• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not sure I agree with his assessment of Bateman. I think he could’ve gone over 1,000 had he played the entire season

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/20/bleacher-report-re-grades-ravens-2021-draft-haul/

worth pointing out this guy clearly hasnt watched most of these teams at all and clearly hasnt actually researched particularly well because apparently shaun wade played in 3 games for us this year...

his grades are entirely based on stats without context - the only player he gave context on was bateman with the injury and clearly hasnt actually watched him play lol

if you're going to take a re-grade article seriously at least make it one where the writer actually has put in even a modicum of effort

and the grades dont really follow much of a trend so i wouldnt worry about any of it lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
worth pointing out this guy clearly hasnt watched most of these teams at all and clearly hasnt actually researched particularly well because apparently shaun wade played in 3 games for us this year...

his grades are entirely based on stats without context - the only player he gave context on was bateman with the injury and clearly hasnt actually watched him play lol

if you're going to take a re-grade article seriously at least make it one where the writer actually has put in even a modicum of effort

and the grades dont really follow much of a trend so i wouldnt worry about any of it lol
Dang, I didn't even notice any of that lol. I just read the Bateman bit and got mad. Thanks for the heads-up lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm sick of the positional value BS. If Linderbaum is there at 14, I hope we run to the podium with the card

rossihunter2

Staff Member
pretty impressive, although I'm not sure I'm that inthralled with D'Anton Lynn. This was his first year as DB coach with the Ravens and there were so many communication errors this season and players running into each other. It seemed like it happened every game. I don't know whether it is the coaching or was it due to having so many young players forced into the game action.

he was the new DB coach but Chris Hewitt is still the secondary coach and pass game coordinator on defence and has been the leader of that group for a few years now

given that a lot of it was communication with lots of new faces and changing faces it seems more likely it was down to the moving parts in the group that caused the issues rather than poor communication - not many busts down to poor technique

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm sick of the positional value BS. If Linderbaum is there at 14, I hope we run to the podium with the card

i hope we dont - i hope there's someone higher on our board

i dont think linderbaum's a great fit and i think as athletic as he is he's got some limitations that make me struggle to see him as this generational centre talent

if we were more of an outside zone team then he's about as perfect a prospect as you could ask - and if we do draft him then there's a lot of things to love about him but i dont know that the fit's great here

he's a 1st round talent for sure and if i was scouting for every team then he'd probably end up higher on my board than when i put the board together for the ravens

i will not be mad at all about linderbaum if he's the pick - just think there will be better fits

JAAM

Hall of Famer
i hope we dont - i hope there's someone higher on our board

i dont think linderbaum's a great fit and i think as athletic as he is he's got some limitations that make me struggle to see him as this generational centre talent

if we were more of an outside zone team then he's about as perfect a prospect as you could ask - and if we do draft him then there's a lot of things to love about him but i dont know that the fit's great here

he's a 1st round talent for sure and if i was scouting for every team then he'd probably end up higher on my board than when i put the board together for the ravens

i will not be mad at all about linderbaum if he's the pick - just think there will be better fits
Interesting! I’m curious if we’ll try and sign someone like Jensen which could push Linderbaum further down the board. I’ve watched him, Sauce, and Ekwonu so far. Would you take Sauce over Linderbaum?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he was the new DB coach but Chris Hewitt is still the secondary coach and pass game coordinator on defence and has been the leader of that group for a few years now

given that a lot of it was communication with lots of new faces and changing faces it seems more likely it was down to the moving parts in the group that caused the issues rather than poor communication - not many busts down to poor technique
Ah, thank you. I had forgotten that Hewitt didn't get the job with the Jags. I only saw D'Anton Lynn's name and completely missed Hewitt's name on the coaching staff list on BR.com.

Thanks for clearing that up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting! I’m curious if we’ll try and sign someone like Jensen which could push Linderbaum further down the board. I’ve watched him, Sauce, and Ekwonu so far. Would you take Sauce over Linderbaum?

not sure yet - ive got them both at the same grade tier right now (along with a load of other guys) - wont be stacking different positions together on the board for a while

but right now id say probably yeah id take sauce over him