• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah, I think the offensive line and wr situation has a better chance to figure it self out with what's already on the roster than the pass rush situation. We have seen Wink try everything to pressure the quarterback and it didn't have good results. We haven't seen Greg Roman try everything to get Miles Boykins and other receivers more involved on the offense to give guys like Brown and Andrews a break or atleast take advantage of the double coverage those guys are receiving.
That’s kinda what I’m saying though, we still have options to explore there and still have gelling to do, so they might have felt like the biggest needs, but in the grand scheme if we develop the feel for the game as a unit on offense throughout the season as one could reasonably expect, then the pass rush would be the biggest thing holding us back.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s kinda what I’m saying though, we still have options to explore there and still have gelling to do, so they might have felt like the biggest needs, but in the grand scheme if we develop the feel for the game as a unit on offense throughout the season as one could reasonably expect, then the pass rush would be the biggest thing holding us back.

You would think with the options at RG/C its gonna solidify. We gotta get Snead going at WR as another option.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Pass rush against better olines has been really weak with little ability to finish. Pass rush has feasted on weaker olines. Could you imagine if we were able to continue feasting on good olines? Should just turn us into turnover machines. And we already kind of are. It's just so annoying to me that we don't have this year's defense with last year's offense. I really feel like we squandered last year. When you're legitimately one of the best offenses of all time and the defense was more the respectable, quite good really, it sucks to be a first round exit. Here's to hoping we can have a second half turn around like last year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
SON OF A BITCH! were sending the vikings a fifth, i know the damage decosta can do with a fifth round pick but this is the vikings, we shouldve picked vedvik up again and just shipped him to minny for yannick flat out

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
We would have had to give up a 2nd to get Yannick from the Jags. Instead, we give up a third to the Vikings. That's just stupid.
Speaking of stupid, why do the Vikings even talk to us after that Vedvik trade?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i hope this means less snaps for judon, rather than less snaps for bowser, because bowser has been far and away the ravens best: edge rusher, AND coverage LB
(note im not including campbell in edge rushers)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i need Wink to handle this right, DONT GET CUTE WITH YANNICK! he is an EDGE RUSHER, hes got the bend, the burst, he disengages, he finishes, he does it around the edge, let the man eat where he eats best, dont get crazy with the zone drops and the stunts and the lining up on the interior bullshit, the pre snap confusion is great, but even more stressful is having everyone else cause confusion and deception and still knowing this one bastard on the edge is gonna be coming for you every time you drop back and could very well beat your OT.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
also, lets talk about this... we go from pass rush being the biggest weakness or 2nd biggest, we add one player, and now we have: ngakoue, campbell, wolfe, madubuike, bowser, judon, its crazy how you can have a group that isnt bad by any means but just cant get it done, and adding one star player turns a whole unit from a weakness to a major strength.

4 man rush with: ngakoue, campbell, madubuike, judon/bowser, and you can have all 5 of them on the line with the latter 2 being the guy who can either rush or drop or contain the screen as both bowser and judon are super solid at all 3. this could be a major turnaround for this defense come january

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Tbh, we only need our offense clicking for one team and thats kc and maybe steelers.. I think for all the other afc teams, we can win with mediocracy on offense long as it doesnt involve rolling out and 3yrd dump offs to tight end

Reactions: cdp