• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
How much drop off do you guys think we are going to see with Ferguson, now that McPhee will not be in? Injuries to starters are never good and McPhee was playing pretty well, however I was thinking that it may be be a good thing he is going to have a half a season to get game experience being the starter before playoff time to learn from any mistakes and find out what works best for him, unless we trade for a pass rusher.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
How much drop off do you guys think we are going to see with Ferguson, now that McPhee will not be in? Injuries to starters are never good and McPhee was playing pretty well, however I was thinking that it may be be a good thing he is going to have a half a season to get game experience being the starter before playoff time to learn from any mistakes and find out what works best for him, unless we trade for a pass rusher.
We may see more heavy DLs to compensate with less edge setters and more defensive backs on the field. That’s my guess unless we get some edge dudes really quick

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-23_10-8-47.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They mentioned on 105.7 today (the 2pm show which is far more reputable than vinnys show) that mark andrews head got rocked on that big completion, and he hopped up immediately and asked to be taken out of the game, which unknowingly avoided concussion protocol and he may have been very shaken for the rest of the game.

All speculation, but something to consider

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
They mentioned on 105.7 today (the 2pm show which is far more reputable than vinnys show) that mark andrews head got rocked on that big completion, and he hopped up immediately and asked to be taken out of the game, which unknowingly avoided concussion protocol and he may have been very shaken for the rest of the game.

actually now that you mention it, I do recall that gesture after he made that great catch. Makes total sense.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I saw that in the game, that's why I said Andrews done, remember?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Not sure why that would have avoided protocol - if it did then protocol needs changing

And if we knew as a team that doing that avoided protocol then we should have put him through it anyway because if this is true and he did have concussion then it could have 1) cost us the game with those drops etc. 2) cost us a player with a severe concussion rather than the normal mild concussion

It’s not joke

It seems like an easy answer but I just don’t think in the current climate you can get away with stuff like this - maybe I’m being naive

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm calling out justice hill for being crap.

Because of our great situation in the running game this has gone unoticed but my views on him during draft ( see it, i said i didn't see ''it'' in him)
have been proven correct so far. Just not impactful, lacks vision, doesn't break tackles

BRING BACK DIXON IF HE"S HEALTHY!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not sure why that would have avoided protocol - if it did then protocol needs changing

And if we knew as a team that doing that avoided protocol then we should have put him through it anyway because if this is true and he did have concussion then it could have 1) cost us the game with those drops etc. 2) cost us a player with a severe concussion rather than the normal mild concussion

It’s not joke

It seems like an easy answer but I just don’t think in the current climate you can get away with stuff like this - maybe I’m being naive
I’m saying andrews May have been trying to tough it out and not even letting the staff know what may have happened.