• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
After 2 weeks it looks to me that there are only 4 teams with the talent to win the Superbowl.
AFC Ravens, Chiefs
NFC Seahawks, Packers

Idk why but something tells me that those 2 NFC teams might be better than the AFC ones. I know I said the other day we could go 15-1, and I still believe that, but I'm just so uncomfortable about the idea of winning in the playoffs.

I think you're underestimating the Saints and Niners. Both teams are kinda banged up right now with some injuries to key players, but I wouldn't rule either out for a possible playoff run.

Also, the Cards could be a darkhorse team in the NFC this year. Kyler looks like he could be in the running for MVP so far and they have a lot of talent now on the offensive side of the ball.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think you're underestimating the Saints and Niners. Both teams are kinda banged up right now with some injuries to key players, but I wouldn't rule either out for a possible playoff run.

Also, the Cards could be a darkhorse team in the NFC this year. Kyler looks like he could be in the running for MVP so far and they have a lot of talent now on the offensive side of the ball.

Cards have looked really good so far

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'll say this... I'm close to writing the 49ers off.

Bosa isn't coming back, they're all sorts of banged up at receiver (and they didn't have a lot of talent there to begin with), and they're pretty much a one-dimensional offense, even with Jimmy G in there. Jimmy G hasn't been playing well at all through 2 weeks, and I don't know that I would expect him to play a lot better when he returns 3-4 weeks from now from an ankle sprain.

And I'll put it more specifically... everybody is going to think they're still good, because they're going to start like 4-1 or 3-2. They play Giants, Eagles, Dolphins the next three weeks, two of which are at home. They're going to be favorites to win all 3, even without Jimmy G. And they may very well do it.
Their last 10 games of the season are among the most brutal in the league.
Rams 2x
Seahawks 2x
Cardinals
Saints
Packers
Patriots
Bills
Cowboys
Assuming they'll need 9-7 to make the playoffs (think they may even need 10 wins), they're going to probably win all of their next 3 games AND go .500 in that group, which is a very tall task from what I've seen from them the last two weeks. And while home-field advantages aren't what they used to be, 6 of those 10 games are on the road, including long road trips to Dallas, New England and New Orleans.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

As @rmcjacket23 said, I think we can write the niners off. In terms of the saints, I just don't think they have the "it" to do anything. I do believe you're right though that Arizona I definitely overlooked.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Did yall see that lamar to dobbins throw last week? I liked the 2nd one too, but i think lamar wanted to use him as a decoy that 2nd time to open up a wr a little more deeper. Idk if that was the playcall or lamar did it on the fly... or dobbins just didnt know the play lol

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Did yall see that lamar to dobbins throw last week? I liked the 2nd one too, but i think lamar wanted to use him as a decoy that 2nd time to open up a wr a little more deeper. Idk if that was the playcall or lamar did it on the fly... or dobbins just didnt know the play lol

i noticed he had to direct jk to where he wanted him a few times but i wonder if that was him basically audibling based off something he'd seen that would specifically open up something he wanted...

noticed it on the dobbins 3rd down conversion where i think lamar saw a matchup he liked and told dobbins where to be but i saw it later also like you on another play

dont know if it's lamar audibling with jk specifically or whether it's jk not getting the play right

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
As @rmcjacket23 said, I think we can write the niners off. In terms of the saints, I just don't think they have the "it" to do anything. I do believe you're right though that Arizona I definitely overlooked.
I'm not ready to write them off yet, nor am I anointing the Cardinals.

In particular, for Arizona, its about the defense. They've played SF and WSH in the first two weeks... not really two offensive juggernauts. The latter is one of the worst offenses in football.

Arizona scoring a bunch of points isn't surprising to anybody I don't think. They're loaded with talent on offense, and if they get even average Oline play, they're going to score a lot of points this year. The question is can they stop anybody. Looking at their schedule, they may even start 5-0. Carolina and the Jets are on their schedule soon, two bad offenses, and while Detroit is up next, I'm not sure they're good enough to outscore Arizona in a shootout anyway.

When they play Dallas, Seattle, Rams, Buffalo, New England, etc., then we'll find out.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Saquon officially has a torn acl, meaning we won't play against him until the next time we play the Giants. Was looking forward to seeing how he would do against our defense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
F2101F6D-962D-40F3-8605-9FFEE2DF0F5F.jpeg

tavons acl a whole whore fr

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Former All-Pro Desmond King is unhappy about his lack of playing time for the LA Chargers.

I’m from San Diego and all my charger buddies are saying his coverage skills fell off so the coaching staff don’t trust him anymore. But with tavon going down, this kind of move would get me hype.

how many 5ths will it take!?

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
no question some of this is on L
Former All-Pro Desmond King is unhappy about his lack of playing time for the LA Chargers.

I’m from San Diego and all my charger buddies are saying his coverage skills fell off so the coaching staff don’t trust him anymore. But with tavon going down, this kind of move would get me hype.

[/QUOTE

hmmm, can you say 5th round pick....

JO_75

Hall of Famer
After 2 weeks it looks to me that there are only 4 teams with the talent to win the Superbowl.
AFC Ravens, Chiefs
NFC Seahawks, Packers

Idk why but something tells me that those 2 NFC teams might be better than the AFC ones. I know I said the other day we could go 15-1, and I still believe that, but I'm just so uncomfortable about the idea of winning in the playoffs.

I said last week on my YouTube channel that the only 4 players who are in the running for MVP are Lamar, Mahomes, Rodgers & Wilson. I would be shocked if these weren't the AFC & NFC Championship Games this year. The way Arizona is playing, I could see Murray and company upsetting either the Packers or Seahawks in the playoffs but in the AFC, I think the Steelers are the only competition to our Mahomes vs Jackson AFC Title Game.

ill add one more too: Minshew Mania is fun

I agree. Minshew's stats are right up there with some of the best QBs in the league. In the 14 games he played last year, he had a 21 TD to 6 INT ratio. So far in 2020, he has a 6 TD to 2 INT ratio, putting him at 27 TD to 8 INT for his career through 16 total games. Considering the talent in Jacksonville and all the roster depleting, if the Jags had any more defensive talent, they may have beat the Titans yesterday.