• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@Deebo813 wow, I'm just seeing this. We know 13 people that have contracted covid-19. Down to a distant cousin that passed away. One family of 4 (3 had Covid and two were on ventilators). Thank god I hadn't seen them any of them this year.

My wife and I have been taking this very seriously and have basically been homebodies for the most part. We are also social butterflies, so it's a huge change for us.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Only thing thats wrong now is i cant taste nor smell. This came about like 3 days i believe. Other than that im fine
Hey man! I didn't know. I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through this. Just stay safe and follow all known protocols and your doctor's advice. Are you on some steroids to keep congestion in control? Assuming you're young, you'll just be fine. We're all rooting for your speedy recovery.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Hey man! I didn't know. I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through this. Just stay safe and follow all known protocols and your doctor's advice. Are you on some steroids to keep congestion in control? Assuming you're young, you'll just be fine. We're all rooting for your speedy recovery.
Yea im good. It was bad maybe like 1st full day but other than that i been good.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
@Deebo813 wow, I'm just seeing this. We know 13 people that have contracted covid-19. Down to a distant cousin that passed away. One family of 4 (3 had Covid and two were on ventilators). Thank god I hadn't seen them any of them this year.

My wife and I have been taking this very seriously and have basically been homebodies for the most part. We are also social butterflies, so it's a huge change for us.
Me, my dad and two brothers got it lol. We all good though. Dam man, i feel for those who suffered and are suffering the most from it. The way we are, we dont take shit serious but we kinda shyed away from the joking matter cause its actually killing others. Man i cant wait for all this shit to be over or for them to find a cure. Like idgaf about myself but id rather no one have to go out like this

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Me, my dad and two brothers got it lol. We all good though. Dam man, i feel for those who suffered and are suffering the most from it. The way we are, we dont take shit serious but we kinda shyed away from the joking matter cause its actually killing others. Man i cant wait for all this shit to be over or for them to find a cure. Like idgaf about myself but id rather no one have to go out like this
That’s what I’ve been saying man, like I don’t wanna get it and surprise myself with an underlying condition and end up dead, but the odds are slim, I just wanna minimize the loss, I value human life too much, shit hurts my soul knowing how many people died alone and unconscious and in pain from this

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Ravens are favored to win every game this season. 16-0!!!

Closest point spreads are 2.5, vs the Chiefs and on the road against the Eagles.

That’s what I’ve been saying man, like I don’t wanna get it and surprise myself with an underlying condition and end up dead, but the odds are slim, I just wanna minimize the loss, I value human life too much, shit hurts my soul knowing how many people died alone and unconscious and in pain from this

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30178-4/fulltext

This is a very recent NYU study on covid19, apparently what happens during the infection is bone marrow cells called megakarocytes end up outside of the bones and embeding themselves everywhere, in the tissue, organs and even the small blood vessels. These cells produce platelets which cause blood clots to form everywhere, hypercoagulation has been a known factor but until now we didnt know the true extent.

As scientists learn more there are newer, aggressive therapies that use blood thinners to prevent worsening symptoms and improve survival rates.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30178-4/fulltext

This is a very recent NYU study on covid19, apparently what happens during the infection is bone marrow cells called megakarocytes end up outside of the bones and embeding themselves everywhere, in the tissue, organs and even the small blood vessels. These cells produce platelets which cause blood clots to form everywhere, hypercoagulation has been a known factor but until now we didnt know the true extent.

As scientists learn more there are newer, aggressive therapies that use blood thinners to prevent worsening symptoms and improve survival rates.
Wow scary virus... hope everybody wears a mask outdoors and socially distances regardless of their politics, for the sake of their fellow citizens.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Its not being talked about enough but our defense could really be something special this year. Remember how pats defense was looking first 10 games when they were playing all those bad teams lol, i think ours can be the same except we have real talent and not product of BB system.. We were great last season and thats with no pass rush.

Only doubts i really have is our rookies

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Its not being talked about enough but our defense could really be something special this year. Remember how pats defense was looking first 10 games when they were playing all those bad teams lol, i think ours can be the same except we have real talent and not product of BB system.. We were great last season and thats with no pass rush.

Only doubts i really have is our rookies

a lot of it will come down to health

but we're demonstrably improved in terms of talent than we were last year throughout all levels of the defence - the EDGE is the exact same group but the talent around them is formidably different

the LBs are rookies but Josh Bynes isn't an irreplaceable freak no matter how well he played last year

Calais Campbell, Derek Wolfe, Justin Madubuike, Patrick Queen, Malik Harrison, Broderick Washington all being added to the front 7 is great
and Tavon Young and Deshon Elliott coming back into the secondary is a boon as well

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
a lot of it will come down to health

but we're demonstrably improved in terms of talent than we were last year throughout all levels of the defence - the EDGE is the exact same group but the talent around them is formidably different

the LBs are rookies but Josh Bynes isn't an irreplaceable freak no matter how well he played last year

Calais Campbell, Derek Wolfe, Justin Madubuike, Patrick Queen, Malik Harrison, Broderick Washington all being added to the front 7 is great
and Tavon Young and Deshon Elliott coming back into the secondary is a boon as well
Yep i agree. We still have mcphee too. I dnt really know what elliot has to offer? I honestly forgot about him. We have so much talent on defense i dnt even know what their roles are gonna be lol. I know we are very very versatile and all our cbs are basically elite tacklers for their positions but dam its gonna be a lot going on.Gonna be fun to watch them all play different roles each week.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep i agree. We still have mcphee too. I dnt really know what elliot has to offer? I honestly forgot about him. We have so much talent on defense i dnt even know what their roles are gonna be lol. I know we are very very versatile and all our cbs are basically elite tacklers for their positions but dam its gonna be a lot going on.Gonna be fun to watch them all play different roles each week.

Elliot will be a core special teamer, and probably FS2 to ET. I recall seeing packages where he was the lone deep safety with both ET and Clark playing under before he got hurt.
Jimmy Smith will probably be the Swiss Army knife. Playing CB and SS for whichever packages wink dials up. I would love to see Jimmy on Kelce and all the other top TEs we face.

I’m just a Deshon’s Stan holding out hope that him and Marlo is the next great safety-corner duo lol.

B97E69BA-D184-482C-B81B-4EE7537A25AE.png

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

So Mase is pretty mad that all the young bandwagon Lamar fans dont know who he is and voted Boldin and SS better.

Haha. Boldin is a given. He can’t be mad at that. I can see a case for him over SS. But steve smith just got that dawg in him. Everyone remembers that

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

So Mase is pretty mad that all the young bandwagon Lamar fans dont know who he is and voted Boldin and SS better.

Oh dam. Even though he is probably our best wr, id still rather have steve smith and boldin. As big as a competitor mason was steve smith was still next level. Id rather have daryl smith over cj mosley or even bart scott next to ray lewis.

Reactions: cdp