• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
no question they should be above average at their job, but that doesn't mean they need to be above average from the get go. He is 11th in the league at having punts downed inside the 20.

Do punters really become better over time?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Your mom held my nuts last night. They were her thanksgiving dessert
Screenshot_20210529-200241_YouTube.jpg

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Do punters really become better over time?
oh absolutely. Without question they get better over time. Most punters don't do directional punting in college and it's something they have to get used to and again use a different ball. Same thing with kickers, they get better over time. Kickers use a different has in college and a different ball. I remember Nick Lowery back in the day was on 7 teams before ending up with the Chiefs and he was a great kicker.

Everything has to be instantaneous gratification with you. I feel sorry for your girlfriends...slow and steady

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ayy lmao

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
@RavensMania what’s up with you saying Hamilton isn’t as big as Taylor over on RSR? Hamilton is two inches taller and 8 pounds heavier

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@RavensMania what’s up with you saying Hamilton isn’t as big as Taylor over on RSR? Hamilton is two inches taller and 8 pounds heavier
I was referring to weight, not height and I'm wrong

That being said, he doesn't have the speed that Taylor had but he's going to be a damn good player and I always thought that. He was my favorite player in the draft.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Literally just said that Hamilton is 8 pounds heavier than Sean Taylor was. 212 vs 220
I quickly skimmed your message and yes you are right. My mistake

That being said, players are bigger now so I'm not sure what a typically safety was back in the mid 2000's

Although they aren't your typical Safety, Ed Reed was 205 lbs and Troy Polomalu was 207. Players sizes now are just not the same as they used to be