• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Next Tuesday is June 1st, does anyone expect some trades to happen? Julio Jones? Aaron Rodgers? Any other player?
Julio will be traded. He said he wants to play with Cam in New England lmao. Have fun with that

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Folks, I'm getting ready to adopt a second Raven as my child. Of course no one can supplant my first born son, Lamar Jackson. He'll always be my favorite child, but I have room in my heart for one more and I therefore choose Odafe Oweh. Here on out, no more shitting on him please or you'll draw my ire. My ire is nothing to scoff at either. Just ask my malti-poo!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Folks, I'm getting ready to adopt a second Raven as my child. Of course no one can supplant my first born son, Lamar Jackson. He'll always be my favorite child, but I have room in my heart for one more and I therefore choose Odafe Oweh. Here on out, no more shitting on him please or you'll draw my ire. My ire is nothing to scoff at either. Just ask my malti-poo!

looks so far that he has the right mindset - we'll see if he can become the type of star that lamar's become

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Jayson Oweh sucks ass

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
looks so far that he has the right mindset - we'll see if he can become the type of star that lamar's become
I bring up my children really well my friend. They follow the 3 Ds - Discipline, determination and dedication. Also, the principle of the 5 Ps' - Prior preparation prevents poor performance. I teach my kids well or I'll simply cane them purple.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I bring up my children really well my friend. They follow the 3 Ds - Discipline, determination and dedication. Also, the principle of the 5 Ps' - Prior preparation prevents poor performance. I teach my kids well or I'll simply cane them purple.

I also subscribe to the 4 F’s.. Find em, Feel em, F#ck em, Forget em

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He along with everyone associated with the Niners have ZERO room to talk. If it wasn't for the lights, we're blowing them out of the stadium.
The niners were flailing, BAD. We had just sacked kaepernick for a huge loss to make it 3rd and long, like they were about to respond to jacobys kick return with a quick 3 and out and it would’ve been a wrap right there, they came back and converted that shit and rolled from there on.

anyone who denies the effect that the stoppage had is lying big time.

edit: just rewatched highlights, I was wrong about the sequence, they didn’t convert the third and long

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The niners were flailing, BAD. We had just sacked kaepernick for a huge loss to make it 3rd and long, like they were about to respond to jacobys kick return with a quick 3 and out and it would’ve been a wrap right there, they came back and converted that shit and rolled from there on.

anyone who denies the effect that the stoppage had is lying big time.

edit: just rewatched highlights, I was wrong about the sequence, they didn’t convert the third and long
Exactly. They had no answer to our offense or defense.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

What's the proper way to say your son's name? I keep seeing different pronunciations and need to know the official way. Thanks in advance.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Julio will be traded. He said he wants to play with Cam in New England lmao. Have fun with that

I think people are sleeping on NE this year. With all the FA additions they could be crazy good and contend with the Bills for the AFC East title. You should never underestimate the Hoodie.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just interested in how you wouldn’t compare to him to Clowney as a prospect lol
Clowney is much more a defensive end, while Oweh is an OLB. They have very similar combine measurable, no question about that and I feel Oweh has a high ceiling, just as Clowney did coming out of college. I also feel Clowney wasn't as raw as Oweh was coming out of college.

That's just my take, but I do feel Oweh has a pretty decent floor do to his ability to play the run, which will keep him on the field on first and second down.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The clowney comp is based on them both being disruptive to the point that they can wreck game plans without even showing up on the stat sheet, and they both do so by being absolute freaks

Oweh would need to develop more to become what clowney has become, but the comp is there IMO.
well in that case, I totally agree

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd also add to it that both play the run very well, and are both pretty much the same size
that's why he will have no problem playing 1st and 2nd downs and thats a big similarity to Clowney. Also why I believe he has a high floor.