bieniemy will be a head coach next year I guarantee it. Dude has the players respect in the league and has been there so he also relates. Under the tutelage of Reid and is the voice in the baddest QB's ear. Now will everyone see what I was seeing last year? This could have been his building year with us and a real SB run in 2020. Now idk if we even get this guy. Harbs till we draft Lawrence!!! Smh

A1A

Veteran
Btw speaking of Harbs good to see he still doesnt know how to challenge plays. Lol let an obvious one go then challenges the next that wasnt winnable lol dude cmon man

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Btw speaking of Harbs good to see he still doesnt know how to challenge plays. Lol let an obvious one go then challenges the next that wasnt winnable lol dude cmon man

He couldn't challenge the turnover because it was automatically reviewed meaning NY didn't think it was PI.

Also he should have won both challenges and it kind of highlighted how awful officiating was.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
He couldn't challenge the turnover because it was automatically reviewed meaning NY didn't think it was PI.

Also he should have won both challenges and it kind of highlighted how awful officiating was.
I think he definitely got robbed on the challenge of a completed pass for sure. Idk what the officials saw there.

I remember venting on here about us firing our coach etc...and how it will be more difficult if we waited to do it this season with all the other firings..a lot of yall said none if any coaches will be fired. Well there goes the first...Tomlin will be next followed by the jags... and possibly the panthers. Broncos too..and IF the cowboys finish with a losing season they will follow suit.

Yeah I don’t know about Garrett. He’s had some talent on that team over the years he’s been there. I think he must have some Bad intel on Jones, or something. But we’ll see.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Steelers have only fired two coaches in their existence. I highly doubt they fire Tomlin in the middle of the season especially since the aren't playing with Big Ben. Not sure how long Rudolph will be out, but he looked like a rag doll falling to the ground yesterday. Hope he's ok.

Last edited:
The Steelers have had two coaches in their existence. I highly doubt they fire Tomlin in the middle of the season especially since the aren't playing with Big Ben. Not sure how long Rudolph will be out, but he looked like a rag doll falling to the ground yesterday. Hope he's ok.

Actually they’ve had 3 head coaches. Knolls, cowher, and Tomlin. But I agree Tomlin isn’t going anywhere either.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Kahn is driving up Ramsey’s price. He knows there’s no way Jalen wants to sign an extension in Jax. Trade him now and get what you can for him. Even if this is a lost season for us, acquiring Ramsey to pair up with Marlon is a pretty damn good start to build a defense around in the offseason. I’d also look really hard at A.J. Green in free agency.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
ESPN put together a trade scenario for us where we trade a 2020 1st, a 2020 4th and a 2022 1st for Jalen and a 2022 4th. I’d make that in a heart beat.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jags TE done for season. Maybe Hurst looks more enticing to them now.

Fast Eddie

Practice Squad
Jags TE done for season. Maybe Hurst looks more enticing to them now.
This is probably exactly what you would want to hear..I'm starting to shy away from this idea though. I would pay Marlon over Jalen. We really need a pass rusher.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Absolutely not. I'm not that desperate if I'm DeCosta.
Ramsey and Marlon would result in a lot of coverage sacks though and we can draft straight defense in the offseason or pick up a stud pass rusher

D1City55

Pro Bowler
They’re not going to fix lack of coverage in the middle of the field or flats where our LBs have been getting killed at.