• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
don't you mean the cookie monster. He certainly sounds like it

He reminds me more of Kermit

pat-kermit.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hamler, aiyuk, reagor have absolutely devestating speed - hamler's the best of the 3 but he might go a round higher than them
Aiyuk reminds me a good bit of Torrey Smith. Kinda Straight line burner, runs upright, good single cuts without losing speed but not necessarily a route runner at all, decent size that they don’t use extremely well. VERY similar players. And yeah I like raegor a lot, I don’t expect him to go late 2 but if he did oh my god I’m sprinting to the podium

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Aiyuk reminds me a good bit of Torrey Smith. Kinda Straight line burner, runs upright, good single cuts without losing speed but not necessarily a route runner at all, decent size that they don’t use extremely well. VERY similar players. And yeah I like raegor a lot, I don’t expect him to go late 2 but if he did oh my god I’m sprinting to the podium

it's remarkable how many wr options there are probably going to be at every pick in the draft - our 1st rounder might legitimately be the only pick where the wide receiver might not be a value pick (and even then it's not a guarantee)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it's remarkable how many wr options there are probably going to be at every pick in the draft - our 1st rounder might legitimately be the only pick where the wide receiver might not be a value pick (and even then it's not a guarantee)
Yeah, it’s good for us that we can land a potential starting receiver in late 1 or 2, we better not be dumbasses and not take the opportunity. One of the only round 2 picks we have hit on has been WR with Torrey Smith, idk why were so scared of drafting a rd 1 or 2 receiver

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk, I feel your anger. I'm as disappointed as evidently you are at potentially becoming the Bengals come Playoff time, but I disagree about us having no ability to come back. We're explosive enough to make up a deficit. We did it at the end of the regular season against the Brownies.

I think good teams stick with what got them there. We didn't LOOK like ourselves in the game, so I think there's a problem with the coaching trying to do something different that the other teams don't expect in the Playoffs. I also think there is a deficit in mental toughness come Playoff time since Ray Lewis' retirement. I thought Earl Thomas might take that role. It sure looked like we folded in the Playoff game again this year. I've seen our players calling for flags on plays, but this occurred on almost every play that was contested and a bunch of others too. We are not crybabies, but that's what I saw occurring.

We didn't look sharp with our "stars" either. I'm willing to take a flier on the injury explanation and accept we did poorly due to injuries of the stars and that the second tier guys couldn't measure up. But I'm not willing to put Humphrey's accusation that we simply folded out of my mind completely either.

It was kick in the nuts that's still very sore.

The Ravens couldn't come back from that deficit at all! If they could have, they would have! The reality is that they did "fold" in the playoffs as was customary last season. Last season, it was a little different cause Lamar was a rookie. Granted! This season? Inexcusable! The Ravens finished the regular season with a 12 game win streak, the best record in the NFL at 14-2 (they ONLY lost 2 games the entire season-Wow!) the AFC North Division Championship and the sealed up the #1 Seed in the AFC for the first time in franchise history and to have HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE throughout the playoffs.

They did all of that, ONLY to allow the # 6 Seeded Tennesse Titans to come into Baltimore with more hunger, fight and grit and beat the Ravens down 28-12. At some point, we Ravens fans just gotta accept the fact that the Ravens were nothing more than front-runners and have a HUGE psychological hurdle to get over in the playoffs in order to advance beyond the 1st playoff game. Humphrey is on the team and experienced this feeling 2x. He called it! CHOKERS!

Ed Reed knows how I feel right now:

Reactions: cdp
Hey who’s watching the pro bowl? I have come to despise that game but this year, with so many ravens players and coaches, I’ll probably tune in for a while at least.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey who’s watching the pro bowl? I have come to despise that game but this year, with so many ravens players and coaches, I’ll probably tune in for a while at least.

I refuse to watch any more football this season after that loss (that includes the SB). Really just don't care at this point until the draft starts approaching. I'll watch the Pro Bowl videos they come out with, but that's about it for me.

I refuse to watch any more football this season after that loss (that includes the SB). Really just don't care at this point until the draft starts approaching. I'll watch the Pro Bowl videos they come out with, but that's about it for me.

Yeah I get it. That loss stings like no other. It’s gonna be a while before I get over it,

I will tune in to the pro bowl for a bit but I’m sure it won’t last long. That game has become such a glam fest it’s hard to watch, and I’m just wondering when it will become a full fledged flag football game. As for the SB I will def watch that. It should be a good game. The last one until September.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Wait... You can Kick a Field Goal and not go for it on 4th down every time? What a stupid concept - Ravens Analytics Person

Justin Tucker: But I'm automatic and can make every FG when needed.

Analytics Person: BUT ANALYTICS!

*Leaves points off the board in a PLAYOFF GAME because Analytics says to not trust the MOST ACCURATE KICKER IN THE LEAGUE HISTORY.*

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wait... You can Kick a Field Goal and not go for it on 4th down every time? What a stupid concept - Ravens Analytics Person

Justin Tucker: But I'm automatic and can make every FG when needed.

Analytics Person: BUT ANALYTICS!

*Leaves points off the board in a PLAYOFF GAME because Analytics says to not trust the MOST ACCURATE KICKER IN THE LEAGUE HISTORY.*

dude i cant believe we're doing this again - i still 100% think harbs was right both times to go for it - 3 points does literally nothing to help us win when we're down 8 especially when it's a yard - i know we failed both times but it's not that difficult to get a yard

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
dude i cant believe we're doing this again - i still 100% think harbs was right both times to go for it - 3 points does literally nothing to help us win when we're down 8 especially when it's a yard - i know we failed both times but it's not that difficult to get a yard

It worked for us all year until the playoff game; we just didn't execute. There's a lot of things that can be criticized in that game, but going for it on 4th is not one of them.