• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
tbf that's been going through my brain for weeks - not sure I like any of the teams in the NFC this year - Packers might be good but they also sometimes arent

Chiefs have played down to their opponents in recent weeks but I still don't see how they aren't prohibitive favourites

the real superbowl may well be the AFC Championship game
The Championship games in both conferences for a long time was the real championship game. Actually when the NFC was winning all the Super Bowls for the string they had back in the 80s and 90s, it was the NFC Championship game.

Simba

Staff Member
So I saw an interesting question posed. If you could bring back any 1 offensive and any 1 defensive player in Ravens history for the playoff run, who would it be?

Like on offense, Ogden seems like the obvious choice. But could you justify a Boldin or Mason?

And then we have Ray and Ed on D so good luck choosing there.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So I saw an interesting question posed. If you could bring back any 1 offensive and any 1 defensive player in Ravens history for the playoff run, who would it be?

Like on offense, Ogden seems like the obvious choice. But could you justify a Boldin or Mason?

Boldin was my first thought but you're right Ogden's probably the best answer there

on defence im probably saying Ed - just because of what that does to the backend and the dime package

but if im ignoring the 3 HOFers then I'm going Boldin and then maybe CJ Mosley tbh

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Ed Reed and, drumroll..... Steve Smith

Reactions: cdp

Simba

Staff Member
Boldin was my first thought but you're right Ogden's probably the best answer there

on defence im probably saying Ed - just because of what that does to the backend and the dime package

but if im ignoring the 3 HOFers then I'm going Boldin and then maybe CJ Mosley tbh

Think of a prime Suggs though too

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad

For offense I think Boldin or Steve Smith are the best options. I think this offense needs a possession receiver who we can rely on to win on the outside more than we need a HOF tackle as weird as that sounds.

And on defense my answer has to be Ray. He's the reason why I'm a Ravens fan so I'm definitely biased but I think that he would help us shut down Henry and he wouldn't have been drawn out of position by all of the KC eye candy.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

O: Boldin
D: Reed

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Cj is the perecect Derrick Henry dropper. He struggled with fast pass catchers but he’d be perfect for Henry. Kinda sucks. Maybe he will come back

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

for me it's Ogden and Ed.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nope, if Stanley was in then maybe, but with Fluker and phillips at RT, nah
I'm on the fence on this one...

A premier edge rusher is #1 for me, so I'd probably take prime Suggs.

Is the Oline really a "problem" even without Stanley and with uncertainty at RT? Like I don't see an upgraded Oline as being the difference between SB or bust for this team. Lack of pass rush is certainly something that can stop us.

Somebody mentioned Boldin. I may go that route, or still take like prime Ray Lewis. Wasn't a world-beater in pass coverage, but the hustle and speed was legendary.

I think Ed Reed has a lot less value in today's game. Maybe against a Mahomes sure, but like a lot of teams just really don't take deep shots like they used to, and Reed routinely played like 10-15-20 yards off the ball. Teams would just attack underneath and he'd just be like a late line of defense that nobody threw at.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

On offense Ogden

Defense is easily Suggs for me or Ray Lewis

A1A

Veteran

Easy....J.O and #52

With Ogden we'd plow our way to the SB.
With Ray he'd have the 3rd string playing like all pros.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

100% ed reed and on offense, maybe yanda or steve smith

Reactions: cdp

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Is the Oline really a "problem" even without Stanley and with uncertainty at RT? Like I don't see an upgraded Oline as being the difference between SB or bust for this team. Lack of pass rush is certainly something that can stop us.

Somebody mentioned Boldin. I may go that route, or still take like prime Ray Lewis. Wasn't a world-beater in pass coverage, but the hustle and speed was legendary.

I think Ed Reed has a lot less value in today's game. Maybe against a Mahomes sure, but like a lot of teams just really don't take deep shots like they used to, and Reed routinely played like 10-15-20 yards off the ball. Teams would just attack underneath and he'd just be like a late line of defense that nobody threw at.
Ed reed has less value? Huh lol.. have you seen how well eddie jackson played 2 seasons ago? Or how great devin mccoruty has been in cvg for pats all these years.. they tried to not throw at ed reed literally, it didnt work

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I had the same exact thought, but you said it yourself... chiefs.

that’s why we need Ed Reed.

I’ll take our current team now to beat everyone but the chiefs, add Ed Reed and I think we have a shot.