• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I still wish that Nuk trade went though if the rumors were real. Looking at the offense, I’m a little worried about Andrews and Hollywood being taken out of the picture by a great defense and what if our rushing attack isn’t on point in the same game especially in the playoffs? I feel like we need one more premier weapon on the outside for Lamar
Youre correct.

guy i worked with was from DC older guy like 65. Only dude i was cool with and he was the janitor. Made my dam day everyday at work for like 2yrs... man he used to get mad af at me for saying he was from maryland. I mean like we were the best of friends but he would legit not even talk to me for saying that shit lmao. Like dam yall right next to each other why its a big deal lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
just watched the slant play and didnt see that at all - there's a guy tackling him as soon as he catches the ball - he even angled his route at the catch point to take himself more upfield rather than across
I must be remembering wrong then, I watched it yesterday and it just looked soft as shit to me the way he took on that tackle

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I must be remembering wrong then, I watched it yesterday and it just looked soft as shit to me the way he took on that tackle

i just think he's so long and his strides are so long that it looks different to what we're used to lol

obviously he's still not the finished article and it would be nice to see him break a tackle if he gets a chance or to catch a deep one but im not worried about his texans performance at all

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just don’t want another Titans outing in the playoffs where Lamar and Hollywood are the only ones that come to play you know. It just doesn’t seem like Lamar trusts Boykin or Duv yet. Granted, it’s only been two games lol but if we could pry ARob away that would be fantastic
Boykin had 4 receptions this past week. He is definitely developing a chemistry with him. As for Duvernay, that will come, he's still a rookie.

Simba

Staff Member
He isnt with browns anymore?

Nope. He actually signed with the Raiders earlier this year and was cut while they went with their younger options. Probably not a good sign but you can't be too picky at this point. Just seems to fill a lot of different depth needs for us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Youre correct.

guy i worked with was from DC older guy like 65. Only dude i was cool with and he was the janitor. Made my dam day everyday at work for like 2yrs... man he used to get mad af at me for saying he was from maryland. I mean like we were the best of friends but he would legit not even talk to me for saying that shit lmao. Like dam yall right next to each other why its a big deal lol
Man it’s 2 different worlds. Just a hour apart but yeah, dc accent to me sounds country af and I can barely understand it lol, and the cities look nothing alike. I went to 3 high schools, one was Baltimore county and one was Howard county, Howard is a lot more DC and they don’t really claim Baltimore, it feels like 2 different worlds for real

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i just think he's so long and his strides are so long that it looks different to what we're used to lol

obviously he's still not the finished article and it would be nice to see him break a tackle if he gets a chance or to catch a deep one but im not worried about his texans performance at all

I was more nervous about Boykin after the Browns game. As you can tell I was nicely encouraged by what I saw in the Texans game. Even something I noticed was they definitely were feeding him the ball. Something I don't think they ever have done before. Hoping to see him continue to get better.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Boykin had 4 receptions this past week. He is definitely developing a chemistry with him. As for Duvernay, that will come, he's still a rookie.

Duv has only caught a couple of passes so far, but he makes it look effortless and I think we'll be seeing a lot more from him as the season progresses. I also like how we're getting Boykin more involved because if we can get him more confidence then I think he'll start to play closer to what we saw from him in TC when he was causing problems for our DBs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Duv has only caught a couple of passes so far, but he makes it look effortless and I think we'll be seeing a lot more from him as the season progresses. I also like how we're getting Boykin more involved because if we can get him more confidence then I think he'll start to play closer to what we saw from him in TC when he was causing problems for our DBs.

yeah duvernay has low snap counts but its clear that when he's in the game they're looking to feature him in the offence - plays that are designed for his strengths - and the speed he's showing on tape is as advertised

JAAM

Hall of Famer

I saw that and was sad but if I want anyone to get with her that’s not you or me, it’s definitely Marlo. He deserves it hahaha

I really hope he’s sliding in the DM’s

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
RanDUMB,

but JK Dobbins reminds me of [Redacted] with the way he puts his arm on the ground to keep him upright.