• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well, if the truancy report from JLC is true, that's grounds right there. That's the easiest thing to throw at the wall and many teams have done so and it has worked. That's how the Colts got out of the Trent Richardson fiasco - he missed a walkthrough and voided the guarantees. If they reviewed it for the wife thing (and I agree, nothing substantial there as far as conduct detrimental), you've got to believe they're documenting every little thing that could possibly be construed as such.

That's my point. The fight is 1 thing but if the rest of the stuff is true, they have a track record because I can guarantee they weren't letting it slide if the displeasure is true.

dont forget the reason the ravens were super pissed about the ET offseason incident beyond the incident itself is the fact that they only found out about it a month after it happened when the rest of the world did because earl didnt report it to them

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The Earl drama is worrisome with how much attention it’s getting. This kind of stuff is usually squashed internally and then you don’t hear a peep about it anymore but the leaks and rumors aren’t good. Earl was quietly fantastic for us last season and it would be a huge loss if we were to cut him. I can’t trust Elliot with staying healthy

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do we move Jimmy to FS full

what a straight beast

jimmy's a corner and will remain a corner but will be a matchup weapon - but he's very much not a safety

id be fine with Joker playing the 2nd safety role but not sure who'd play the 3rd safety role if ET was gone - might be Levine or Geno Stone doing well as a rookie but could also be that we play more 4 CB dime or we bring someone in like brandon carr coming back to play that 3rd safety hybrid role like he did last year

idk but i know that jimmy's not going to play free safety

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Earl posted the play in question on instagram with a sort of apology

but given the media embargo on posting plays like this you've gotta think he's gonna be in trouble now also for posting the play...
at the end of the clip you can see chuck blow up at him

you can see chuck literally throw his helmet in frustration - chuck's normally so even tempered so you've got to feel like that reaction is based on something more than just 1 coverage bust in training albeit it's a pretty awful bust

it also confirms that it looks like the 1s starting OL right now (as of yesterday) is stanley, bozeman, mekari, fluker, brown which is the sort of info (who's playing with which group e.g. 1s, 2s, 3s etc.) that is normally not allowed to be reported by the media either

Simba

Staff Member
Earl posted the play in question on instagram with a sort of apology

but given the media embargo on posting plays like this you've gotta think he's gonna be in trouble now also for posting the play...
at the end of the clip you can see chuck blow up at him

you can see chuck literally throw his helmet in frustration - chuck's normally so even tempered so you've got to feel like that reaction is based on something more than just 1 coverage bust in training albeit it's a pretty awful bust

it also confirms that it looks like the 1s starting OL right now (as of yesterday) is stanley, bozeman, mekari, fluker, brown which is the sort of info (who's playing with which group e.g. 1s, 2s, 3s etc.) that is normally not allowed to be reported by the media either

The half assed apology won’t do him any favors either. The “I spoke calmly but was met with aggression” routine.

I’d like for him to stick around but he needs to realize when he’s in the wrong and throwing a punch is clearly on him