• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Simba

Staff Member
i think there was clearly some other stuff going on while in baltimore that still hasnt come out and may never come out

because the texans players discussed earl thomas with the ravens in week 2 and after those discussions their locker room basically begged the texans not to sign Earl Thomas

What a huge misstep he was. Always knew he marched to the beat of his own drum but never would have expected this much. Say what you want about Pete Carroll, but he did well keeping most of these issues under wraps considering how volatile Thomas has been shown to be.

So much excitement when he was signed. Little did we know this is how it would end. He can't put down the drink and clearly has a problem.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What a huge misstep he was. Always knew he marched to the beat of his own drum but never would have expected this much. Say what you want about Pete Carroll, but he did well keeping most of these issues under wraps considering how volatile Thomas has been shown to be.

So much excitement when he was signed. Little did we know this is how it would end. He can't put down the drink and clearly has a problem.
Fucked up man, booze has been one of the most dangerous substances I’ve ever known, because you think you’re perfectly fine since it’s legal and socially acceptable to get hammered.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the athletic article that came out about Thomas seemed to suggest that those issues weren't there for most of his time in seattle - didnt really emerge as issues until he wanted an extension those last 1 or 2 years

Kam Chancellor was the glue for the legion of boom and Carroll got rid of most of the rest of them when Chancellor retired but ET was under contract so couldn't get rid

Simba

Staff Member
the athletic article that came out about Thomas seemed to suggest that those issues weren't there for most of his time in seattle - didnt really emerge as issues until he wanted an extension those last 1 or 2 years

Kam Chancellor was the glue for the legion of boom and Carroll got rid of most of the rest of them when Chancellor retired but ET was under contract so couldn't get rid

Interesting. Would be curious to read it. Should probably just get a subscription at some point lol

Nurps

MVP
I concur with the second to last statement of this paragraph. She must pay penance. She a Raven fan too?

She's South African but I have successfully brainwashed her during the Flacco Era that the football is the best ball. She's a hardcore Raven nowadays though we still root for the Springboks when its appropriate.