• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I found this very interesting, showing total games missed vs total wins. It is through week 14. I also found it interesting how healthy the Steeler are.

View attachment 381

interesting how injuries kind of even out a bit too - we've not had serious injuries for a while to high quality players and have been able to adjust but teams like the steelers, rams, eagles are just starting to be affected by injuries in the season

its incredible actually how well the ravens have done due to injuries but its interesting how a lot of teams are coming towards the mean a little bit in injury terms...

but yeah those injuries are horrendous man...
where'd you find the graphic?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
interesting how injuries kind of even out a bit too - we've not had serious injuries for a while to high quality players and have been able to adjust but teams like the steelers, rams, eagles are just starting to be affected by injuries in the season

its incredible actually how well the ravens have done due to injuries but its interesting how a lot of teams are coming towards the mean a little bit in injury terms...

but yeah those injuries are horrendous man...
where'd you find the graphic?
It’s in mangameslost.com. They have it for all sports but require a paid membership. Someone I know sent it to me. He’s a member of another board for another team.

Next year I may pay the 20.00 membership fee. It’s 20 for all sports and 12 for just nfl. The articles look interesting.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Really good article “Ghost to the Post”

Towards the end of the article it has a little bit of information about how Irsay lost the fan support because he was shopping the team everywhere he went.

I also remember listening to this game on the radio. It was blacked out because it didn’t sell out 72 hours in advance.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2017/12/21/guest-blog/ghost-post-part-2/

I was at that game. Colts had it in hand and inexplicably went super conservative at the end. Double OT loss........ Sad Christmas for a young Colts fan.

Irsay was a new owner that weaseled his way into Baltimore when Georgia wanted to move to the west coast. He lost the fans as soon as he got here when he forced the trade of Johnny U to the Chargers. Who the hell trades Johnny freakin Unitas for God’s sake. Even if the guy never stepped foot on the field again he would have been a huge asset to the organization. Anyway, Robert Irsay has to go down as the worst NFL owner ever.

K-Dog

MVP
Random thought....
Remember on the old boards..... we got into a conversation about the Seven Nation Army chant. Some people had grown tired of it ( not me ) and wanted to come up with an alternative.

One suggestion was "Bohemian Raposity ".
Every time I hear that song ( like today ) I laugh because I think of " Galileo ....Galileo ...." going back and forth from one end of the stadium to the other.
It would be impossible to pull off, but it would be EPIC.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was at that game. Colts had it in hand and inexplicably went super conservative at the end. Double OT loss........ Sad Christmas for a young Colts fan.

Irsay was a new owner that weaseled his way into Baltimore when Georgia wanted to move to the west coast. He lost the fans as soon as he got here when he forced the trade of Johnny U to the Chargers. Who the hell trades Johnny freakin Unitas for God’s sake. Even if the guy never stepped foot on the field again he would have been a huge asset to the organization. Anyway, Robert Irsay has to go down as the worst NFL owner ever.
i don’t know, there is one bad owner just 40 miles south, that could rival any owner in any sport as the worst owner. I get your point though.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Random thought....
Remember on the old boards..... we got into a conversation about the Seven Nation Army chant. Some people had grown tired of it ( not me ) and wanted to come up with an alternative.

One suggestion was "Bohemian Raposity ".
Every time I hear that song ( like today ) I laugh because I think of " Galileo ....Galileo ...." going back and forth from one end of the stadium to the other.
It would be impossible to pull off, but it would be EPIC.
That's not unheard of. Well maybe not as hard as Bohemian Rhapsody would be but sounds good (from 25s)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
CLEAN FUCKING HOUSE!!!!!!!!!
Yea, it might be time. I’ll be fine with changes at both coordinator positions with a short leash on Harbs, though.

Pitta's New Hip

Practice Squad
Yea, it might be time. I’ll be fine with changes at both coordinator positions with a short leash on Harbs, though.

Idk why it took so long for some of you guys to realize pees is garbage. We've struggled with leads the whole time he was here. He nearly cost us the superbowl against the 49ers