• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The most irritating part was Orlando never seemed to be a guy who'd post such stuff. If it was Judon ok, but Orlando?
EDC gotta hold the line.

It isn't about this year though. He is setting himself up for his FA payday which is going to be big for him which means there is no chance the Ravens can afford him and he likely will thus be traded for quite a nice haul.

Reactions: cdp

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't been on board often, in the last couple weeks. Where is the information showing Lamar being upset with Roman?

It's less Lamar and more the players liking certain posts on social media. I think he may have been involved in that as well, not sure. The posts exposed just how bad our passing offense is in regards to design

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He played better at LT than at RT, maybe his body never got used to the motions to play RT or something, but at LT he played the best ball of his career

i think it was more likely a combination of 2 things:
1) his conditioning got better
2) the offensive emphasis moved even further away from the passing game when ronnie went out which meant he faced fewer pass pro reps than earlier in the year

i just dont really see how another year at RT would in any way reduce his market or market value in the offseason next year

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
come on, we can create an Orlando Brown, Jr. short squeeze. HOLD HOLD HOLD out for 3 1st round picks

#Reddit/wsb

Hahaha I love it. #taptalk boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The most irritating part was Orlando never seemed to be a guy who'd post such stuff. If it was Judon ok, but Orlando?
EDC gotta hold the line.

I think Brown is laying the ground work for a trade next year. Which is fine, kid wants to get paid. However, he has no leverage this year and knows its. Simply letting teams know what’s to come to implementing their off season strategy.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
No team in the NFL is going to knock him for playing RT next season for the Ravens. The LT film is on tape and tackles are interchangeable and there have been so many RTs that have got huge contracts with new teams to play LT. He showed his versatility and will likely get a $20 million dollar contract after next season for a team not named the Ravens.

Simba

Staff Member
why? tackle is a very interchangeable position at this point and RT vs LT is much less important than it used to be
he's put the LT on tape - not sure how playing RT at a high level in 2021 would hurt his value...

This is why I think this whole thing is stupid, regardless if it’s him or his agent pushing this agenda. Dude is gonna get “LT money” when the time comes, whether that’s here or (more likely) elsewhere. Causing a stir with no leverage does nothing for him at this point. If he plays and plays well, he’s gonna get paid big money and likely the same regardless of whether or not it’s RT or LT.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is why I think this whole thing is stupid, regardless if it’s him or his agent pushing this agenda. Dude is gonna get “LT money” when the time comes, whether that’s here or (more likely) elsewhere. Causing a stir with no leverage does nothing for him at this point. If he plays and plays well, he’s gonna get paid big money and likely the same regardless of whether or not it’s RT or LT.

i think this whole thing has been completely overblown since the start - it was a tweet - yes it was a tweet that was clearly a statement but idk that it was anything more than that

Simba

Staff Member
i think this whole thing has been completely overblown since the start - it was a tweet - yes it was a tweet that was clearly a statement but idk that it was anything more than that

And if it is, I still think he’s making a huge mistake. All about getting your money but you need leverage and he has absolutely none on the last year of his rookie deal. He can sit out and probably still get paid but is it worth the risk?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think it was more likely a combination of 2 things:
1) his conditioning got better
2) the offensive emphasis moved even further away from the passing game when ronnie went out which meant he faced fewer pass pro reps than earlier in the year

i just dont really see how another year at RT would in any way reduce his market or market value in the offseason next year
Fair points, but these things could be on his mind, hence pushing the issue

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s the offseason, boys. Overblown reactions are what we do. My man JoeyFlex hasn’t even gotten into form yet, he still in regular season mode.

I do think you try to move Brown Jr if you can get a haul. If you can’t then you can’t, no biggie you just keep a great player for a year

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s going on with the uptick social media drama? Very much unlike a Ravens team.

Harbs needs to squash all this.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s the offseason, boys. Overblown reactions are what we do. My man JoeyFlex hasn’t even gotten into form yet, he still in regular season mode.

I do think you try to move Brown Jr if you can get a haul. If you can’t then you can’t, no biggie you just keep a great player for a year
If we move brown for a haul I’ll be flooding these pages with profanities

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we move brown for a haul I’ll be flooding these pages with profanities
I’m with you man, I’ll be carrying that flag as well. I like Brown a lot but we could use those picks. We could legit get a true game changer there. It really depends on the picks and team and the value of those picks.