• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Marcus Peters to wear number 30
EHGTkbqXkAA25iv

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-18_7-4-30.png
    upload_2019-10-18_7-4-30.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 156

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like I said, andrews should’ve rested with Hollywood. Let hurst take his targets, feed Boykin some with Hollywood out, let them make plays and prove themselves.

I mean, Andrews still had a great game against the Bengals, minus the fumble, so I don't think he necessarily needed the rest. I just don't understand why Hurst isn't getting more involved in the gameplan when he's shown that he can be a receiving threat out there. Obviously, Hurst still has a ton of value as a blocker on the offense, but if that's the way we're going to use him 90% of the time then we might as well try to trade him somewhere for a pass rusher.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean, Andrews still had a great game against the Bengals, minus the fumble, so I don't think he necessarily needed the rest. I just don't understand why Hurst isn't getting more involved in the gameplan when he's shown that he can be a receiving threat out there. Obviously, Hurst still has a ton of value as a blocker on the offense, but if that's the way we're going to use him 90% of the time then we might as well try to trade him somewhere for a pass rusher.

The problem is, with how he has been used, what value has he exactly shown he has that a team would part with a decent pass rusher for him?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley

·
2h

Ravens CB Jimmy Smith (knee) didn't rule himself out for Sunday's game at Seahawks. Smith said he'll go out for pre-game warmups and see how he feels. But Ravens could play it safe and hold him out, which gives him another 2 weeks (incl. next week's bye) to be ready for Patriots.

I hope he stays out this week. It would be the smart move.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The problem is, with how he has been used, what value has he exactly shown he has that a team would part with a decent pass rusher for him?

He's shown to be a good blocker and he's shown to have great hands when he does actually get targeted. I think that's more than enough for some teams to be intrigued at what he could do in their system.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's shown to be a good blocker and he's shown to have great hands when he does actually get targeted. I think that's more than enough for some teams to be intrigued at what he could do in their system.

If I am a GM I am not trading someone who is something for someone who could be something unless its something like a one-year rental player ala what the Rams did just now (which was just a really dumb trade by them).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was saying that if andrews was sitting then that would force us to use hurst more because obviously we won’t do it by choice. When hurst has been called upon this year all he’s done is respond well.

And that’s coming from someone who wasn’t feeling good about hurst this year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We could have done with the bye week being this week. Oh well.

If we get yannick from the Jags and can remain hea;thy enough ( im worried about hollywood at this point), we're really pretty sorted on all levels. This peters trade is huge. To have two ball hawks is a real luxury.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We could have done with the bye week being this week. Oh well.

If we get yannick from the Jags and can remain hea;thy enough ( im worried about hollywood at this point), we're really pretty sorted on all levels. This peters trade is huge. To have two ball hawks is a real luxury.

i agree about the bye week - if it had been this week we might have had jimmy back, hollywood and peanut and andrews might be fully healthy etc. etc. before the next game - as it is we'll have to do as well as we can against the seahawks and then use the bye to replenish and prepare for the patriots