• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tbh, we only need our offense clicking for one team and thats kc and maybe steelers.. I think for all the other afc teams, we can win with mediocracy on offense long as it doesnt involve rolling out and 3yrd dump offs to tight end
and we need to catch the damn ball against the Titans

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We are signing Dez Bryant
Front office just wasn’t comfortable with AB and I don’t blame them. Dez can’t be any worse than Boykin and I liken him to Crabtree while he was here. Tough vet with a chip on his shoulder. Dez could’ve easily called it quits in regards to his career but I feel like he’s hungry. I’m not elated by any means, but it’s a solid signing.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
We have allowed fewer points than all but 1 team this year (Steelers). They have played one less game and have allowed only 10 fewer points than us.
Yannick has 5 sacks already this year.
This defense is going to be insane.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
well you did want Ramsey, so there is that.
You know, in the back of my mind, I never did find it feasible but that video of the Ravens’ locker room getting hyped up supposedly over the fact we were close to trading for him made it seem possible. Needless to say, I’m SO happy to have MP JUICE MAYYYYNE opposite Marlo.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Front office just wasn’t comfortable with AB and I don’t blame them. Dez can’t be any worse than Boykin and I liken him to Crabtree while he was here. Tough vet with a chip on his shoulder. Dez could’ve easily called it quits in regards to his career but I feel like he’s hungry. I’m not elated by any means, but it’s a solid signing.
If we are going to use him as a possession receiver, I hope his hands hold up. He certainly can drop a few.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i hope this means less snaps for judon, rather than less snaps for bowser, because bowser has been far and away the ravens best: edge rusher, AND coverage LB
(note im not including campbell in edge rushers)

bowser almost certainly wont see his snaps decrease in any meaningful way
most likely it'll just mean more rotation with mcphee playing fewer snaps, we'll see jaylon's snaps reduce again (certainly will see him against the pass even less than before)

but yannick is a rush LB not a Sam

on 3rd down i just see us as being more likely to use a racecar type package (like ken mckusick has mentioned many times in his writeups) where we get all our edge rushers on at once

the amount we see judon and tyus aligned inside between the ends has been really high this year - that's not a spot that ngakoue's going to rush from really

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we are going to use him as a possession receiver, I hope his hands hold up. He certainly can drop a few.
THIS is what I’m worried about. But he is savvy enough to find the soft spots and tough enough to go over the middle so that’s a plus. Just CATCH. THE DAMN. BALL.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
also, lets talk about this... we go from pass rush being the biggest weakness or 2nd biggest, we add one player, and now we have: ngakoue, campbell, wolfe, madubuike, bowser, judon, its crazy how you can have a group that isnt bad by any means but just cant get it done, and adding one star player turns a whole unit from a weakness to a major strength.

4 man rush with: ngakoue, campbell, madubuike, judon/bowser, and you can have all 5 of them on the line with the latter 2 being the guy who can either rush or drop or contain the screen as both bowser and judon are super solid at all 3. this could be a major turnaround for this defense come january

football is a matchup game - if you have 1 player who can beat a double team, everyone around them gets more space to work

rossihunter2

Staff Member

dez clearly wants to be in baltimore - everything he's shown has said he wants to be here

the practice squad is almost certainly a way to get him up to speed and see if he really can get that game fitness
as a PS WR he'll be going up against (and giving tough looks) against the best secondary in football - that's a great way to gauge whether he's going to add anything to our team