• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why do you think RT is a need? We have Orlando Brown and Stanley will be back.

I was going to ask you what you guys think the need is but you kind of answered it. We always hear how OL is a huge need literally every offseason then it becomes a problem early on in the season then settles down later. Powers and Bozeman both look very good and honestly so does Mekari. Would that stop me from adding a top talent? Nope, it sure wouldn’t but I think we could definitely use a guy to play swing tackle. I would also love to get a C too, perhaps early even.

what position would you go in your top 5? I would think TE & WR would be high up there, CB included. For me right now I would have CB, S, Wr, TE, OL, DL as my highest priorities.
Round 1 I think wr, edge, iOL, and cb, in that order of importance.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
But what if he dances like a teenager on the Steelers logo?
f5ff5bda522d25d59215ee07b6527233.jpg

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why do you think RT is a need? We have Orlando Brown and Stanley will be back.

i probably should have phrased it better
i meant basically that RT was a mess right now because of those injuries so the weakest spot on the OL (outside of RT - because I'm ignoring it because it's down to injuries not to talent) was C

so i wasnt saying RT was a need - was just saying it's the biggest issue this year right now but C looks like the weakest spot on the OL the last few weeks

Francois Boulianne

Practice Squad
In some cases earlier in the year when we had enough dbs to consistently play dime we often took both MLBs off the field but left Bowser and Judon in there because of their coverage ability and their flexibility

but bowsers exceptional in coverage - he’s unlikely to ever be singled up vs a tight-end in man but he’s been great covering leaking backs and dropping into zones to take away a QBs first quick read (or more)

Tanks for the observations, much appreciated.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Which one of the starters don’t you like?

I'll be the first to admit that Elliott hasn't been as explosive/decisive on the back-end as a centre-fielder as i was hoping before he took over
that doesn't necessarily mean i dont think he will get better or that we need to replace him - because he's still been a good player on this defence

but he's not been amazing enough that I would turn down a chance to improve at the position

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Stanley Bozeman mekari powers Obj is a perfect line to me. Only problem is next year Bozeman hits free agency same year as Andrews obj Elliot& a ton others. You always need 6 good lineman. I have no faith in tyre Philips to ever be anything more than a guy the coaching staff just likes a lot.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
We fixed our line in Covid and skuras injury by harbs being forced to play the guys who actually have more talent vs who he just likes. Nepotism often kills this team. Harbs has it for the players and staff. Benching mark Ingram and Sakura made our running game blast off again. Who would have guessed that?? Oh. Every fan on this forum?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Also what’s the likelihood hella star players take a one year rental deal to try and re enter the market on high value? In this case singing a wr comes even harder. But anything else could be a really nice add

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Also I can’t be the only one super disappointed in yannick. Can we pay him the 20 mil he wants? For what? Shit run d and inability to finish?
My biggest fear is that Judon and yannick drive their sack numbers up against our last 3 shit games

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I know we don’t have pass rushers but idk what the fuck our problem in pass coverage is. I think we truly miss earl way more than people want to admit