• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Gillmore missed games and and his long term durability was questioned, hindsight tells us those concerns were right.

As for Perriman well what else is there to say? All we've seen is two lame duck seasons and the confirmation that hes injury prone. Maybe theres no connection to his family disease but his father says he still feels lingering effects so I wont rule out a link. You want to come up with some context or silver lining? thats fine, they dont need someone to defend their honor its not personal.
Last year was not a lame duck season at all. Especially since he went two years without a training camp.

Its not about defending honor its about the fact that you invented a cause to an effect which would make just as much sense as if I said "His hair is this shade so therefore THAT is the cause of his injuries". The injury bug did not really affect Perriman until he made it to the pros in the same way that it ends up biting other people. Once you get injured you are more likely injured again which is why injury history matters but that doesnt make you immune from injury when you hit the NFL. Some players just get bit by the bug once they hit the NFL.

Thats not the discussion or a point that Im arguing, Steve Smith said you cant control injuries which is true but you can minimize them by placing a premium on durability, all the talent in the world doesnt help our team if its not on the field. I guess the context is what counts here and if we're splitting hairs then thats fine, its ok to disagree.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gillmore missed games and and his long term durability was questioned, hindsight tells us those concerns were right.

As for Perriman well what else is there to say? All we've seen is two lame duck seasons and the confirmation that hes injury prone. Maybe theres no connection to his family disease but his father says he still feels lingering effects so I wont rule out a link. You want to come up with some context or silver lining? thats fine, they dont need someone to defend their honor its not personal.
What I'm saying is we didn't draft an injury prone player in perriman, we drafted a player and he became injured, and the following season became injured again but returned by week 1 and went on to have a solid season all factors considered. Don't know where the lame duck thing is coming from.

What I'm saying is we didn't draft an injury prone player in perriman, we drafted a player and he became injured, and the following season became injured again but returned by week 1 and went on to have a solid season all factors considered. Don't know where the lame duck thing is coming from.

I said hes a lame duck because hes constantly hurt, and sure maybe there was no way to predict just how gimpy he was going to be but two years ago I pointed those articles out as one of a few reasons why I didnt like the pick (I wanted Landon Collins, I though Elam was a bust from the start). Anyways maybe lame duck is a bit harsh but I cant be the only one who thinks 3TDs in two seasons is a bad return on our investment?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I said hes a lame duck because hes constantly hurt, and sure maybe there was no way to predict just how gimpy he was going to be but two years ago I pointed those articles out as one of a few reasons why I didnt like the pick (I wanted Landon Collins, I though Elam was a bust from the start). Anyways maybe lame duck is a bit harsh but I cant be the only one who thinks 3TDs in two seasons is a bad return on our investment?
I'll be looking forward to hearing from you at thr end of the season, because he is going to break out in a big way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What kind of numbers are you thinking? Id love nothing more than to be proven wrong about him.
I'm thinking 800 yards and maybe 7 TDs. I was over 1000 before Maclin got here.

Remember this is the first training camp that he is having a chance to practice and last years OTAs he couldn't practice with Flacco. Perriman having 500 yards last year was no small feat and in line with Demaryius Thomas 2nd season. Thomas has 32 receptions for 551 yards and he had a rookie year prior to that.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well, context never hurts. 26th overall pick, freak injury rookie year, yet to have a training camp, and was brought along slowly behind Steve smith, mike Wallace, and Dennis Pitta who all had good seasons. I'd say what he did given the situation was pretty good.

Hell after one season Landon Collins looked like he was gonna be a middle of the pack totally average safety, his year 2 leap was massive and probably unexpected by most. Perriman in year one flashed plenty for us to feel like it's gonna turn out to be a good pick. Some draft picks just don't pan out right away, it doesn't make them busts

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, context never hurts. 26th overall pick, freak injury rookie year, yet to have a training camp, and was brought along slowly behind Steve smith, mike Wallace, and Dennis Pitta who all had good seasons. I'd say what he did given the situation was pretty good.

Hell after one season Landon Collins looked like he was gonna be a middle of the pack totally average safety, his year 2 leap was massive and probably unexpected by most. Perriman in year one flashed plenty for us to feel like it's gonna turn out to be a good pick. Some draft picks just don't pan out right away, it doesn't make them busts
We are hoping for the same from KC.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We are hoping for the same from KC.
And both guys were well documented as development players. I mean seriously, name a guy besides Byron jones(who was considered more developmental than even perriman) who had 1/10th of perrimans upside at 26.

The correa pick was a head scratcher for me, I liked him, liked his film, but knew he was a work in progress. I was surprised just how bad he was as a rookie but I always maintained he had huge potential and wasn't ready to give up on him.

I just don't get how people can shout bust at obvious developmental guys after one year

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thats cool. But hearing that UDFA receivers had good practices doesnt inspire too much optimism for me. Always hear this every year, and then they dont make the team or actually contribute.

UDFA LB, DL, or maybe even an OL? Ok, i can buy it. But an UDFA at a skill position? Yawn...

There you go again.......sleeping on future high performers. Tim White is the real deal. Hopefully both he and Ben can avoid the coven of Haitian voodoo princesses working for the pats and steelers. haha

Tank

Hall of Famer
LMAO at people thinking all the injuries have been occuring because practices are "too tough". These guys have it comparitively easy due to CBA restrictions. If anything the unbelievable frequency is due to lack of training, strength and conditioning.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
LMAO at people thinking all the injuries have been occuring because practices are "too tough". These guys have it comparitively easy due to CBA restrictions. If anything the unbelievable frequency is due to lack of training, strength and conditioning.
Exactly

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
One thing I wish is that we would've gone out and got Mike McCoy as our offensive coordinator. The Chargers of late have had an egregious o-line and maybe are one of the only teams that can rival us for injuries but they always found a way to be competitive and have a productive offense. Granted it didn't translate to wins though but they made more with less.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing I wish is that we would've gone out and got Mike McCoy as our offensive coordinator. The Chargers of late have had an egregious o-line and maybe are one of the only teams that can rival us for injuries but they always found a way to be competitive and have a productive offense. Granted it didn't translate to wins though but they made more with less.
They also just lost Lamp for the season to a torn ACL.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
D lineman and UDFA Patrick Ricard impressed in OTA'S and continues to earn praise in training camp.
One of the players I'm excited to see get reps next Thursday.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
D lineman and UDFA Patrick Ricard impressed in OTA'S and continues to earn praise in training camp.
One of the players I'm excited to see get reps next Thursday.
I honestly find it hard to be excited about any player other than Tim Williams.

My excitement for him simply drowns out any potential excitement for any other player.

It's quite an empty feeling, all good news to me is meh unless it's about Tim Williams