• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the returned kick skews how poorly we truly played. That game was a stinker. We were owned on both sides of the ball.

i dont think its skewed anything lol - dont think anyone has any thoughts that we didnt get ram-raided by them in both phases despite the score

if there were positive takes id say that's legitimate but i dont see anyone anywhere making excuses or saying it wasnt bad lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Random thought for the random thought thread: would anyone else like to see more traditional formations on offense instead of the same old pistol and empty shotgun? I really want to sprinkle in some I form and single back.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Random thought for the random thought thread: would anyone else like to see more traditional formations on offense instead of the same old pistol and empty shotgun? I really want to sprinkle in some I form and single back.
1000000%.. tired of the pistol bootlegs and rollout dump offs.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't care whether we run plays out of shotgun, pistol or under center. What I really would love to see is to use more spread formations combined with inside runs. Having andrews out wide would be a good indicator for man/zone. This would also prevent defenses from using heavy linebacker based packages.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't care whether we run plays out of shotgun, pistol or under center. What I really would love to see is to use more spread formations combined with inside runs. Having andrews out wide would be a good indicator for man/zone. This would also prevent defenses from using heavy linebacker based packages.

ive been an advocate since last year of spreading out and going empty a lot etc. and we've got a RB in dobbins who looks like he could do that stuff

went under the radar because the offence was so poor but dobbins led the ravens in reception and receiving yards against the chiefs

Reactions: cdp

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
ive been an advocate since last year of spreading out and going empty a lot etc. and we've got a RB in dobbins who looks like he could do that stuff

went under the radar because the offence was so poor but dobbins led the ravens in reception and receiving yards against the chiefs
I think I noticed them doing that with Dobbins toward the end of the game, but I didn't realize he led the team in catches

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
he's been the primary back in obvious passing situations so far this year - and leads all ravens rbs in overall snap count

he just hasnt had many called runs yet
Any idea why? I'd think rb would be easier to play without preseason than other positions. I know we have Ingram, but I'd be excited to see what we have in our 2nd round pick if I was a coach.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Any idea why? I'd think rb would be easier to play without preseason than other positions. I know we have Ingram, but I'd be excited to see what we have in our 2nd round pick if I was a coach.

i mean i think they value him in those passing situations but still see ingram as the lead runner - at the moment i think they're trying to make sure everyone's involved - but you have to think dobbins is going to start getting more carries earlier

partly its just the packages and plays that he's on the field for - would be interested to know if anyone has charted RB routes run this year

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
i dont think its skewed anything lol - dont think anyone has any thoughts that we didnt get ram-raided by them in both phases despite the score

if there were positive takes id say that's legitimate but i dont see anyone anywhere making excuses or saying it wasnt bad lol

I'm a little confused by the lol's....

I'm not saying that anyone said they didn't play poorly. I'm saying that the idea is brought to a finer point by understanding the OFF scored 13 points. We all know it was bad, but take away that 7 from the kick return and it puts the game in a truer suckitude perspective.

JAAM

Hall of Famer