• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I disagree as to whether the decision was right or wrong. How many times did we go for it on 4th down when we were on our side of the 50 yard line during the regular season? There was no need to panic and try to gain momentum in that situation IMO. We were only down by 7 with 3 full quarters left to play. Why risk giving them a short field and at least 3 more points? Turns out they got 7 and we were down by 14. We have one of the best punters in football. Let him give them a long field to work with and give our defense a chance to stop them.
Lol, we can go back and forth on this until next year divisional game. At The Bank.

Popularity contest. It’s a lot easier to win accolades when you’re on a 14-2 team that went on a 12 game win streak, and when you have the most popular player in the league on your team.

we had joe Flacco, one of the worst offenses in the league, and went 8-8 that year, the accolades are harder to come by.

take a look back at what jimmy did in 2013, look at his opposition and what he did to them.

We also got to the divisional playoffs in 2014 and he didnt get in. Now this is just my opinion but I always saw Jimmy as hall of very good but never on the level of Revis, Sherman, Peterson, those type of guys.

Heres a question for everyone: Who was the better corner, prime Cmac or Jimmy?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We also got to the divisional playoffs in 2014 and he didnt get in. Now this is just my opinion but I always saw Jimmy as hall of very good but never on the level of Revis, Sherman, Peterson, those type of guys.

Probably CMac because he was something else. It’s a shame what happened to him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Jimmy was on the same dominant stretch and got hurt around midseason in 2014 against the bengals.

he was finally getting the recognition he deserved until that injury happened, and he struggled to recover in 2015. His injury is quite possibly the sole reason we lost to the patriots in that div round.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So after taking a few days off I'm not really so upset anymore. We talked and talked and talked about the only way we lose to the Titans is if we beat ourselves. And we did. A ton of things went wrong and I guess the obvious places to place blame are on coaching and rust. While we'll never truly know the answer on rust, we can to some small extent talk about coaching. I personally don't think rust was too much of an issue. I think that Andrews and Ingram being hurt put the pressure on our other guys and the Titans played a good game. The guys around Lamar kinda let him down and forced him to be superman and as much as he tried it wasn't enough. I think if we played them again you would have seen a very different outcome. And that is why I'm sad but not mad. Additionally, I think EDC will really improve the team this off-season and we're here to stay!

What I am upset about is some of the coaching decisions. I honestly was all for the first 4th and 1,we'd been doing it all year. I was however, not for the second one. Had we kicked the fg then we were 1 defensive stop and a score away from the lead. I feel like the complexion of the game really could have changed. But honestly, still not where my disappointment comes from. It really stems from the lack of trust of Gus Edwards. Had they just kept the course like in Pitt, I really think the game would have been different. Thank God Hollywood showed up but this team was built on run. Really really really dumbfounded by giving up on it. I'm not sure why Harbs didn't say something to GRo. I'd understand not saying anything if it was a regular season game but in the playoffs, you gotta do your job man.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So after taking a few days off I'm not really so upset anymore. We talked and talked and talked about the only way we lose to the Titans is if we beat ourselves. And we did. A ton of things went wrong and I guess the obvious places to place blame are on coaching and rust. While we'll never truly know the answer on rust, we can to some small extent talk about coaching. I personally don't think rust was too much of an issue. I think that Andrews and Ingram being hurt put the pressure on our other guys and the Titans played a good game. The guys around Lamar kinda let him down and forced him to be superman and as much as he tried it wasn't enough. I think if we played them again you would have seen a very different outcome. And that is why I'm sad but not mad. Additionally, I think EDC will really improve the team this off-season and we're here to stay!

What I am upset about is some of the coaching decisions. I honestly was all for the first 4th and 1,we'd been doing it all year. I was however, not for the second one. Had we kicked the fg then we were 1 defensive stop and a score away from the lead. I feel like the complexion of the game really could have changed. But honestly, still not where my disappointment comes from. It really stems from the lack of trust of Gus Edwards. Had they just kept the course like in Pitt, I really think the game would have been different. Thank God Hollywood showed up but this team was built on run. Really really really dumbfounded by giving up on it. I'm not sure why Harbs didn't say something to GRo. I'd understand not saying anything if it was a regular season game but in the playoffs, you gotta do your job man.
when i first looked at the amount of carries gus had 3 / 20 yards i was thinking, wth. However that's also a decision that Lamar makes at the mesh point and it's hard to argue with his decisions for the most part. he had over 6 yards per carry and I43 on the night.

Agree with everything else you said although i wanted them time go for the 4th down later on the 3rd also but can see how kicking would have been beneficial also

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like we could potentially lose our WR Coach Bobby Engram. The Eagles fired their WR coach and are looking at Engram and current Jets WR Coach Hines Ward as potential replacements.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks like we could potentially lose our WR Coach Bobby Engram. The Eagles fired their WR coach and are looking at Engram and current Jets WR Coach Hines Ward as potential replacements.
Isn’t Engram in charge of our TE? He used to do WR but I could’ve sworn that job went to Culley.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Isn’t Engram in charge of our TE? He used to do WR but I could’ve sworn that job went to Culley.
You're right Engram used to be our WR coach before he changed to TEs this season. Culley is now in charge of the WRs and the passing game.

I just read about Tannehill never throwing out routes in play action, both Carr and Humphrey bit on out and up routes for scores. Carr especially bit on 3rd and goal, he should have kept Junno underneath him to force a FG.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Art Model passed over for probably his last chance at the HOF. Was surprised that Ales Karras wasn't already in there. Maybe Mongo made him more famous as an actor... ^_^ But I was surprised Art didn't make it this time, but Paul "Go Build Yourselves a Museum" Tagliubue did. The's appalling.