• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eh, I don’t blame their GM now that I think about it. We’d be trying to sell Hayden as a 1st when he’s 25 or 26. I know that front office is stupid, but they’re not THAT stupid. We’d have to up it to two 1sts (which I’d do) and take out Hayden. They can’t have him at that point lol
Hayden Hurst is a JAG that's 100% a match

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
That is not a bad offer we made if that was the case.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jalen Ramsey, Jimmy Smith, Humprhey??

EXCUSE ME?

I am not even talking about Tavon Young added to that mix..

Scary

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I liked the quote from Greg Roman this week about Jackson facing Mahomes:

We might be seeing the next Brady–Manning matchupIt may be a tad early to put Lamar on the same plane as Mahomes, but it's fun to imagine we may be looking at having one of the league's elite quarterbacks to root for for the next 10 years or more.

I like to look at odd connections and 'what ifs' that crop up in NFL drafts.

Recall in the 2017 draft KC traded up to Buffalo's #10 pick in order to take Mahomes. It cost them their first rounder (27) a third rounder, and their first rounder in 2018.

That 2018 first round pick ended up being #22 overall. Buffalo sent it the Ravens so they could move up to #16 (LB Tremaine Edmunds).

The Ravens then flipped #22 to the Titans (along with a sixth round pick, falling back to #25 (Hurst) and also getting #125.

So what happened with pick #125? The Ravens packaged it with their second round selection, and their 2019 second round pick to move back up and draft Lamar Jackson.

So the future 2018 first round pick KC gave up so they could draft Mahomes in 2017 ended up in the Ravens hands, who parlayed it into the Lamar Jackson pick.

Drafting Mahomes cost the Chiefs two first rounders (27 & 22) and a third (91)

Drafting Jackson cost the Ravens two second rounders (52 & 53). They also moved down seven spots in the fourth round (125 to 132) where they drafted Jaleel Scott.

If Jackson and Mahomes really end up being relative equals in the NFL, you have to applaud Eric Decosta for the relative price paid.
So ozzie wasnt responsible for drafting lamar? Well im sure they both agreed since eric was taking over but you think it was mainly eric?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Eric really offered that then I think Ramsey ends up a raven. They’re gonna wait it out, see that no team offers as much, Ramsey is gonna keep acting up, and we’ll be sitting right there with an evil grin when they call back

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If Eric really offered that then I think Ramsey ends up a raven. They’re gonna wait it out, see that no team offers as much, Ramsey is gonna keep acting up, and we’ll be sitting right there with an evil grin when they call back
Still don’t know how true it is though. Jeff Z claims he hasn’t heard anything. Apparently the Jags prefer to keep Jalen but maybe that’s just to drive his price up.

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Yeah as really it was an offer that was turned down. Wonder if they will regret it in the long run.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

After a week of speculation, the #Jaguars currently have no deal in the works to trade star CB Jalen Ramsey, and one source said the longer this goes on, the more likely it is he stays. Meanwhile, Ramsey’s trade request still stands. The wait for clarity continues.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

After a week of speculation, the #Jaguars currently have no deal in the works to trade star CB Jalen Ramsey, and one source said the longer this goes on, the more likely it is he stays. Meanwhile, Ramsey’s trade request still stands. The wait for clarity continues.

extra detail from mike garafolo:

Asking price is too high. Doesn’t look like anyone is going to match it right now, nor does it look like the #Jaguars are going to lower it. Unless one or the other happens, nothing percolating.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Ramsey will sit out until he gets traded

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Honestly if he disliked The Jags that bad then he probably wouldnt have played on Thursday. Makes no sense for him to request a trade and risk himself getting hurt in the process by playing on Thursday night. It also doesn't make alot of sense for The Jags to trade one of thier best player in divison thats very winniable for them. Ramsey problem with The Jags isnt with the coaching staff or teammates but instead with Tom Coughlin.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don’t think he would do that. All his teammates love him. He doesn’t seem like the type to sit out if he’s still on the team

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Exactly what I was saying

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t think he would do that. All his teammates love him. He doesn’t seem like the type to sit out if he’s still on the team

yeah a lot of his off-field problems seem a bit over-blown just because everyone's had the bar for controversy set by AB
Ramsey's a guy who seems to cause a stir and obviously is now an unhelpful story but by all accounts he's still a leader on his team, he's still respected in that locker room etc., still puts all the work in...

the only concern is that part of the reason for him asking for a trade (privately to be fair - it was the jags who released the trade request not him or his agents etc.) is due to his desire not to play a specific way despite his coordinator deeming it to be the best way for the team to play

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
yeah a lot of his off-field problems seem a bit over-blown just because everyone's had the bar for controversy set by AB
Ramsey's a guy who seems to cause a stir and obviously is now an unhelpful story but by all accounts he's still a leader on his team, he's still respected in that locker room etc., still puts all the work in...

the only concern is that part of the reason for him asking for a trade (privately to be fair - it was the jags who released the trade request not him or his agents etc.) is due to his desire not to play a specific way despite his coordinator deeming it to be the best way for the team to play
I mean no matter what team he plays for the defense isnt gonna be ran how he wants it... i kinda think its more to it

GG.exe

Practice Squad
whats happened to Kenny Young this season??