• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Do you all just remember the sort of minishock we experienced from drafting Marlon? He was just not a name that was super tied to us and everyone thought we'd take O.J Howard. Really glad we took him. Kids legit.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Tony Jefferson going to be able to play football again?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lost, who is a Dodgers fan, was rooting for the Braves, because he wants Roberts fired. He can't stand how he hasn't won a WS with the talent he has on this roster. He can't stand how he uses the pitchers on the roster as well, taking them out when they are doing great and on a low pitch count. Anyway, he's pissed they won.
I miss Lost. Him and me used to actually text. I was on the official forums but changed my username for this one. I’m a Dodgers fan as well. Cant wait to lose in the WS again, though.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Is Tony Jefferson going to be able to play football again?
From what I’ve read, he can get out of the unemployment line anytime. He’s had a workout recently. I guess it all depends on need. I personally think he should call it quits

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wow this sucks. Where does our cap stand now?
Honestly f* TJ.

im not gonna go after him for getting benefits that the NFL just negotiated in the CBA - players got fleeced in other areas so not mad that he's getting his especially as it seems like the injury he got last year is at least partially responsible (if not mostly responsible) for why he hasnt got a job yet

i think it puts us around 4m in cap space but i could be wrong

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
When was the last time you saw so many of our running backs tackled in the backfield for losses? Ive been watching Ravens games since its inception and i dont recall any game where this happened so frequently.

Our offensive line is terrible this year and even Stanley and Brown have regressed.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I miss Lost. Him and me used to actually text. I was on the official forums but changed my username for this one. I’m a Dodgers fan as well. Cant wait to lose in the WS again, though.
What used to be your username?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lost, who is a Dodgers fan, was rooting for the Braves, because he wants Roberts fired. He can't stand how he hasn't won a WS with the talent he has on this roster. He can't stand how he uses the pitchers on the roster as well, taking them out when they are doing great and on a low pitch count. Anyway, he's pissed they won.

What happened to Lost?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
What happened to Lost?

I could be wrong, but earlier in the year I think there was alot of personal shots being hurled by members at each other. I don't know the who though, I tried to stay away from those things.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
he left well before that im pretty sure but my sense of time might be off - this year feels like an entire decade sometimes

I agree with you, that politics thread was the beginning of the end. To my understanding, after that there were some nasty fights and name calling.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Do you all just remember the sort of minishock we experienced from drafting Marlon? He was just not a name that was super tied to us and everyone thought we'd take O.J Howard. Really glad we took him. Kids legit.
I agree, although I never thought he'd make it down to us either. His issues were all fixable technique and he shuts down everyone he covers.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I agree with you, that politics thread was the beginning of the end. To my understanding, after that there were some nasty fights and name calling.
He left before that, and I think he said that he just needed a break from the forum.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What used to be your username?
I got into an argument with a Mod over there and I was warned and just never came back because he/she would always single me out so I’d rather not say even though I’m 99% sure they’re not on here. They were an old, unhappy geezer lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He left before that, and I think he said that he just needed a break from the forum.

I can think of a few names that left all around the same time. We have had disagreements before, but based on activity it's not shocking that a lot of people stopped posting or last posted in that thread...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I can think of a few names that left all around the same time. We have had disagreements before, but based on activity it's not shocking that a lot of people stopped posting or last posted in that thread...
Hopefully they’ll come back after the election. Some people will just never get along when it comes to politics and religion, unfortunately

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What happened to Lost?
I can't really answer for him, because he's never really given me a straight answer. I'm still in contact with him regularly, so if you want to ask him a question and don't have his number, I'd be happy to ask for you.

He may have been drinking too much due to the stress level of following the board. He definitely took things way too seriously when he was on it.