• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Without the benefit of hindsight we didnt value Lamar at #25. The only alternative pick I think that would have worked is the Ridley because the Falcons probably would have taken Hurst.
Maybe we didn't but I think there's a fair chance that we were confident nobody else rated him 1st rounder.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone know the details of the Ravens conditioning test? Wouldn't mind giving it a crack
Mink wrote about it in 2012:
"One heat is a player starting at the goal line, sprinting to the 25-yard line and back three times. That’s 150 yards. Then they get a rest before darting out again. Six times"
Time limit depends on position group, and linemen must complete each run in less than 35s and skill in 29s.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
"One heat is a player starting at the goal line, sprinting to the 25-yard line and back three times. That’s 150 yards. Then they get a rest before darting out again. Six times"
Time limit depends on position group, and linemen must complete each run in less than 35s and skill in 29s.
I’d fail the first attempt holy shit

Cheers, I have programmed into my Garmin. Will have a go this week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

iirc there's also a percentage decline you're allowed - i think if the time of your last run is less than 80% as good (or something in that range) as the time of your 1st run then you fail

it's why a lot of in-shape vets who come into baltimore the first time fail i think - they go really hard early and get beat up by the test late

basically i think the time limits are there so players dont cheat the test by going too slow - the thing that players fail is the 80% bit i think

when you see someone at an athletic position fail its likely that they just misjudged it

it's a hard test but its not supposed to catch guys out from what i gather - it's basically about long-term consistency - endurance x burst

Right, Ill program in a pace range. It doesnt look that hard, it's just the sudden change of direction I'm concerned about. Either way Ill post my results or a scan of my torn ACL

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Right, Ill program in a pace range. It doesnt look that hard, it's just the sudden change of direction I'm concerned about. Either way Ill post my results or a scan of my torn ACL
I have a 9 year torn meniscus that hasn’t been repaired and the tear has been extended at the very least ten separate times. I can’t even try some shit like that lol