• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We need to trade for aldon smith lol.. he looks decent over there in Dal. A lil rusty still but he still is a fighter. Natural talent and crazy long arms

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We need to trade for aldon smith lol.. he looks decent over there in Dal. A lil rusty still but he still is a fighter. Natural talent and crazy long arms

I pissed me off we didn't give him a shot. Thought it was a good move by Dallas and holy shit Marlon got paid.

Simba

Staff Member
Now if we can get Ronnie done, I'd go into the offseason with no real stress other than trying to find a competent pass rusher. Most of the 2021 FAs left would be the vet, 1 year deal types. Maybe a couple of dark horses like Bowser but nothing too extreme, because I doubt we're paying Judon.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What meme is this?
You had to get me triggered again. FUCK!

120266890_3746886778691316_1621487498082477259_o.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
but why so much? He isn't better than White. I know how this mechanism works, but still..

its so much because of jalen ramsey re-setting the market after tredavious

waiting on the structure of the deal but i think it might just be adding 5 years on anyway so other than the signing bonus which will be pro-rated across these last 2 years I'm not sure we're upping the actual salary numbers over the next 2 years

so it's a 5 year extension worth that much but his whole contract is now 7 years and next year my guess is its the 10m base still from his 5th year option

i could be wrong though - will be good to see brian mcfarland's take when he eventually sees this

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

waiting on the structure of the deal but i think it might just be adding 5 years on anyway so other than the signing bonus which will be pro-rated across these last 2 years I'm not sure we're upping the actual salary numbers over the next 2 years

so it's a 5 year extension worth that much but his whole contract is now 7 years and next year my guess is its the 10m base still from his 5th year option

i could be wrong though - will be good to see brian mcfarland's take when he eventually sees this
I think even witbout ramsey deal we would have given hump his deal based off twhite..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Now if we can get Ronnie done, I'd go into the offseason with no real stress other than trying to find a competent pass rusher. Most of the 2021 FAs left would be the vet, 1 year deal types. Maybe a couple of dark horses like Bowser but nothing too extreme, because I doubt we're paying Judon.

it would be so stress free and we then get to attack the offseason to make this team better rather than worry about trying to hold on ronnie

based on the current play levels we're not giving a new contract to judon or skura who would be the other big ones

and we'll see what happens with bowser because he's started this year well but he also still hardly plays on 1st down or obvious running downs

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

At least EDC got it done before Lattimore and Adoree Jackson

Simba

Staff Member
it would be so stress free and we then get to attack the offseason to make this team better rather than worry about trying to hold on ronnie

based on the current play levels we're not giving a new contract to judon or skura who would be the other big ones

and we'll see what happens with bowser because he's started this year well but he also still hardly plays on 1st down or obvious running downs

Just to clarify on Bowser, I wouldn't think he's a big deal but he's more than the 1 year veteran type of signing. We'll see how the rest of the season goes for sure but I wouldn't think he's too expensive right now, and they might want to retain him as the only other SLB if Judon leaves. He's just the only other one that I see commanding solid-ish money from our FA group outside of the names already mentioned.