• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NFL Combine

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Isaiah Simmons runs a 4.39!

Not surprizing since he's a safety being made into an ILB. I cant see him as a true mike.

Really surprized not much more being talked about lol when this is edge,DT and linebacker day which we need drastically. Is there kidnappings we don't know about lol. Really a lot of good prospects today and I'm gonna watch more of Gallimore.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We need to come away with two of the defensive lineman in this class, maybe three. Their 40's were incredible.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can anybody tell me more about Khalil Davis (Nebraska)? He tested extemely well i.e. 4th best 40 ever for guys above 300lbs.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I'll take one Gallimore and one Raekwon Davis please... covers Ozzie's passion for Alabama and Eric's passion for Oklahoma.
maybe I'm missing something with Davis, but he just does not look good to me. He plays with his pads way up high, he labors in his pursuit, and his rip move is the only thing that may be above average. He needs to drop about 10-15 pounds imo to gain some burst that makes Kinlaw so good. I'd take him in the third but not before that

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
maybe I'm missing something with Davis, but he just does not look good to me. He plays with his pads way up high, he labors in his pursuit, and his rip move is the only thing that may be above average. He needs to drop about 10-15 pounds imo to gain some burst that makes Kinlaw so good. I'd take him in the third but not before that
I dnt see it neither even though i dislike bama defensive players

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can anybody tell me more about Khalil Davis (Nebraska)? He tested extemely well i.e. 4th best 40 ever for guys above 300lbs.

I cant give you a lot of info but I do watch a lot of Big 10 football which is my favorite and what I've seen of Nebraska I saw him lining up as mostly a 5 tech even in a 4-3 and he made his share of plays. Would be a solid day 3 pick and a rotational player with upside.

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member

he's not shown much in the passing game but he is so good 2-gapping vs the run and has traits that mean he could develop - he should be better and more dominant than he is but he does have some qualities that make him a nice prospect probably around the 3rd round maybe towards the end of the 3rd round would be good value depending on who else is available - i think he's a top 10 DL in the class but there's a gap between the top 8 and him at 9 (as i have it on my board)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i was away last night but im looking at the testing and so many DL, EDGE and LBs just didnt take part in any of the drills or testing - i mean maybe they all were worried about testing poorly and tanking their stock - AJ Epenesa surely lost himself some money as now his position fit could be called into question on the EDGE

but i would really have liked to see Troy Dye's 40 time and some of the 10 yd splits for some of the edge guys

but i do understand especially with both Murray and Queen getting injured in the 40

JO_75

Hall of Famer
i was away last night but im looking at the testing and so many DL, EDGE and LBs just didnt take part in any of the drills or testing - i mean maybe they all were worried about testing poorly and tanking their stock - AJ Epenesa surely lost himself some money as now his position fit could be called into question on the EDGE

but i would really have liked to see Troy Dye's 40 time and some of the 10 yd splits for some of the edge guys

but i do understand especially with both Murray and Queen getting injured in the 40

Then you add what just happened to Jeff Okudah.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad

AJ Epenesa might be a legitimate possibility for us now. Would love the fit.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
AJ Epenesa might be a legitimate possibility for us now. Would love the fit.
with the measurables he posted at the combine I think he would be better off adding a few pounds and playing 3T for us rather than as an edge rusher. I compare him to Arik Armstead.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
with the measurables he posted at the combine I think he would be better off adding a few pounds and playing 3T for us rather than as an edge rusher. I compare him to Arik Armstead.
I just don’t agree with that. He can play both, don’t limit him to one. As he is now you can essentially find the weakest link on the OL and just send him there all day, a rare breed. Epenesas first step and bend off the edge are straight up disrespected, he’s big af and not super explosive, so people are just pigeonholing him. Epenesa would be one of the best case scenarios for us

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Edgar pointed out on his 2nd Murray video and ive seen it from other analysts that Murray is a liability in goal-to-go situations (but does it all over the field too) just consistently over-running gaps and then not recovering or tackling with any strength - but also ive started to see him just go screaming downhill on some zone-read plays where i just dont know what he's looking at
Why can't I shake the feeling that we will draft him at 28?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why do I get the feeling that our #28 choice will be on offense, more particularly the BPA. It could be RB, OL or WR the top player on our board at the time we pick.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I expect them to look extremely hard for a trade down.