• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
“ im not a package guy”... “ im not playing special teams”.. “ im an alpha male so i thought id bump heads with the other players”... even if what he is saying is true about harbaugh, i doubt thats the reason why he always have something negative to say about the guy.. its very very clear that his personality prolly clashed with harbaughs... only watched first 5mins

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I believe every word pollard says. I like harbaugh but this is definitely a problem he has. It’s obvious to all fans that he will cut a superior players snaps because they aren’t harbaugh guys. It’s his fatal flaw honestly

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
“ im not a package guy”... “ im not playing special teams”.. “ im an alpha male so i thought id bump heads with the other players”... even if what he is saying is true about harbaugh, i doubt thats the reason why he always have something negative to say about the guy.. its very very clear that his personality prolly clashed with harbaughs... only watched first 5mins

Every part of his comments makes me think he is not a person I would want on my team. He was an okay safety but not good enough to dictate that " I am not playing special teams". Then you have the stuff about him being an "alpha male" and "not a package guy" which tells me you are an awful teammate who cares more about himself then the team and again would make me not want you on the team.

Those comments make me fully support them getting rid of him. He isnt Ed Reed, he was an average to slightly above average player who talks like he is going to the HoF.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Every part of his comments makes me think he is not a person I would want on my team. He was an okay safety but not good enough to dictate that " I am not playing special teams". Then you have the stuff about him being an "alpha male" and "not a package guy" which tells me you are an awful teammate who cares more about himself then the team and again would make me not want you on the team.

Those comments make me fully support them getting rid of him. He isnt Ed Reed, he was an average to slightly above average player who talks like he is going to the HoF.
While I wasn’t pollards biggest fan, I’d say he has every right. He was a veteran, and a long time starter with a solid track record, and he’s looking out for his best interest.

The thing he’s trying to avoid is becoming just a special teams ace, let the coach screw your over once and put you on special teams while an absolute nobody starts over you, then mess around and end up stuck on special teams and now you’re worth nothing once your contract is up.

He was on a 1 year deal at the time and he wasn’t trying to let harbaugh ruin his appeal after that 1 year.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I wasn’t pollards biggest fan, I’d say he has every right. He was a veteran, and a long time starter with a solid track record, and he’s looking out for his best interest.

The thing he’s trying to avoid is becoming just a special teams ace, let the coach screw your over once and put you on special teams while an absolute nobody starts over you, then mess around and end up stuck on special teams and now you’re worth nothing once your contract is up.

He was on a 1 year deal at the time and he wasn’t trying to let harbaugh ruin his appeal after that 1 year.

And this is probably why he landed in Harbs' doghouse because we all know how he overvalues special teams. I mean, I get that special teams are important and can be the difference in winning/losing a game, but if you're already an established veteran like Pollard was then I think he had all the right to refuse playing them unless it was an emergency.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And this is probably why he landed in Harbs' doghouse because we all know how he overvalues special teams. I mean, I get that special teams are important and can be the difference in winning/losing a game, but if you're already an established veteran like Pollard was then I think he had all the right to refuse playing them unless it was an emergency.
Jimmy smith was a highly touted first round pick of ours and his rookie season was wasted on the very first snap because he sprained his ankle covering the opening kickoff. Not to say it couldn’t have happened on a regular defensive snap but goddamn the overvaluing of ST has been ridiculous under harbaugh

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jimmy smith was a highly touted first round pick of ours and his rookie season was wasted on the very first snap because he sprained his ankle covering the opening kickoff. Not to say it couldn’t have happened on a regular defensive snap but goddamn the overvaluing of ST has been ridiculous under harbaugh

I've always felt that ST should be reserved for players on the roster that are near the bottom of the depth chart and aren't going to see much playing time otherwise. Not to say that there can't be exceptions, but you don't want to risk injury to one of your best players especially when they've had to constantly change the rules to make ST "safer".

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm really excited for this season. This is probably the most athletic team we've had in the Harbaugh era. Speed all over the field on both sides.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Travel question. Never been to Canada before, want to go next year. Flying into Toronto(from Charlotte or BWI, not sure yet), is Air Canada the best airline to fly into Toronto? I'm waiting for MLB to release the 2020 schedule as I would like to line it up when the O's play The Blue Jays. All advice welcome.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Travel question. Never been to Canada before, want to go next year. Flying into Toronto(from Charlotte or BWI, not sure yet), is Air Canada the best airline to fly into Toronto? I'm waiting for MLB to release the 2020 schedule as I would like to line it up when the O's play The Blue Jays. All advice welcome.
Pay all that money to fly to Toronto just to watch your team lose

Tank

Hall of Famer

Not picking sides, but his points on not playing guys for favorites seems to ring true. Who knows, though.

I didn’t watch the video, but keep in mind Pollard had “problems” at every one of the four stops of his 9 year career. Not sure I’d take any of his opinions at face value.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I’ve been to Toronto but drove. It’s a cool city with plenty to see and do. You can get a weekly pass for their subway system and travel around. Be sure to go up in the CN Tower, it’s right next to Rogers Center. https://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/plan-your-visit/attractions/lookout.html

Niagra Falls is a short drive from Toronto. We went there first, Toronto and then hit the Baseball HOF and Saratoga Race Track on the way back to Maryland. All in all a pretty easy drive.

Tank

Hall of Famer
eh, Jimmy Smith could sprain his ankle getting out of his car.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ve been to Toronto but drove. It’s a cool city with plenty to see and do. You can get a weekly pass for their subway system and travel around. Be sure to go up in the CN Tower, it’s right next to Rogers Center. https://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/plan-your-visit/attractions/lookout.html

Niagra Falls is a short drive from Toronto. We went there first, Toronto and then hit the Baseball HOF and Saratoga Race Track on the way back to Maryland. All in all a pretty easy drive.
My wife took me to Toronto on a surprise 40th Bday. We flew into Buffalo, went to Niagara on the Lake for a few days at a Bed n Breakfast. Then drove in our Mustang rental to Toronto for the rest of the trip. Make sure you hit greek town and one of the korean towns. Also eat at Duffs in Buffalo for Wings!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My wife took me to Toronto on a surprise 40th Bday. We flew into Buffalo, went to Niagara on the Lake for a few days at a Bed n Breakfast. Then drove in our Mustang rental to Toronto for the rest of the trip. Make sure you hit greek town and one of the korean towns. Also eat at Duffs in Buffalo for Wings!
Pretty good memory considering it was nearly 20 years ago!

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
With Pollard, it's kinda hard for a safety on the Ravens to say he's a starter and not here to play special teams when Ed Reed (best safety in franchise history and top 3 in NFL history) was a special teams ace and some of his best highlights are on special teams. Even the 2000 defense had James Trapp. The backup SS who did sub in pretty often as a seek and destroy type of defender, and was the best gunner in the league, greatly helping out the field position battle.

Last edited: