• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

Do we think Miles Boykin takes the next step? He was apparently a really trusted target in camp last year and unfortunately that just did not translate to games. He's got all the physical traits, can he put it together? I'm just saying, imagine what a next step Boykin plus next step and healthy Hollywood could do with Andrews and Snead. That would be dirty. But the role that Boykin or some other rookie needs to play is huge. Can't rely on just Andrews or just Hollywood.

Needs to be given more opportunities, still hoping he can be a decent WR2

Do we think Miles Boykin takes the next step? He was apparently a really trusted target in camp last year and unfortunately that just did not translate to games. He's got all the physical traits, can he put it together? I'm just saying, imagine what a next step Boykin plus next step and healthy Hollywood could do with Andrews and Snead. That would be dirty. But the role that Boykin or some other rookie needs to play is huge. Can't rely on just Andrews or just Hollywood.

Considering our history with WRs its unlikely, hes just another size/speed camp hero. Also our corps receives the lowest amount of targets in the league. That said he'll have a few moments.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Considering our history with WRs its unlikely, hes just another size/speed camp hero. Also our corps receives the lowest amount of targets in the league. That said he'll have a few moments.
difference is he was beating our top CBs in camp. I do believe he has a chance to make a nice leap, but believe his best option is as a big slot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
difference is he was beating our top CBs in camp. I do believe he has a chance to make a nice leap, but believe his best option is as a big slot.

he wasnt like some of our previous receiver picks where he never made the field or got open - he just had low volume targets and things to work on but he showed the ability to get open at times and did some nice things that with better chemistry his production should definitely increase

he needs to not round his routes off and he needs to get with lamar and we should see some improvements - but he's clearly an intelligent guy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he wasnt like some of our previous receiver picks where he never made the field or got open - he just had low volume targets and things to work on but he showed the ability to get open at times and did some nice things that with better chemistry his production should definitely increase

he needs to not round his routes off and he needs to get with lamar and we should see some improvements - but he's clearly an intelligent guy
yep and I do have confidence in Boykin, but also believe we need to draft one this year as you do.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the latest BPA mock i did had 3 WRs getting drafted by us lol - ended up with Mims, Aiyuk and Gandy-Golden

so yeah i like boykin but the ravens shouldnt be resting on their laurels
when I've done mock drafts like that I try to avoid picking that many WRs because it's so unrealistic, even while doing a BPA. At that point I'll add need to the mock.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I don't think there's going to be any Training Camp or Preseason this year at all unless they do a virtual training camp. The one benefit to this is there won't be any injuries that would derail a team in 2020. Unless there is a preseason and injuries occur there, I think come week one even if played in empty stadiums, teams are going to 100% be healthy. I'm imagining a preseason and regular season without fans but this ensures teams will be have no excuses of injuries heading into the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think there's going to be any Training Camp or Preseason this year at all unless they do a virtual training camp. The one benefit to this is there won't be any injuries that would derail a team in 2020. Unless there is a preseason and injuries occur there, I think come week one even if played in empty stadiums, teams are going to 100% be healthy. I'm imagining a preseason and regular season without fans but this ensures teams will be have no excuses of injuries heading into the season.

it's not tenable for them not to have a training camp - not having the preaseason or fans in stadiums makes sense but you cant play without practicing - if they cant do training camp then the season cant start as scheduled - i dont think they'll cancel the 2020 season but i can definitely see it being delayed

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I read that defensive end Kamalu was cut after an arrest warrant was issued for him on a domestic assault charge on April 10th.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
maybe no preseason injuries, but if we have a season, there will be a lot of injuries early in the season due to not having any practice time.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am sure that would suck for some of the later picks and udfa players that would probably need to be cut to get to 53, since they would have no opportunity to compete for a spot.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

does this mean that miles and justice live together?

I think Justice and Gus are roommates. Wouldn’t surprise me if Miles stay in the same complex.

side note: seeing justice run full speed on concrete with slides on made me cringe lol.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mark Ingram mentioned the Band getting together in a week or so to train. Let’s hope for some sweet vids.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’ll be dependent on whether they can all travel to be in the same place given restrictions - but miles and Lamar not having good chemistry was a big contributing factor for miles not having major production last year

I don't think there's too much travel restrictions. Even at the beginning the worst it was was 14 day quarantine for certain out of staters but you dont see that anymore on overhead traffic signs. Now it tells you "Wear a mask hon" lol.

On the football I would hope they watch a lot of film besides practicing and basically just getting together in a more casual setting.