• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think if they made it a 4th and 20 then it would be pretty reasonable. Probably still easier to convert than an onsides kick, but still hard and risky enough to not be abused by teams.
refs would still screw it up by calling defensive penalties when they didn't happen.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think if they made it a 4th and 20 then it would be pretty reasonable. Probably still easier to convert than an onsides kick, but still hard and risky enough to not be abused by teams.

The odds imo would still be better than an onside kick imo. 4th and 15 is a terrible idea. I could live with 4th and 20. In fact I like it.

refs would still screw it up by calling defensive penalties when they didn't happen.

There's the stickler. I could see a lot of cheap PI's/holding. Every PI must be reviewed w/o challenge for fairness.

What are the provisions of this. Under 2 minutes? Down by a certain amount? You still allowed to onside kick anytime during game?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The odds imo would still be better than an onside kick imo. 4th and 15 is a terrible idea. I could live with 4th and 20. In fact I like it.

There's the stickler. I could see a lot of cheap PI's/holding. Every PI must be reviewed w/o challenge for fairness.

What are the provisions of this. Under 2 minutes? Down by a certain amount? You still allowed to onside kick anytime during game?
anytime during the game

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
No moral victories here! And, of course there are things that the Chiefs are doing that the Ravens couldn't do!

The Ravens COULDN'T come back from their 14-0 deficit like the Chiefs did their 24-0 comeback on the Texans last week and then, with them being down to the Titans by 10 points on a few occasions to just explode by scoring TD's. The Ravens DIDN'T and COULDN'T do that last week! We're all Ravens fans here but let's keep it real! They played like trash and have to own that! And as far as Lamar's 2nd year being better than Mahomes' (since that is all some Ravens fans will have to hold onto after being bounced and trounced out of the playoffs....AGAIN), he hasn't advanced passed his 1st round in the playoffs for 2 consecutive years in a row. Mahomes? He's in the Super Bowl now! I'd take that over any individual stats during a regular season!

Idk, I feel your anger. I'm as disappointed as evidently you are at potentially becoming the Bengals come Playoff time, but I disagree about us having no ability to come back. We're explosive enough to make up a deficit. We did it at the end of the regular season against the Brownies.

I think good teams stick with what got them there. We didn't LOOK like ourselves in the game, so I think there's a problem with the coaching trying to do something different that the other teams don't expect in the Playoffs. I also think there is a deficit in mental toughness come Playoff time since Ray Lewis' retirement. I thought Earl Thomas might take that role. It sure looked like we folded in the Playoff game again this year. I've seen our players calling for flags on plays, but this occurred on almost every play that was contested and a bunch of others too. We are not crybabies, but that's what I saw occurring.

We didn't look sharp with our "stars" either. I'm willing to take a flier on the injury explanation and accept we did poorly due to injuries of the stars and that the second tier guys couldn't measure up. But I'm not willing to put Humphrey's accusation that we simply folded out of my mind completely either.

It was kick in the nuts that's still very sore.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Give Lamar the weapons that Mahomes has and we'd come back from large deficits too. Dropped balls all over the place with little to no separation. Sounds like the Flacco era all over again. In EDC I truss though.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Why are we still in the mouths of 49er fans? They still salty about that last Super Bowl they were in? I live in Northern Cali and they're ridiculously toxic and get personal about other teams' players/fans. Hope they take another L in a couple Sundays.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Give Lamar the weapons that Mahomes has and we'd come back from large deficits too. Dropped balls all over the place with little to no separation. Sounds like the Flacco era all over again. In EDC I truss though.

i would really like us to grab one of these receivers - there are going to be good ones available all the way through the draft with a diversity of options - but hopefully we get one decently high in the draft

JAAM

Hall of Famer
i would really like us to grab one of these receivers - there are going to be good ones available all the way through the draft with a diversity of options - but hopefully we get one decently high in the draft
I want to continue with the "track speed" mentality. The Chiefs have weapons that can take it the distance at any moment and know how to get open. Wouldn't mind drafting one high and then signing Robby Anderson.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The fact that Harbs and Co. are ALREADY talking about what kind of receivers they want makes me happy to an extent. Other from pass-rush (in which we so desparately need), I'd say WR is our biggest need. It would silence the critics who say that "lAMaR cAn'T THroW fOr 4,000 yARdS!"

Why are we still in the mouths of 49er fans? They still salty about that last Super Bowl they were in? I live in Northern Cali and they're ridiculously toxic and get personal about other teams' players/fans. Hope they take another L in a couple Sundays.
I wouldn't even sweat it. They lucky that they beat our (almost) practice squad team in 2015 and it came down to a failed hail mary.

I want to continue with the "track speed" mentality. The Chiefs have weapons that can take it the distance at any moment and know how to get open. Wouldn't mind drafting one high and then signing Robby Anderson.
If the Ravens are successful in recreating the track speed team that the Chiefs have, Ravens/Chiefs games will become even more must-watch TV. I mean, how cool would it be to watch two teams, who'd be mirror images of themselves collectively on offense, go at it?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Cool video posted by the Raiders YouTube Channel as Jon Gruden gets a tour of inside the new Raiders stadium in Vegas as construction is happening. I'm definitely going to have to come to this stadium when the Ravens play the Raiders in Vegas.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I truly truly understand that my post should go into the WR prospects thread, and I get that he's a TE, but do you believe that Thad Moss could "make the transition" to WR?

Haven’t watched a huge amount of him - basically only stuff live in a couple of games but my question for anyone selecting him would be why would you want to transition him away from TE?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Haven’t watched a huge amount of him - basically only stuff live in a couple of games but my question for anyone selecting him would be why would you want to transition him away from TE?
I don't want to say for us to go Project Pat on him, but.......go Project Pat on him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree, that’s why I want kj hamler, he is another Hollywood, super explosive, super shifty, excellent route runner.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The fact that Harbs and Co. are ALREADY talking about what kind of receivers they want makes me happy to an extent. Other from pass-rush (in which we so desparately need), I'd say WR is our biggest need. It would silence the critics who say that "lAMaR cAn'T THroW fOr 4,000 yARdS!"

I wouldn't even sweat it. They lucky that they beat our (almost) practice squad team in 2015 and it came down to a failed hail mary.

If the Ravens are successful in recreating the track speed team that the Chiefs have, Ravens/Chiefs games will become even more must-watch TV. I mean, how cool would it be to watch two teams, who'd be mirror images of themselves collectively on offense, go at it?
and if Ravens/chiefs become even more must-watch TV we will have to have Romo and not Fouts!