• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Maybe on your board he was, but receivers getting off of press coverage should be priority number 1. I have no doubt Hollywood will dominate if he's gets moved into the slot permanently, but he can't win consistently outside the numbers
actually, catching the ball is priority # 1

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Me: Done believing everything is lining up like it did it in 2012, I am done with 2012 theories.
NFL: Schedules a Wednesday Game for the first time since....... 2012.

Why can't it just go away....
Didn't we have a Wednesday game to start the season due to a conflict issue a few yrs ago?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder if Gary Kubiak would consider returning here as an assistant HC, OC or whatever title they chose. We’d still have a great rushing attack, I think he’d do a helluva job getting Lamar play-action game going. He knows how to involve TEs.
We'd have to move more towards a ZBS scheme if we brought Kubiak back.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
We just need someone to tear a biceps and then use deer antler velvet spray to come back for the postseason.

Don't forget a certain someone tearing their achilles if I'm not mistaken.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, the day we'd like for the Titans to be juggernauts they are getting destroyed by the CLOWNS! Go figure! :brickwall:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
What a beat down the Browns are giving the Titans....LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Zero help on the out-of-town scoreboard.

Jets 10 seconds away from beating the Raiders, give up a hail mary.
Texans with goal to go to beat Indy, fumble the snap.

Need to win out to have a chance I think

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So now, the 4-7 Giants are letting the Seahawks get back in this game and if they lose, that will give the 3-8 Cowboys (hoping for a WFT loss to the Steelers) new life coming into our game on Tuesday with their division still in reach. Don't let it happen Giants!

C'mon Giants!

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Here's how I see it.

The Browns have essentially made the playoffs. Today's win was impressive.

That gives you BAL, TEN/IND, LV, MIA fighting for 2 WC spots. One of IND/TEN is winning the South, so you have 4 teams fighting for 2 spots.

I think LV and MIA are the best hopes to drop out of the race, for a Raven fan.

MIA at 8-4 has KC, NE, LV, BUF
LV at 7-5 has IND, LAC, MIA, DEN

I can certainly see a path for the Raiders and Dolphins both losing at least 2 of the final 4.

Ravens just need to hold up their end of the bargain...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Ive never seen in the last 3 yrs us get a defense to jump offsides for a free play. Even when teams are slow to get defenders off the field, we seem to not catch them! Why is that? I know its a qb thing, but is it for offenses that usually pass alot?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ive never seen in the last 3 yrs us get a defense to jump offsides for a free play. Even when teams are slow to get defenders off the field, we seem to not catch them! Why is that? I know its a qb thing, but is it for offenses that usually pass alot?
It seems that the refs aren't allowing the free play to happen. The flag drops, but the whistle is immediately blown to stop any potential of a free play.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not one single game help us yesterday. Are the Browns that good? Doubt it. But the Titans always get up to play us.

We are probably going to need some help to make the playoffs this year.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here's how I see it.

The Browns have essentially made the playoffs. Today's win was impressive.

That gives you BAL, TEN/IND, LV, MIA fighting for 2 WC spots. One of IND/TEN is winning the South, so you have 4 teams fighting for 2 spots.

I think LV and MIA are the best hopes to drop out of the race, for a Raven fan.

MIA at 8-4 has KC, NE, LV, BUF
LV at 7-5 has IND, LAC, MIA, DEN

I can certainly see a path for the Raiders and Dolphins both losing at least 2 of the final 4.

Ravens just need to hold up their end of the bargain...
That is a brutal schedule for the Dolphins.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That is a brutal schedule for the Dolphins.
Agreed. I mentioned the same earlier.

The week 16 Dolphins/Raiders game is probably going to act as a playoff eliminator game.

Assuming the Ravens finish at least 10-6, I think we'll end up beating out both of those teams. The Raiders are playing some of their absolute worst football of the year at this point, and they're not a lock to win any game remaining on their schedule. They could lose each of their next three and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

The best hope for Miami's playoff chances it that Buffalo has at least a two game lead in the division heading into the final weekend, so that they'll rest their starters. I don't see Miami beating KC or Buffalo if both teams are playing to win, which obviously KC will be.

Regardless, we need to take care of business. We can stomach one more loss. Two losses and we're done for sure in my eyes, meaning can't really afford to get beat by a bad team like Dallas. Browns and Giants game no longer looks favorable for us, but if we play at a high-level, no reason we can't beat either.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
It seems that the refs aren't allowing the free play to happen. The flag drops, but the whistle is immediately blown to stop any potential of a free play.

Yeah, we've been able to draw teams offsides, but we're never allowed to get a free play off. I would be interested to see how other teams in the league fare with these "free" plays. Hard to say for sure, but the only team that I've seen that gets these plays off with any consistency is Green Bay.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we don't make the playoffs this year I will be pissed. It will be a complete fail of the entire organization. Failure to change the offensive playbook,failure to improve the offensive line and failure to control the Covid virus within the facilities .