• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chances of a coaching change at OC this week?

Since it seems we have tried to make comparisons to 2012, the firing of *** came on December 10th, 2012 following a week 14 loss to Washington in OT. Perhaps we make the move sooner this time around but it's interesting we play the Giants and Bengals in weeks 16 & 17, much like we did in 2012.

Calling it now, if we can't beat the Steelers either time, they're going undefeated.

Remaining Steelers home games (in no particular order): us, Bengals, Jaguars, WFT
Remaining Steelers road games (in no particular order): us, Bengals, Bills, Colts, Browns

I saw the Steelers play Dallas next week and I'm just like... come on man. They have an easy road to 16--0, and Pittsburgh is the last team I'd want to ever end up with a perfect record and chasing 19-0.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m starting to question if we can win a super bowl with Lamar. His obsession to win and be great is why we all loved him but I’m starting to feel like it’s been overpowered by his obsession to silence doubters. You can not tell me lamar isn’t burying his face in the media coverage of himself, because they all say the same shit, can you come out and beat me with your arm? Can you pass if we shut down 89 and 15? And Lamar comes out forcing passes everywhere and turning it over and only targeting those guys I believe 2 times each.

a lot is on Roman, but Roman didn’t lose this game, and this isn’t the first time lamar has looked like absolute shit this year, the browns game frankly was the only quality game he’s had passing the ball all year. The only time we looked good on offense was when we removed Lamar’s arm from the equation, that’s a really fucking bad indictment on a guy we built our team and coaching staff around

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m starting to question if we can win a super bowl with Lamar. His obsession to win and be great is why we all loved him but I’m starting to feel like it’s been overpowered by his obsession to silence doubters. You can not tell me lamar isn’t burying his face in the media coverage of himself, because they all say the same shit, can you come out and beat me with your arm? Can you pass if we shut down 89 and 15? And Lamar comes out forcing passes everywhere and turning it over and only targeting those guys I believe 2 times each.

a lot is on Roman, but Roman didn’t lose this game, and this isn’t the first time lamar has looked like absolute shit this year, the browns game frankly was the only quality game he’s had passing the ball all year. The only time we looked good on offense was when we removed Lamar’s arm from the equation, that’s a really fucking bad indictment on a guy we built our team and coaching staff around
I will judge every player when the season ended.
Lamar has had his worst game since the chargers game. Offense still hasn't cleaned up mistakes and Roman still doesn't call screens to slow down the pass rush esp. now that Stanley is injured. What have they done during the bye week? I have no confidence to win a game if our run game isn't clicking.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I will judge every player when the season ended.
Lamar has had his worst game since the chargers game. Offense still hasn't cleaned up mistakes and Roman still doesn't call screens to slow down the pass rush esp. now that Stanley is injured. What have they done during the bye week? I have no confidence to win a game if our run game isn't clicking.
We’ve said for 3 weeks straight that Lamar has had his worst game since the wild card, pass rush is a problem and our star LT just went down for the year, and Lamar flat out is looking like a bad qb, he’s panicked consistently and missed many throws

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’ve said for 3 weeks straight that Lamar has had his worst game since the wild card, pass rush is a problem and our star LT just went down for the year, and Lamar flat out is looking like a bad qb, he’s panicked consistently and missed many throws
I think it’s undeniable that Lamar is struggling and it’s been evident for literally weeks. At this point, we no longer have just a QB problem but we have a coaching problem because our coaches should also see it. Considering that our coaches have made no adjustments, it now falls on them. IIRC even Mahomes had some bad games last year and coaching got them through it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Since MFs like to jinx us by showing patterns like winning reg. MVP one season by following it up with the SBMVP the following and now THIS:

I'mma say it right now. We are not winning the SB since 1) we're getting jinxed and 2) Madden Curse. If I am wrong, I will declare as of Monday, Nov. 2, that I will walk my ass into the Pit of Misery for the entire offseason and the entire 2021 season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Since it seems we have tried to make comparisons to 2012, the firing of *** came on December 10th, 2012 following a week 14 loss to Washington in OT. Perhaps we make the move sooner this time around but it's interesting we play the Giants and Bengals in weeks 16 & 17, much like we did in 2012.

I saw the Steelers play Dallas next week and I'm just like... come on man. They have an easy road to 16--0, and Pittsburgh is the last team I'd want to ever end up with a perfect record and chasing 19-0.
we outplayed the Steelers yesterday and basically gave them the win. We will beat them in Sh$tsburgh on Thanksgiving night in front of the nation.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let me be clear I want a new Qb if Lamar continues to play on yesterday's level. At some point he has to make some of these throws. Right now his throws are wild, overhasty, rushed, forced, wobbly and inaccurate. Roman is also off. However, there is only so much an OC can do. Qbs still have to read defenses and make the right decisions.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Let me be clear I want a new Qb if Lamar continues to play on yesterday's level. At some point he has to make some of these throws. Right now his throws are wild, overhasty, rushed, forced, wobbly and inaccurate. Roman is also off. However, there is only so much an OC can do. Qbs still have to read defenses and make the right decisions.
I agree to an extent I want to give Lamar the full 5 years we are only halfway through the season there is alot of football left but we gotta win these game for me to pay him a trillion dollars like he will get

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Since MFs like to jinx us by showing patterns like winning reg. MVP one season by following it up with the SBMVP the following and now THIS:

I'mma say it right now. We are not winning the SB since 1) we're getting jinxed and 2) Madden Curse. If I am wrong, I will declare as of Monday, Nov. 2, that I will walk my ass into the Pit of Misery for the entire offseason and the entire 2021 season.

Long as i been betting ive never betted on a team to win SB twice in row. What i mean by that is that i actually count them out lol. I got steelers and us winning at my bookie because i really couldnt see bills winning and a team winning SB 2x in a row is dam near impossible. However, some times i feel like we still have a chance then other times i feel like nobody can KC lol and now lamar just make me feel like we may have a first rnd exit again

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Fuck this season man

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing that's starting to really worry me is the last few weeks weve been saying

"That was Lamar's worst game in his career"

Seems to be a trend every week in this forum. Really worried about Lamars development

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So Marlon was on the “injury” report most of last week if I recall with an “illness”. I really hope we didn’t know and he tested negative and this is all just a coincidence because we as a team could get fucked hard by the virus and by the league

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing that's starting to really worry me is the last few weeks weve been saying

Seems to be a trend every week in this forum. Really worried about Lamars development[/
is it possible that we have seen the best already of what Lamar can do ? I’m increasingly worried about this .

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Seems to be a trend every week in this forum. Really worried about Lamars development
To be fair though, we were really spoiled last year with him and I attribute Lamar’s “regression” to an anomaly of a season/camp and this is essentially his sophomore slump. Maybe I’m just being optimistic but he has a lot going against him with I wrote above along with his offensive line, weapons or lack thereof, coaching, etc,. Honestly I’ve been kind of deflated since Ronnie’s injury yesterday and the news this morning with Marlon. Cases are popping up all the time and I think we see a delay in the season soon

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Marlon was on the “injury” report most of last week if I recall with an “illness”. I really hope we didn’t know and he tested negative and this is all just a coincidence because we as a team could get fucked hard by the virus and by the league

tenor.gif