• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why couldn’t earl have pulled some bullshit earlier so we could’ve found options.

I don’t trust Elliott to stay healthy and I don’t trust shit after that

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ummmmm yea that ain’t cool ET. Why post that video

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Earl just deleted the video and post lol. Toooo late son. What a ding

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
it's funny watching lamar in the training camp live stuff and sometimes i reflexively worry about bad habits because he's not just practicing his normal improved mechanics he's also practicing different arm angles, throwing off his back foot, throwing on the move - all useful pocket stuff but i still feel like i did last year when id see a non-structured mechanic

but what's interesting about it is that some of these are happening in drills designed to muddy the mechanics like one where they have them flushed out of a murky pocket to the right and then dont have space to set a really wide base

just found it interesting
This is also how my fav player of all time practiced

rossihunter2

Staff Member

whoops

but the fact that he's deleted it at least suggests he wants to remain part of the ravens in some capacity - he's clearly fighting to stay with the ravens just making some poor decisions

you've got to think that someone said to take that shit down and keep it all in house because until ET posted anything the only stuff that had come out was random shit from JLC and barstool who are notably not reliable

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we were to trade ET to someone like Dallas, that would free up 10 million? I find it hard to believe there wouldn’t be anyone interested in his services despite taking on his contract. I’m worried about his replacement.

Simba

Staff Member
If we were to trade ET to someone like Dallas, that would free up 10 million? I find it hard to believe there wouldn’t be anyone interested in his services despite taking on his contract. I’m worried about his replacement.

Yep, correct. His $10M base salary is guaranteed so any team taking him on would take on that guarantee. With what has transpired, I find it hard to believe a team would be willing to do that.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If Earl isn't gone by 4pm Monday I will be surprised. I don't know what we could get for him in a trade but who fills the void at FS? Who's available in Free Agency, or someone who could be available in a trade?

Simba

Staff Member
Just to add, Zrebiec is also reporting that some of the players want him gone. Not strictly a JLC report at this point, so that should add some confidence in the idea that this is a pretty big issue.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If Earl isn't gone by 4pm Monday I will be surprised. I don't know what we could get for him in a trade but who fills the void at FS? Who's available in Free Agency, or someone who could be available in a trade?

it would be next man up with deshon stepping in would be my guess - would probably try and find someone to add to the room but probably not looking for a starter

Simba

Staff Member
antoine wesley gone to i/r

means we're down to 78 players on the roster

Getting to the point where it doesn't make too much sense to add guys unless we start to get low on depth. Getting close to the season and with the protocols in place, hard to get guys in to workout consistently. Just posted a new batch in the FA thread so they might be lucky enough to stick if they do even decently.