• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So Marlon was on the “injury” report most of last week if I recall with an “illness”. I really hope we didn’t know and he tested negative and this is all just a coincidence because we as a team could get fucked hard by the virus and by the league
Yeah this is strange, like really strange

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Our running game was better yesterday because teams had been selling out to stop our rpo scheme. Yesterday we didn't do much of that and voila we had a pretty darn good game on the ground. Lamar had a really pathetic game, his worst as a Raven since the first playoff game against the Chargers. He won't be that bad for a very long time.

I know we are all upset at how bad he played yesterday and yes he's been off for basically most of the season, but we need to give him time to fix his flaws. I do believe Roman's play calling and the designs of some of these wr routes and not utilizing the best weapons to the fullest certainly isn't helping. That and our interior oline and now with Ronnie injured, it's going to be worse. Lets hope Orlando Brown and Fluker can hold up like they did yesterday.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We found our RB of the future in Dobbins. Hope we keep Gus to grind it out late in games. Dobbins is the real deal. Love his potential and reminds me SO much of Ray sans the left hook

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How do you guys think Lamar would fare in a traditional offense (under Center, drop back three steps and throw, lot of Singleback and I’s, etc.)? I’d like to see him get it out faster and makes checks and run when he needs too. Defenses know the HB dive out of Pistol is coming. I want to get to the edges with stretches and tosses. We can’t hide Lamar’s throwing any longer. If he wants a huge contract, he needs to prove he can hit all the throws like Flacco could.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
How do you guys think Lamar would fare in a traditional offense (under Center, drop back three steps and throw, lot of Singleback and I’s, etc.)? I’d like to see him get it out faster and makes checks and run when he needs too. Defenses know the HB dive out of Pistol is coming. I want to get to the edges with stretches and tosses. We can’t hide Lamar’s throwing any longer. If he wants a huge contract, he needs to prove he can hit all the throws like Flacco could.

I thought the offense would evolve this year into Lamar not having to run as much because as expected the defenses would be trying to take that aspect away. Getting the ball out a little faster is what I thought we would try to do against the Steeler front considering how easily the pushed up on Lamar when we wanted to pass. I am not sure its hiding Lamar's throws because it certainly did not look last year that he could not throw, but the issue for me is what schemes we have to get him some easy ones.

Big Ben had a few completions short that turned into decent gains. Not sure why we don't utilize that more. PA short routes etc.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Has Lamar taken a snap under center for some reason I can't think of one wouldn't that confuse the hell out of a defense lol

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would like to think the Ravens wouldn't go and play a player who they knew had the disease. I think that is very unlikely because that would be beyond negligent. I think it could be a couple of factors, such as false negative test, as well as perhaps the player thinking he was fine but wasn't. Sometimes we tell ourselves lies to get through stuff and don't want to believe the worst; however, I don't think Marlon would jeopardize his teammates like that.

Simba

Staff Member
I would like to think the Ravens wouldn't go and play a player who they knew had the disease. I think that is very unlikely because that would be beyond negligent. I think it could be a couple of factors, such as false negative test, as well as perhaps the player thinking he was fine but wasn't. Sometimes we tell ourselves lies to get through stuff and don't want to believe the worst; however, I don't think Marlon would jeopardize his teammates like that.

Yeah there's no way that happened. Players are tested daily, so whatever happened - false positive, delayed positive, whatever else - is the reality. We've already seen that these tests aren't 100% reliable. No team is going to be stupid enough to knowingly put a positive player out there on the field.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah there's no way that happened. Players are tested daily, so whatever happened - false positive, delayed positive, whatever else - is the reality. We've already seen that these tests aren't 100% reliable. No team is going to be stupid enough to knowingly put a positive player out there on the field.
Exactly, I just can't imagine we would do something like that. You would think we would try to get the game delayed if we thought that was possible due to who we played and how important it is and was to our season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How is it that the team with the biggest fan base and top 3 national media attention and more adoration worldwide than any American sports team has an inferiority complex? The fucking STEELERS FANS are all “will they give us our respect now??? Where’s our respect????” Bruh shut the fuck up lol y’all have had your hands held by the league literally forever. Now they’re all bitching and moaning that the ravens should be fined and forfeit a game because Humphrey tested positive, y’all just beat us, stfu and enjoy the win

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
How is it that the team with the biggest fan base and top 3 national media attention and more adoration worldwide than any American sports team has an inferiority complex? The fucking STEELERS FANS are all “will they give us our respect now??? Where’s our respect????” Bruh shut the fuck up lol y’all have had your hands held by the league literally forever. Now they’re all bitching and moaning that the ravens should be fined and forfeit a game because Humphrey tested positive, y’all just beat us, stfu and enjoy the win

Yea it's kind of wild how that works lol. It helps them when one of the biggest personalities on TV is a Steelers fan as well. They are still a little hurt from last year. Would they feel the same about their own players had it been reversed? Probably not.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I forgot who I was talking to about watching a game locally, think it was @ravenslord or @Ravensnation5220 but I checked out the Delray Brus Room for this last game and those dudes where WILD

Not sure I can get down with them again lmao

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Bruh, it's ABSURD. If it wasn't for us basically giving them the game, we would've basically slapped the flavor out of their mouths. Second time in a row where the Steelers front 7 got clapped up by our running game.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The BIG QUESTION everyone here is afraid to ask is have we seen the best Lamar ever will be in the NFL already????????
No, not at all. It’s been an anomaly of a year. He couldn’t attend minicamps and OTAs to get into a good rhythm with most of the starters. That’s a huge difference from just passing the ball to Hollywood and others in a park. Roman has been uncreative and the offensive line has been putrid. Lamar will be fine. This is essentially his sophomore slump.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, not at all. It’s been an anomaly of a year. He couldn’t attend minicamps and OTAs to get into a good rhythm with most of the starters. That’s a huge difference from just passing the ball to Hollywood and others in a park. Roman has been uncreative and the offensive line has been putrid. Lamar will be fine. This is essentially his sophomore slump.
I think the problem with this line of thinking is that he faced the same obstacles other QBs did. And many of them are playing a lot better than he is.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think the problem with this line of thinking is that he faced the same obstacles other QBs did. And many of them are playing a lot better than he is.
And many of them have better weapons and coaching, so I think it’s fair.