• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am so fucking bitter that we have Lamar Jackson and maybe the leagues best defense and a top 3 TE and a potentially generational talent at rb and we should be able to roll to dynasty status, but the fucking chiefs happen to be in the league at the same time.

If you replaced the Flacco era with this iteration of the ravens, they would’ve rolled right the fuck over those early tomlin Steelers and the patriots, but no we have this team in 2020 where we can essentially forget about a super bowl because we’re not getting past the chiefs any time soon.

There is 1 team I absolutely wanted no parts of bell with, and that’s KC, Andy Reid might fuck around and get 4000 all purpose yards from his top 2 backs if they played a full season
We haven't beaten the Chiefs yet, but we will. We had a very bad game and it was our 1st game without Young, plus Queen got schooled. If we play them in the playoffs Queen will have a full regular season and we will have a better game plan. I'm also not worried with KC having Bell.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Like, OK, but we've drafted three interior Olineman in the last two drafts, all of them in the first 4 rounds.

None of them have been Centers, but I also don't think Skura is playing badly either. I think people are just recognizing how great Yanda was, and how hard it is to find a player of his caliber. They can be found, but a lot of your stud Guards in this league in recent years are coming with very high draft picks (often first rounders). I wouldn't rule that out, but you also shouldn't be pigeon-holing yourself into drafting for positional need.

I'm not suggesting we ignore interior Oline at all, but I certainly don't think using like 2-3 high draft picks on it is going to yield the output we seek. My emphasis for 2021 would be pass rush, pass rush, and more pass rush. I feel good about pretty much every level of our defense, with the exception of pass rush. As good as this defense has been... this team has to blitz to get pressure. And that's not sustainable.
I agree with this statement, but feel we also need a slot corner. As much as I like Tavon Young, he just hasn't been available. I'd prefer having Humphrey on the outside and we have to take into account Jimmy Smith, probably being in his last season with us, but I said that last year also.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean yes they drafted some players, but they are not very good. Late 3rd and 4th round prospects are just yielding positive results and honestly Skura is likely not back next year so they need a new Center anyway so unless there is some massive development they need multiple new starters on the interior.
Mekari will probably be the center next year, unless they plan on moving Bozeman to center. I'd rather keep Bozeman where he is because he is playing well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In the league that I drafted Drake at like #14 overall, I went WR heavy after that, so I'm largely screwed. Put a lot of faith in Dobbins taking over lead role here (didn't happen), and also ended up drafting Wentz and Mayfield.

It's gonna be a long year.
wow, I like Dobbins as a player but why would you have put so much faith in him taking a lead role here, knowing how Harbaugh can be.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We haven't beaten the Chiefs yet, but we will. We had a very bad game and it was our 1st game without Young, plus Queen got schooled. If we play them in the playoffs Queen will have a full regular season and we will have a better game plan. I'm also not worried with KC having Bell.
Any rb that can be lined up at wr to run fade routes to catch jumps is a threat. Bell can really catch catch lol.. lets just hope he doesnt return to form

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
In the league that I drafted Drake at like #14 overall, I went WR heavy after that, so I'm largely screwed. Put a lot of faith in Dobbins taking over lead role here (didn't happen), and also ended up drafting Wentz and Mayfield.

It's gonna be a long year.
Atleast u didnt take marlon mack and he gets injured 1st game of year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

man, this is great. you watch this video and youre just like.. of course he won the job lol, he naturally acts and talks like a stereotype coach from a football movie. from the day he was hired he always felt like the man for the job(aside from the post-injury flacco era).

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
This play calling is maddening to me! Send your speed downfield requiring coverage. Stop these dumbass behind the line, at the line pass plays that require moves and jukes to get YAC. TE's on the line. WR's at the hatches... send them! Pull the DEF back and require them to cover! The WR's won't catch every one, but they will catch enough to keep the DEF's honest. These stupid horizontal, LOS passes with no blocking in front of receiver need to stop. It clearly is not a strength of this OFF.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Watching Game 7 of the NLCS and the Braves were leading 3-2, they just gave up a home run. Now they gave up a double in the bottom of the 6th. Rooting for the Braves because of Markakis but perhaps all Atlanta sports teams are cursed?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Atlanta Braves blew a 3-1 Lead in the NLCS, so I guess Atlanta sports teams are just cursed to forever blow leads no matter the sport.

Atlanta Sports Fans right now:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lost, who is a Dodgers fan, was rooting for the Braves, because he wants Roberts fired. He can't stand how he hasn't won a WS with the talent he has on this roster. He can't stand how he uses the pitchers on the roster as well, taking them out when they are doing great and on a low pitch count. Anyway, he's pissed they won.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lost, who is a Dodgers fan, was rooting for the Braves, because he wants Roberts fired. He can't stand how he hasn't won a WS with the talent he has on this roster. He can't stand how he uses the pitchers on the roster as well, taking them out when they are doing great and on a low pitch count. Anyway, he's pissed they won.

I was thinking this too, this is their 3rd WS appearance in the last 4. Roberts is 0-2 in the World Series, losing to Houston and Boston. Then they lost to the eventual WS Champions Nationals in the divisional series last year. If they lose to the Rays, he'll be 0-3 in WS appearances. At that point, is that finally enough to can him?

Sorry Lost, seems the Dodgers are stuck with the Marvin Lewis of Baseball.