• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Patriots sign Cam the same day news comes out about them losing a 3rd round draft pick for taping the browns and bengals game.

Watch Cam leaves after this year and Patriots gets a 3rd round comp pick to make up for the loss, meanwhile Media’s too busy talking about cam and the pats instead of spygate 2.0 Chess not checkers. Lol
They're crooks led by a super villain in Robert Kraft. Despicable organization. They nipped the terrible news about their cheating ways by deflection that Kraft has learned from his good political buddies.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After the league spent 2 decades trying to copy the patriots and become the patriots, the ravens after 1 full season with a mobile qb have the patriots playing copycat with us.

Well well well, how the turntables.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
But man I actually think cam has a comeback player award coming his way. If cam is given a quick 2 reads, a dump off, and sprinkle in some options of all kinds, he should do perfectly fine, I believe josh mcdaniels is gonna be a dream fit for cam. Shame the young pup Lamar is gonna have to insert himself into cams comeback tour and put an end to it come January

JO_75

Hall of Famer
But man I actually think cam has a comeback player award coming his way. If cam is given a quick 2 reads, a dump off, and sprinkle in some options of all kinds, he should do perfectly fine, I believe josh mcdaniels is gonna be a dream fit for cam. Shame the young pup Lamar is gonna have to insert himself into cams comeback tour and put an end to it come January

You mean Week 10 and then January lol. Then we get over that hump known as the Chiefs in the AFC Title Game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
After the league spent 2 decades trying to copy the patriots and become the patriots, the ravens after 1 full season with a mobile qb have the patriots playing copycat with us.

Well well well, how the turntables.

Yeah I think having a QB who can scramble and extend plays with their legs is going to be more of a thing in this decade of the NFL. I don't think what we are doing with Lamar will be the trend itself, but just having a pocket passer like Mahomes who has the ability to scramble as well is going to be a big thing. If RG3 was coming into the league in the next couple years, he'd fit right in perfectly.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
At least that means they are trying to win. I thought BB was going to troll the NFL and do a better tank job than the Dolphins, draft Lawrence or Fields and win 6 more Super Bowls lol.

I thought patriots was going to tank for sunshine too. But then again.. I don’t think BB wants those 10+ losses on his overall HC win/loss record. I was waiting to see if BB gets a phantom sickness so his son takes over as interim head coach and absorbs the loss record. Then we all know for sure they’re tanking haha

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Like andrew luck, Cam makes terrible decisions. He also has been inaccurate his whole career. If anyone can help him, its BB and mcdaniels. Gonna be nice to see how this works out

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like andrew luck, Cam makes terrible decisions. He also has been inaccurate his whole career. If anyone can help him, its BB and mcdaniels. Gonna be nice to see how this works out
I don't understand what the Panthers are doing. They released cam just to sign noodle arm Teddy. Cam's not as bad as you think.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't understand what the Panthers are doing. They released cam just to sign noodle arm Teddy. Cam's not as bad as you think.

Panthers dished out a lot of mula for a college head coach to turn around the franchise. Probably think it’s better in the long run to cut bait to start a new culture.
Kind of like how they “needed” to cut steve Smith so Cam can be the face of the franchise. Rinse and repeat with Matt Rhule.

for context:
“Really, I think the organization felt like for Cam to flourish they needed Steve to step down," Gross told the NFL Network. "It wasn't an easy decision."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...newton-prior-being-released-carolina-panthers

JO_75

Hall of Famer

It had more to do with Teddy having familiarity with Joe Brady's offense. Brady was with the Saints when Bridgewater signed with the Saints. Teddy knows the offense already so it will be easy for him to pick up the playbook and help his teammates learn it.

Also has @rossihunter2 said, this is just a stop gap until Matt Rhule finds his Franchise QB.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It had more to do with Teddy having familiarity with Joe Brady's offense. Brady was with the Saints when Bridgewater signed with the Saints. Teddy knows the offense already so it will be easy for him to pick up the playbook and help his teammates learn it.

Also has @rossihunter2 said, this is just a stop gap until Matt Rhule finds his Franchise QB.

they've got some offensive players there that i reckon would fit really well with a justin fields type QB (or a trevor lawrence too) - could certainly see them make a major play to get him next offseason if they end up with a top 5 or 10 pick

but the idea of christian mccaffrey, dj moore, curtis samuel and robby anderson with justin fields is a really interesting idea - especially with some of the concepts joe brady's used before especially at LSU to spread out defences and allow the QB to read and react in both the running and passing game

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I dnt think cam is bad at all. I still think his mvp year is top 2 ever hands down. I mainly dislike his mentality. Like you can tell he is strong mentally but the game kinda forces him to back down.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Idk what they expect teddy to do. He is no where near cam. Sitting back all those could have whats best for him though.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If Cam ever goes into a slump, boy them Patriots fans online......................that's all I got to say on that matter.

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Yeah as really BB must or must not know what he is doing. He is crossing his fingers over it!