• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NFL Combine

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ER1qVQYWsAAT7fd

only bad thing was his short shuttle - which tbf was appalling lol

we know the ravens like their RAS scores though lol

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i really wonder how much the time changing affected the way some of these guys tested
It certainely affects them. They all follow a strict workout routine and most of them start in the morning and later on a 2nd session.
I mean even I notice a difference when working out at different times.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It certainely affects them. They all follow a strict workout routine and most of them start in the morning and later on a 2nd session.
I mean even I notice a difference when working out at different times.
I figured out a way to beat that - I don't work out at all.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
@rossihunter2 @allblackraven aftwr seeing that mims is actually a great athlete, which was hard to gauge from that goddamn Baylor film, I’m getting Julio vibes, I don’t remember another receiver who could make the catches that he makes, who can play at that size and have legitimate burner speed, and is more than fluid and shifty enough to create separation and also uses that big body to stay unpressed and consistently win leverage when big body rookie wrs usually struggle with that exact thing.

like I want us to get a lb or ol or edge, but damn if mims becomes what I think he can and we pass on him, I’m gonna be upset lol. This guy with pro coaching could be something special.

I was going to say don't get wrapped up in all those 40 times and all that shit but since I've been off this week I have done some WR watching so I pulled up some Denzel Mims and damn I cant find nothing bad to say. A willing blocker, great freaking hands, good burst off the los. The only negative maybe he could cut a little better but damn that's some serious nitpicking. Yeah I'd take him at 28 even tho I really want some front 7 help. I watched full tapes of the Kansas St game ( where he really didn't do much but I noticed his willing to block ) and the Texas game which is an eye opener and then finished it off with a highlight reel. You probally already seen it but I'm showing it again since it showcased so much.

Its gotten to the point where I believe Jeudy,Ruggs,Lamb and J Jefferson will be off the board but I'd take any of these guys at 28.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I was going to say don't get wrapped up in all those 40 times and all that shit but since I've been off this week I have done some WR watching so I pulled up some Denzel Mims and damn I cant find nothing bad to say. A willing blocker, great freaking hands, good burst off the los. The only negative maybe he could cut a little better but damn that's some serious nitpicking. Yeah I'd take him at 28 even tho I really want some front 7 help. I watched full tapes of the Kansas St game ( where he really didn't do much but I noticed his willing to block ) and the Texas game which is an eye opener and then finished it off with a highlight reel. You probally already seen it but I'm showing it again since it showcased so much.

Its gotten to the point where I believe Jeudy,Ruggs,Lamb and J Jefferson will be off the board but I'd take any of these guys at 28.
I always thought we'd be crazy fortunate if Mims is still on the board where we pick but after yesterday, there is no way.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I always thought we'd be crazy fortunate if Mims is still on the board where we pick but after yesterday, there is no way.

I think we got a good shot especially if 4 QBs go before we pick. Seems to be a good stable of CBs that could bump some WRs back.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we got a good shot especially if 4 QBs go before we pick. Seems to be a good stable of CBs that could bump some WRs back.
The OT class is our saving grace. We don’t need an OT and there are 3 top ten type tackles and 2 more top 20 types, and I firmly believe they all go before we pick, pushing down some great players where we have needs.

I think at 28 we’re gonna be scrambling to trade back because we’re gonna have like 4 players EDC has in the top 20.

I think epenesa is a guy decosta will be really clamoring for, along with Baun, queen, Murray, and Mims, I think one of those 5 guys are available for us. And I think one of them end up ravens, I just hope it’s not Murray... if that’s not the case then I think there’s a huge stable of guys EDC has in the next tier, weaver, madubuike, blacklock, gallimore, Ruiz, raegor, hamler, cushenberry, Jonah Jackson, muti, greenard, aiyuk, just a ton of guys.

I think we walk away from the first 3 picks either very satisfied, or pissed off because there were better players available who we didn’t select.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The OT class is our saving grace. We don’t need an OT and there are 3 top ten type tackles and 2 more top 20 types, and I firmly believe they all go before we pick, pushing down some great players where we have needs.

I think at 28 we’re gonna be scrambling to trade back because we’re gonna have like 4 players EDC has in the top 20.

I think epenesa is a guy decosta will be really clamoring for, along with Baun, queen, Murray, and Mims, I think one of those 5 guys are available for us. And I think one of them end up ravens, I just hope it’s not Murray... if that’s not the case then I think there’s a huge stable of guys EDC has in the next tier, weaver, madubuike, blacklock, gallimore, Ruiz, raegor, hamler, cushenberry, Jonah Jackson, muti, greenard, aiyuk, just a ton of guys.

I think we walk away from the first 3 picks either very satisfied, or pissed off because there were better players available who we didn’t select.

im coming full circle on murray - the more i watch of him the less i like him - he's currently LB 5 on my board - the athleticism is something you salivate over but he's just missing so much of the rest

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think EDC's gonna play chicken and trade down and just bet that the guy we wanted originally is going to be there still (a la marquise) and if that guy makes it to the trade back spot then we're all going to be pretty happy and if he isnt i bet we're all going to be more "meh" about it because itll be a player who's probably good value but maybe not someone we love as a forum

unless someone insane falls i think we're trading down because the next group of talent is huge and 28 i think is probably right in the middle of it... like the difference in grade between the 13th and 17th player might be as big as the difference between the grade of the 22nd and 42nd player (completely unfounded example on the actual numbers lol but that's the vague impression im getting right now)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im coming full circle on murray - the more i watch of him the less i like him - he's currently LB 5 on my board - the athleticism is something you salivate over but he's just missing so much of the rest
Yeah I had a lot of concern from the start, the neck and shoulder wraps, and the angles he takes so often have you like wtf, plus he’s strictly downhill, he’s completely lost in coverage. I bit on the hype for a time but yeah I fell back off quick.

scares me shitless because I really worry that we take him. When we have guys mocked to us for months straight or a lot of people have a hot take that they stick with, it always feels like that’s who we take, first it was jimmy and Torrey, then it was upshaw, then it was mosley, then Humphrey, then Lamar and Zeus, not that they’re bad, only one turned out poorly, but they were all getting similar treatments that Murray is getting with us right now, and it scares me lol

I’m also terrified that we fuck around and take shenault for no reason at all.