• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
He'll eventually sign with the Browns is my fear...

i hope he’s salty no team is giving him what he wants so he just signs a 1 year deal with the ravens just to F up league.

The dream is still alive boyssssss

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Either Browns or the Titans would be my guess. Cowboys gave Griffen $6M, how much is Clowney going to get at this point?
Browns only because if I remember correctly they had offered him around 13-14M/yr... but, I could be way off. But, I would hate for him to go to a division rival. If he can stay healthy I would love him here opposite Judon or even spelling Judon....

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Either Browns or the Titans would be my guess. Cowboys gave Griffen $6M, how much is Clowney going to get at this point?
Consensus I've read from Browns reporters is they're out on him. They restructured with Olivier Vernon to keep him, and he's making pretty good money this year, so no real room for Clowney in terms of their rotation.

Tennessee definitely appears to be the favorite, though I agree its odd that he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Heard speculation that players are pushing for Saints to make a move on him, but they don't figure to be able to afford.

In order for him to sign in Baltimore, he would be needing to a sign a one year deal in the range of like $5M, which I don't see happening.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Consensus I've read from Browns reporters is they're out on him. They restructured with Olivier Vernon to keep him, and he's making pretty good money this year, so no real room for Clowney in terms of their rotation.

Tennessee definitely appears to be the favorite, though I agree its odd that he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Heard speculation that players are pushing for Saints to make a move on him, but they don't figure to be able to afford.

In order for him to sign in Baltimore, he would be needing to a sign a one year deal in the range of like $5M, which I don't see happening.

yeah the money makes no sense here

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man it's just plain weird not having preseason games .I'm chomping at the bit to see Queen and others . Ive seen nothing in the press about our rookies and their progress.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
what's even weirder is that on the original schedule as it could have been would mean we'd already have played the Bills in the preseason opener... how devastating is that lol
Harrison and Queen could make a big difference for us this year . Can't wait to see them against the Browns!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harrison and Queen could make a big difference for us this year . Can't wait to see them against the Browns!

i want to see that stretch run type play where chubb (and mostert for the 49ers) went for huge running plays and i want the gap to open and then i want one (or both) of those 2 to close it emphatically either because harrison came downhill in his gap and just demolished a lineman in the hole or because queen's burst got him to the point of attack before chubb can get downhill

would be a great tone setter for the year to see that type of play early

especially if we get to see malik come downhill and just destroy an OL at the LoS

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i want to see that stretch run type play where chubb (and mostert for the 49ers) went for huge running plays and i want the gap to open and then i want one (or both) of those 2 to close it emphatically either because harrison came downhill in his gap and just demolished a lineman in the hole or because queen's burst got him to the point of attack before chubb can get downhill

would be a great tone setter for the year to see that type of play early

especially if we get to see malik come downhill and just destroy an OL at the LoS
That would be great, but the real tone setter would be Calais Campbell making light work of 2 blockers and shutting it down for a 3 yard loss immediately after the hand off.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Something that keeps being mentioned is how much Wink blitzed last year, and how having Calais Campbell means you’re gonna have better pass rush and you can drop another guy in coverage bla bla, I don’t think that’s what’s gonna happen, I think Wink is gonna blitz just as much without a second thought, and continue to let talent win on the back end, and just get way way way more sacks

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Something that keeps being mentioned is how much Wink blitzed last year, and how having Calais Campbell means you’re gonna have better pass rush and you can drop another guy in coverage bla bla, I don’t think that’s what’s gonna happen, I think Wink is gonna blitz just as much without a second thought, and continue to let talent win on the back end, and just get way way way more sacks
Yeah I think its two-fold...

1. I think we need to temper expectations about Campbell a bit. A good player, but he's also getting older, and I don't nearly view him as the kind of guy who's going to go out and be a game wrecker as a pass rusher. If he were lined up opposite like a Chandler Jones, sure, I would never blitz. I think he makes the whole defense better, but I certainly don't think that means we'll get pressure with 4 all the time.
2. If the linebacking core has more speed, and we're able to get better coverage on TEs and RBs with our linebackers and Safeties, it'll just make our blitzes more exotic. We can bring more secondary blitzes, as well as let guys like Queen get after the QB even more than we did with some of our inside backers previously.

Random and probably a unpopular opinion, but if we sign Dez, I think he might show us a thing or two and surprise us. Vet WRs have served this team well in the past; DMase, Boldin, SSR...

off topic, but should there be a Unpopular Opinion Thread?