• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The 2020 NFL Schedule will be released this week. The NFL is releasing a full 16 game schedule but has a plan in place for a shortened season if needed. Who do you guys think we play in Week 1? With the MLB season looking to start end of June/early July, I do wonder how that will impact the amount of games we play at home early on. It was easy to determine it when we thought we had a full season of baseball and we knew where the Orioles were playing but now, I don't know.

I'm thinking 4 Primetime games this year. Ravens-Chiefs on Sunday Night Football for sure, one of the Steelers game will be a TNF or MNF game. Titans might be a MNF game to play off the playoff loss, and Browns. I'm hoping we get the late Thursday Thanksgiving Game.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Not so much Dalton I think, Bengals have given us fits for years. Can't tell you how many times I left the Bank with a splitting headache after losing to Palmer and the bungles. Seems like a lot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The 2020 NFL Schedule will be released this week. The NFL is releasing a full 16 game schedule but has a plan in place for a shortened season if needed. Who do you guys think we play in Week 1? With the MLB season looking to start end of June/early July, I do wonder how that will impact the amount of games we play at home early on. It was easy to determine it when we thought we had a full season of baseball and we knew where the Orioles were playing but now, I don't know.

I'm thinking 4 Primetime games this year. Ravens-Chiefs on Sunday Night Football for sure, one of the Steelers game will be a TNF or MNF game. Titans might be a MNF game to play off the playoff loss, and Browns. I'm hoping we get the late Thursday Thanksgiving Game.
I’m thinking we open the season with a prime time game. The world is gonna want so badly to see the ravens offense “get figured out” in all their hatred, meanwhile the nfl knows that the ravens are such a fireworks show that they’ll have no choice. Week 1 of football and it’s a primetime win-win for them, if the ravens win there’s likely some fireworks and if they lose the Whole country can feel so gratified in saying “I told ya so!” on Facebook and Twitter

I’m thinking we open the season with a prime time game. The world is gonna want so badly to see the ravens offense “get figured out” in all their hatred, meanwhile the nfl knows that the ravens are such a fireworks show that they’ll have no choice. Week 1 of football and it’s a primetime win-win for them, if the ravens win there’s likely some fireworks and if they lose the Whole country can feel so gratified in saying “I told ya so!” on Facebook and Twitter

I saw this poll a while ago about the most hated teams in the league, from memory it went Cowboys, Patriots and the Ravens and I was like "Wait, what the fuck did we do??"

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know you may actually have a valid point there...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I saw this poll a while ago about the most hated teams in the league, from memory it went Cowboys, Patriots and the Ravens and I was like "Wait, what the fuck did we do??"
Well let’s add it up, we’re in Baltimore, we stole a team from Cleveland and went on to win multiple Super Bowls, we employed a murderer, Terrell Suggs has dolphin teeth, our qb is a rb and isn’t the right skin color and lacks the right dialect for most nfl fans. Whole bunch of whammies there.

/sarcasm

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Or we start the season with the obligatory week 1 matchup against the Bengals (or end the season against them).

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Well let’s add it up, we’re in Baltimore, we stole a team from Cleveland and went on to win multiple Super Bowls, we employed a murderer, Terrell Suggs has dolphin teeth, our qb is a rb and isn’t the right skin color and lacks the right dialect for most nfl fans. Whole bunch of whammies there.

/sarcasm
Okay to be fair I totally understand why the league wouldn't like us. Logically in addition when I think the 4 most popular teams: Cowboys 9ers Steelers Pats. Pats and Steelers is obvious. 49ers.. ended their season's claim as the best team this yearand all their fans are still somehow brainwashed into thinking Jimmy had PI in the Super Bowl. Cowboys, we ruined their last game at their old stadium.

I love being the Villain. I hope we become the new evil in stopping Patrick Mahomes legacy.
Black out prime time games in Baltimore are going to be the most beautiful thing around in the next few years. Totally flying from Seattle to see some..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Or we start the season with the obligatory week 1 matchup against the Bengals (or end the season against them).
It’s so weird how often we play the bengals week 1 or 17, 2 years in a row feels like the first time in a while that we didn’t
Okay to be fair I totally understand why the league wouldn't like us. Logically in addition when I think the 4 most popular teams: Cowboys 9ers Steelers Pats. Pats and Steelers is obvious. 49ers.. ended their season's claim as the best team this yearand all their fans are still somehow brainwashed into thinking Jimmy had PI in the Super Bowl. Cowboys, we ruined their last game at their old stadium.

I love being the Villain. I hope we become the new evil in stopping Patrick Mahomes legacy.
Black out prime time games in Baltimore are going to be the most beautiful thing around in the next few years. Totally flying from Seattle to see some..
Blackout games never seem to be a thing anymore because harbaugh has to fuck with the magic of the all black uni for some reason.

SAVE ALL BLACK FOR PRIMETIME!

/sarcasm

When I was younger I read an old online article from 2001 with a headline that said we were "Satans team", or something like that. Thats when I knew people saw the Ravens differently.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The one thing Ravens don't have to worry about is International Games. NFL announces no international games will be played in 2020 due to the current situation.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I know Joey was kinda kidding but we continue to be vilified(not as bad as it was) for Ray's Atlanta debacle. Siz and RR DV issues did not help along with other varied embarrassments(Cody, Jimmy, etc.). It's a big reason that Steve has promoted and insists upon a "high character" culture within the organization. He doesn't want to be the owner of "that team".

Tank

Hall of Famer
The one thing Ravens don't have to worry about is International Games. NFL announces no international games will be played in 2020 due to the current situation.
I think we'll be fortunate if there is a 2020 season at all.