• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Yeah Flacco winning us a Superbowl gives him the prize over Lamars future potential for now. Theres no doubt who is the better QB but if Lamar never played another down because he took up competitive knitting would you still vote for him?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah Flacco winning us a Superbowl gives him the prize over Lamars future potential for now. Theres no doubt who is the better QB but if Lamar never played another down because he took up competitive knitting would you still vote for him?
Yes. I would but then Lamar is my adopted son. I would vote for him if he knit sweaters for the entire team instead of playing a down. You know why? Because he'll do it with passion running up and down the field putting his newly sewn sweaters on his teammates!

Yes. I would but then Lamar is my adopted son. I would vote for him if he knit sweaters for the entire team instead of playing a down. You know why? Because he'll do it with passion running up and down the field putting his newly sewn sweaters on his teammates!

Yeah, I've detected that you are rather fond of Lamar.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I gotta disagree with you on this one and i actually wasnt as big on flacco as everyone else.. take away flacco SB and he is still ahead of lamar. Flacco won atleast one playoff game every time we entered the playoffs. Yea lamar had a great season but he didnt top it off with anything. Only people that would put lamar over flacco are the new fans, which is ok but he flacco is suppose to be Ravens all time Qb and thats not even a debate. This is coming from someone who thinks flacco was never an above avg qb
Think it just depends on how you evaluate QBs.

I don't put nearly as much stock into "winning playoff games" as everybody else does when it comes to QB play, Flacco's a pretty good example of this, because he's got, at a minimum, at least 2-3 playoff wins on his resume where he essentially did nothing (or actually hurt the team) in those games. He certainly wasn't a key reason for some of those victories, especially early on.

No Ravens QB in history has done anything even in the ballpark of what Lamar did last season. The only reason I'd put Flacco ahead of Lamar as the better QB, for now, is simply due to lack of sample size. If Lamar somehow goes the RGIII route and is out of the league or a backup in 3-4 years, nobody will even remember his MVP season. He plays out his rookie contract at the level he displayed last season, and yet still doesn't win a Lombardi, I'd have no quorums ranking him over Joe. Joe's best seasons were average to below average years for a lot of HOF-level QBs.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Judon on twitter to tyrann mathieu: "hows the real estate in KC? asking for a friend"
I think it was a joke on the big deals being handed around in KC and he wants some of it. Someone else can overpay his overrated ass if they’d like. This is his last season in Baltimore anyways, assuming nothing crazy happens within the next few hours

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think it was a joke on the big deals being handed around in KC and he wants some of it. Someone else can overpay his overrated ass if they’d like. This is his last season in Baltimore anyways, assuming nothing crazy happens within the next few hours
He’s gonna play out the year, I’m really tired of his shit talking on Twitter, he’s been a detriment and an unneeded distraction on Twitter

JAAM

Hall of Famer
He’s gonna play out the year, I’m really tired of his shit talking on Twitter, he’s been a detriment and an unneeded distraction on Twitter
Thank you. If we were rebuilding, ain't no way we'd tag him. We're just going all in this year then he can take his childish tweets to another team.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was also annoyed with his twitter antics, but he did a presser a couple of weeks ago where he came across as a resonable and grateful person.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Hopefully to be notified the trade has been finalized

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I hope the front office is getting tired of his shit posting on social media. Just rescind the damn tag and use that 18 million elsewhere. Sign Clowney to a one year deal. Please, EDC?

Judons trolling is annoying but I try not to give it much attention, whatever he does after this season is his business as long as he gets the job done this year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Huh? Distraction from what?
Leave him be, he's having fun. He was very clear after signing the tag - it was the most realistic and humble response I ever saw by the player in the same position.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Huh? Distraction from what?
Leave him be, he's having fun. He was very clear after signing the tag - it was the most realistic and humble response I ever saw by the player in the same position.

exactly - the only people getting distracted are the ravens fans (and other teams's fans) and insiders going nuts over purposefully cryptic tweets

it's all a wind-up - the first few times i was drawn in but once i worked out what was going on i started finding it funny

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Thank god. The deadline is here and no Judon extension.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I swear if we keep Judon at 18 and Clowney gets ~15 I'll be so pissed. Just rescind the damn tag let someone else have Judon's overrated ass