• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
oh i wasnt joking lol - genuinely the draft might be my favourite game of the year
Same here, next to the Super Bowl it’s one of the most exciting times. I love the mystery around it and I think what gets me is the change it has on these guys lives. It’s fun to watch it unfold and hypothesize.
More not reporting reports. It'd be surprising if Phillips isn't the starter at this point.

I certainly hope so but he was practically hand picked by John Harbaugh so he does have that going for him.
to me that's really exciting if he's managed to win that job in a truncated offseason as a rookie having hardly played any guard in college - you've got to think he's a really intelligent guy to even be in the mix this early let alone potentially win that job
Indeed and in some ways I honestly do think there’s some bias here on Harbaugh’s end because he clearly pounded the table for the guy. Now the guy he pounded the table to get looks like he may start at RG and replace Yanda. Tough job all around but it is certainly interesting if Harbaugh starts him due to his rumored aversion to starting rookie OL. People always joked about that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Same here, next to the Super Bowl it’s one of the most exciting times. I love the mystery around it and I think what gets me is the change it has on these guys lives. It’s fun to watch it unfold and hypothesize.

I certainly hope so but he was practically hand picked by John Harbaugh so he does have that going for him.

Indeed and in some ways I honestly do think there’s some bias here on Harbaugh’s end because he clearly pounded the table for the guy. Now the guy he pounded the table to get looks like he may start at RG and replace Yanda. Tough job all around but it is certainly interesting if Harbaugh starts him due to his rumored aversion to starting rookie OL. People always joked about that.
i always joked about that myself, but im starting to question it now that i think about it. michael oher, KO, stanley, possibly phillips. that leaves one out of 5 OL picked in the top 3 rounds who didnt earn a starting job as a rookie, and thats jah reid.

which also brings me to this point... if the harbaugh era ravens have a 80% hit rate on OL in the first 3 rounds, why the fuck dont they roll the dice more often?? clearly weve needed it.

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Yeah as Harbaugh needs to take Lamar Jackson to the next level. Knowing he is young and will be there for the forseeable future.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
A couple of last minute changes to my 53 with some additional "info" that came out this week. I knew my last one wasn't final but this one is...

QB (3): Jackson, Griffin, McSorley
RB (4): Ingram, Dobbins, Edwards, Hill
WR (6): Brown, Snead, Boykin, Duvernay, Proche, Moore
TE (3): Andrews, Boyle, Ricard
OL (9): Stanley, Bozeman, Skura*, Phillips, Brown, Fluker, Mekari, Bredeson, Powers
DL (6): Campbell, Williams, Wolfe, Madubuike*, Ellis, Washington
OLB (5): Judon, McPhee, Bowser, Ferguson, Ward
ILB (4): Queen, Fort, Harrison, Board
CB (5): Humphrey, Peters, Smith, Young, Averett
S (5): Clark, Elliott, Levine, Stone, Warrior
ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

With Madubuike week-to-week and Skura potentially needing a little more time, both make the original 53 but go to the 3 week IR shortly after. Jordan Richards (vested vet who isn't exposed to waivers) and Jerell Adams (unlikely to be claimed) return to the roster on Tuesday to fill those roster spots.

Ideal PS (pending cleared waivers):
O: QB Huntley, RB Williams, WR Scott, WR Moore, TE Wolf, TE Scarff, OL Colon-Castillo, OL Ehinger, OL Holden
D: DL Crawford, ILB Alaka, ILB Welch, OLB Adeoye, OLB Rivers, CB Nurse, CB Bonds

No luck at the inn:
RB Barner, OLB Willoughby, CB Dorsey, P Townsend, LS Moore

Of note:

I went back with McSorley over Huntley. I just have a hard time buying that Huntley will be claimed on waivers. I don't think McSorley will either, but he at least has some game tape from last year that adds a little more question for me.

With Phillips seemingly winning the RG job and Fluker moving into a super sub role, I have Holden off and Powers back on (2 unintended puns there). I think they'll want to continue to work with Powers as a 4th rounder last year as opposed to a true fringe NFL talent.

Stacking heavy in the secondary for ST reasons but would imagine one of those is the first to go when one of Mads or Skura return from IR. I could also see a scenario where Richards is off the roster until week 2 so they don't have to guarantee his salary for the year.

PS is simply ideal and I don't doubt we'll probably have a couple of outside additions - another DL in particular? Scarff is on temporarily until we know the extent of Wolf's injury.
I could also see us putting Hill on IR

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
yikes Hakeem Butler has been released. He was my nr1 WR yikes...at least Deebo and Hollywood were my nr 2,3s

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I sort of fell away after the board migration from br.com, great to see your Avatar game is still strong.

Top work!

tumblr_m6wqbgCAz61qf11ovo1_250.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Did we really just turn CJ Mosley into a future starting Guard? Phillips was taken with the compensatory pick that we got for Mosley so that's a pretty good value right there.

Simba

Staff Member

crockett gillmore sighting lol - maybe to see if he's worth a spot on the practice squad - my guess is this is an indicator that Eli Wolf is going to I/R at some point tomorrow

Not a name I expected to hear today lol. Whatever. Clearly not a 53 man roster signing so see if he's got anything left in the tank at whatever position he'd be playing.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn’t mind tossing a 6th or maybe a 5th for Ryan Anderson. He wasn’t a fit with redskins’ 4-3 defense. Could be a nice rotational player for us. I doubt Snyder would want to do any trading with us though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wouldn’t mind tossing a 6th or maybe a 5th for Ryan Anderson. He wasn’t a fit with redskins’ 4-3 defense. Could be a nice rotational player for us. I doubt Snyder would want to do any trading with us though.

Idk why Snyder wouldn’t trade with us, it’s not like we’re anything close to rivals. But if we needed an edge guy I’d do it, I think he would be a solid fit here